• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I wonder when we'll see something like this again. Looking at all the new releases this fall and they seem a million miles away from where VSF was a year ago.

55-A0-F2-C3-45-A3-4-B48-9380-82-D190629671.jpg

Shit it does look good. Stock crystal? If I had known I'd have gotten one as well ;)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I wonder when we'll see something like this again. Looking at all the new releases this fall and they seem a million miles away from where VSF was a year ago.
]

Shit it does look good. Stock crystal? If I had known I'd have gotten one as well ;)

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
I am waiting for parts to pop up, trying to follow Triplock footsteps lol

i got these parts for now until more become available, mostly movement parts but i do want gen hand and bezel for sure, once i have everything ill slap them on.

-105 Gen Barrel bridge
-125 Gen Pinion bridge
-145 Gen Automatic module
-335 Gen Minute/Canon Pinion
-Gen crystal - B25-7017-1-C1
jyigW2.jpg

jymDQE.jpg

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I am waiting for parts to pop up, trying to follow Triplock footsteps lol

i got these parts for now until more become available, mostly movement parts but i do want gen hand and bezel for sure, once i have everything ill slap them on.

-105 Gen Barrel bridge
-125 Gen Pinion bridge
-145 Automatic module
-335 Minute/Canon Pinion
-Gen crystal - B25-7017-1-C1

great start you have! I bought a gen barrel bridge on eBay and had to return it as it was damaged in the recessed area where the barrel sits. The sidewall was deformed. Gen balance will make that movement sing. Never seen hands for sale. Not sure if they’re different than 116xxx hands. Do you know?

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
great start you have! I bought a gen barrel bridge on eBay and had to return it as it was damaged in the recessed area where the barrel sits. The sidewall was deformed. Gen balance will make that movement sing. Never seen hands for sale. Not sure if they’re different than 116xxx hands. Do you know?

I had bought a gen Train wheel bridge from Chrono and it came all starched up (it said it was new, but that was bullshit) so I sent it back. and i haven't seen hands for sale either, i wouldn't know if 116xxx would fit, maybe Nikz19 can chime in, he has worked on a handful of these or maybe KJ2020

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I had bought a gen Train wheel bridge from Chrono and it came all starched up (it said it was new, but that was bullshit) so I sent it back. and i haven't seen hands for sale either, i wouldn't know if 116xxx would fit, maybe Nikz19 can chime in, he has worked on a handful of these or maybe KJ2020

Same thing happened to me with a train wheel bridge “new in blister package” which was clearly used, dirty, and oily. It was useable but not worth what I paid so I returned it. It’s a minefield out there.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Gen hands will fit - 3135/3235 have the same size hand holes but of course the hands are different on the 126x. Though I have seen some swapping around done (gen 116x hands on a VSF 126x).

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Gen hands will fit - 3135/3235 have the same size hand holes but of course the hands are different on the 126x. Though I have seen some swapping around done (gen 116x hands on a VSF 126x).

I was wondering if 126 hands were longer than 116 hands.

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
Same thing happened to me with a train wheel bridge “new in blister package” which was clearly used, dirty, and oily. It was useable but not worth what I paid so I returned it. It’s a minefield out there.

this is true, definitely a hit or miss when you buy some of these gen parts

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I believe they will come back stronger and better. The business case was there, the know-how was there.

The company making the movement has ceased production on the VS3235 presumably because of patent infringement, since the 3235 boasted a dozen new patented parts. While it's possible that others can manufacture everything else (case, bracelet, etc) to VSF spec, the era of the cloned 3235 appears to be over. The VR3235 hybrid is probably a good substitute though.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
The company making the movement has ceased production on the VS3235 presumably because of patent infringement, since the 3235 boasted a dozen new patented parts. While it's possible that others can manufacture everything else (case, bracelet, etc) to VSF spec, the era of the cloned 3235 appears to be over. The VR3235 hybrid is probably a good substitute though.

I’m not sure it has anything to do with patents. I mean, it’s not like the rest of the watch haven’t any registered trademarks on it eheh

Reactions: Kevstah and walla65

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I’m not sure it has anything to do with patents. I mean, it’s not like the rest of the watch haven’t any registered trademarks on it eheh

Speculation: The movement company is well known company and not a back alley enterprise, so they probably have too much to lose by blatantly infringing on patents of a powerful company with deep pockets and droves of lawyers. I read that they had the 3235 movement on display at the Hong Kong Jewelry and Watch Fair. That’s just asking for trouble. And apparently they got it. Most other components can be legally manufactured without markings. They are then sent to a different workshop that engraves the counterfeit markings on them and that’s where the “crime” occurs. The movement companies can legally make movements that are out of patent, and they do, but the 3235 has over a dozen current patents.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
the 3235 has over a dozen current patents

The Geneva big boys don't need a patent infringement to act if they want to. A counterfeit is a counterfeit even if not covered by a patent. Imo, they went for the movement makers because that way they screw off all factories.