• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

domthedon030

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/19
In response to the debate about the VSF clasp earlier in this thread, I found that the latest ARF bracelet and clasp compliments the VSF the best. The ARF clasp isn’t perfect itself but it’s a lot better than the VSF 7GJ and 6SH clasps.

VSF, as mentioned previously, has huge gaps either end of the clasp. It’s not 904L, the coronet is positioned too low on the buckle and is the wrong shape. Also, it’s satin whereas it should be polished. The glidelock isn’t as smooth as the ARF/GEN either.

The only real give away with the ARF clasp is the ‘W’ in ‘SWISS MADE’ as it looks more like an upside down M rather than a W. Also the engravings are a tiny bit on the shallow side. This is an error on all ARF 97200 clasps. Other than that, it’s very close to gen and superior to the VSF IMO.

Another thing is the glidelock itself, on the gen and VSF, the end of the ladder has a curved finish whereas the ARF is square.

I’d love to get my hands on a factory that has managed to perfect the clasp if anyone has any suggestions!

Reactions: Kevstah and up2wind

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
In response to the debate about the VSF clasp earlier in this thread, I found that the latest ARF bracelet and clasp compliments the VSF the best. The ARF clasp isn’t perfect itself but it’s a lot better than the VSF 7GJ and 6SH clasps.

VSF, as mentioned previously, has huge gaps either end of the clasp. It’s not 904L, the coronet is positioned too low on the buckle and is the wrong shape. Also, it’s satin whereas it should be polished. The glidelock isn’t as smooth as the ARF/GEN either.

The only real give away with the ARF clasp is the ‘W’ in ‘SWISS MADE’ as it looks more like an upside down M rather than a W. Also the engravings are a tiny bit on the shallow side. This is an error on all ARF 97200 clasps. Other than that, it’s very close to gen and superior to the VSF IMO.

Another thing is the glidelock itself, on the gen and VSF, the end of the ladder has a curved finish whereas the ARF is square.

I’d love to get my hands on a factory that has managed to perfect the clasp if anyone has any suggestions!

Whats the clasp code you referring to for ARF?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
For those who intrested:

Hont just said VSF are comming back.. shocking news and hope it is true. He have told the same to several ppl

Great news & thank you for sharing, hope it's true :praying:

In the meantime, excuse me while I quickly ring the bank to prepare the funds :eek:nthephone:

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
For those who intrested:

Hont just said VSF are comming back.. shocking news and hope it is true. He have told the same to several ppl

F0-A0-E195-BCC2-460-B-8-BA0-EE7-DD7-A3-AB41.gif

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21

Great news however we need to keep our eyes open like CF and fake CF. I'm only saying that because I've seen Hont promoting JVS (supposedly fake VSF) too much lately.. And as we've seen in other threads the updated JVSs use "S1xxxxxx" serials which is how the VSFs start as well. I hope it's not the case though

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Amazing pieces really.. I wish I got one when they were available but I was not even aware! If anyone wants to sell please let me know and we can do it via the proper sales area here under the reserved sale status.. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Let's hope VSF coming back is not a Reddit rumor and they will start making their rep Daytona's again.

Reactions: Max23

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
It was a typo on my behalf as I meant to say they could start making Daytona with fully functional chronographs.

I think the raid also went after the factory that was producing those 4130 movements. I thought I read somewhere that it was the same movement maker that made the 3225 as well, and had separate contracts with Noob and VSF respectively. If that movement factory was raided, then it cuts off those clone movement reps at the head. We'd have to wait for a new movement maker to perfect them and then work with another factory to make the actual watches. Looks like it might be a while.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
5f4d55d13763a406b3449578df9c7943.jpg

Rumors or not, VSFs are one of the most amazing rep offerings in years. If they are really gone forever it will take sometime for the rest of the factories to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: domiffm

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
I think the raid also went after the factory that was producing those 4130 movements. I thought I read somewhere that it was the same movement maker that made the 3225 as well, and had separate contracts with Noob and VSF respectively. If that movement factory was raided, then it cuts off those clone movement reps at the head. We'd have to wait for a new movement maker to perfect them and then work with another factory to make the actual watches. Looks like it might be a while.

If you guys notice , the authorities were targeting those with dandong movements. Namely the noob 4130 and the vs3235

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marky101

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I'm uncertain if sell my franken vsf,i want go with gen sub!
gen crystal,dw,and hands

If you want to pay those jacked up prices, go for it. But for me, and being a gen owner, the VSF 116610 with some external pieces (DW, hands, crystal, dial) & internal movement mods (auto mod, balance assembly, barrel, etc) is just as good as gen