The VSF Submariners Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StreetFighter View Post
    What we talking about here, a less than 1mm difference in the gap at the clasp closure?

VSF/gen

Did someone say they 'sold' their VSF because they could not live with this terribly minor difference?
    That’s not even comparing similar clasps, it’s not just a mm gap, or a minor difference, the entire clasp opening looks different and is unacceptable to many. The watch is not even sitting correctly on your wrist so the clasp is not in the correct position. Is that a 11 or a 12 as it’s the 12 that has fhe biggest problem.
    if individuals are happy with theirs, great, if others aren’t, that’s ok also.
    Last edited by Marky101; 14-01-22, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplock View Post

Experimenting with a SEL from the parts bin. It’s possible to file the outer links lower which creates more definition and a taller center link. I used a fine Swiss file that only cuts on the bottom and doesn’t cut into the sides of the center link. A crisp result is possible. I didn’t brush or polish. This just the result of filing, and I think it has potential.
      This is why I love rwi. Thanks mate.
      I will try to replicate or have some professional do it for me once I service my epic 126610.

Comment

http://www.cigaraficionado.com

https://www.tudorwatch.com

If it floats , flies or fucks it's probably cheaper to rent!

Comment

Originally posted by Wacht View Post

This is why I love rwi. Thanks mate.
          I will try to replicate or have some professional do it for me once I service my epic 126610.
          The endlink will have to be removed to do it but I think it’s possible to create the desired effect if someone is up to the task. It’s very tedious and labor intensive.

Comment

Will an arf bracelet fit the 116610 vsf early models?

Comment

Originally posted by jkrw247 View Post

IIRC pre-raid were 2R1 to 2R4 max
              My pre-raid vsf 126610LV is 2R6 so I guess the list extends more than 2R4
              "Even a copy gives you a distinctive signature"

Comment

Originally posted by matty1938 View Post

Thank you mate so a serial S18V wouldn’t be a proper vsf pre raid 40mm sub?
                I first learnt about VSF subs in early 2021 and I don't remember seeing any S18s. I could be wrong though.
                Watches for Sale - WW Shipping
                I have these for sale (see link below)! Interested? PM me to discuss!
                https://clickpix.org/images/zLjCBn.png

Comment

Will an arf bracelet fit the 116610 vsf early models?
                  Should do, I had ARF bracelet on my VSF116610LN. 3 out of 4 endlinks fitted well.
                  Wanted: 2824 movement. PM me.

Comment

Should do, I had ARF bracelet on my VSF116610LN. 3 out of 4 endlinks fitted well.
                    thanks mate I will try and source one

Comment

I had a gen 126610LV in my hands today during a visit to my grey dealer. I also viewed a few more 12 series Subs while window shopping. I can confirm the SEL midlinks are very similar to VSF and the current CF.
                      The SEL’s on the 12 subs are not like the 11 subs. The 12’s have a shallow step and blunt edge compared to the 11’s.

My conclusion is there is no need to change your bracelets on the 12 series subs, they are close enough to gen the way they are.

The gen I had in my hands was so close to VSF that I had to check the serial and clasp to make sure it wasn’t actually a VSF. It’s amazing how close these are, there really is no point in buying gen (investment aside).
                      Last edited by StreetFighter; 14-01-22, 16:46.

Comment

I had a gen 126610LV in my hands today during a visit to my grey dealer. I also viewed a few more 12 series Subs while window shopping. I can confirm the SEL midlinks are very similar to VSF and the current CF.
                        The SEL’s on the 12 subs are not like the 11 subs. The 12’s have a shallow step and blunt edge compared to the 11’s.

My conclusion is there is no need to change your bracelets on the 12 series subs, they are close enough to gen the way they are.

The gen I had in my hands was so close to VSF that I had to check the serial and clasp to make sure it wasn’t actually a VSF. It’s amazing how close these are, there really is no point in buying gen (investment aside).
                        Is it true the first vsf’s 116610 reps didn’t have great feeling bracelets compared to gen?

Comment

Comment

Is it true the first vsf’s 116610 reps didn’t have great feeling bracelets compared to gen?
                            I got my first around November 2020. It was a little later as it as the LV which came after the LN, it felt like gen. I believe some of those who ordered the first LN's didn't find anything special about them, but whether this was because they were not as good as they are now or lack of experience, I'm not sure. My memory is vague but there may have been another clasp code early on, it had a screw hole on the side of the clasp that wasn't there on gen or later versions of the bracelet so it may well have been a lesser quality bracelet, 6SH, I could be wrong?
                            Last edited by StreetFighter; 14-01-22, 19:59.

Comment

Has VSF gone or can you still buy from TS?

Comment

Originally posted by Abudhabi View Post
                                Has VSF gone or can you still buy from TS?
                                Probably can still buy. I got mine from trusty.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ort=20a&page=1

Comment

Working...
                                X