The VSF Submariners Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobel View Post

According to who? It's the first time we're hearing about this after people have been buying VSF watches for what, like 2 years? And nobody noticed
    so its clearly not a real issue to many
    It’s been posted about numerous times over the years, and not by myself, you clearly haven’t seen it.
    Your obviously happy with your “12 series” VSF, that doesn’t mean others can’t highlight issues that bother them, and by others I don’t just mean myself.

Comment

That's not my main point, my main point is that my gen has your catfish effect, so how is that an issue on a rep?

​​​​​
      No it doesn’t, looks nothing like a VSF 12 series clasp.
      Side by side, chalk and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Marky101 View Post

And who’s talking about your gen.
        You were - when you said it looked 'worse' and 'hideous'.

Furthermore, it's not my gen as is obvious to everyone. You'd do well to pay attention.

Comment

Can someone tell me if mine has a catfish mouth??
          I zoomed your pic and its clearly there.

Comment

Originally posted by muiramas View Post

You were - when you said it looked 'worse' and 'hideous'.

Furthermore, it's not my gen as is obvious to everyone. You'd do well to pay attention.

I was referring to the VSF looking hideous and not the picture posted, you’d do well to pay attention, there’s clearly a massive difference in the 2 clasps and it’s more obvious when on the wrist than in a picture.
            I’m done with this anyway. Some people will be happy with the clasp on their VSF, others won’t and will change them.
            Last edited by Marky101; 14-01-22, 08:43.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if a serial number 2R9 and clasp 1LQ would signal a pre raid Starbucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalev007 View Post

I zoomed your pic and its clearly there.

Shit you're right!!

Comment

StreetFighter

Originally posted by matty1938 View Post
                  Can anyone confirm if a serial number 2R9 and clasp 1LQ would signal a pre raid Starbucks?

Comment

What we talking about here, a less than 1mm difference in the gap at the clasp closure?

VSF/gen

Did someone say they 'sold' their VSF because they could not live with this terribly minor difference?

Comment

I think they are all 1LQ (there was some 6SH) and 2R9 pre and post raid. The only difference between them is maybe the hands are better on the more recent watches but I have no idea when the hands upgrade was introduced. The hands on my post raid 126610 are very similar to gen, pointless to upgrade them (I posted a pic a few pages back).

Comment

That's not my main point, my main point is that my gen has your catfish effect, so how is that an issue on a rep?

​​​​​
                        No it has not! I wish I had just this dimension of gab on/at/within the clasp! Mine is definitive larger! I'm slowly getting the impression that basically every gap is now called a catfish. However, I can also understand that people who are not affected make fun of it a little. That's fine!
                        WTB: VSF 114060 & ARF/JF 16610LV

Comment

IIRC pre-raid were 2R1 to 2R4 max

Comment

Originally posted by jkrw247 View Post

IIRC pre-raid were 2R1 to 2R4 max
                            Thanks man were there any other serials? Would an ln start with something else? S18V?

Comment

Thanks man were there any other serials? Would an ln start with something else? S18V?
                              2RX are for the 41mm subs, S19+ are for 40mm subs

Comment

Originally posted by jkrw247 View Post

2RX are for the 41mm subs, S19+ are for 40mm subs
                                Thank you mate so a serial S18V wouldn’t be a proper vsf pre raid 40mm sub?

Comment

Working...
                                X