The VSF Submariners Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triplock View Post

Where’s this mouth I keep hearing about?
    Its hyperbole. there is no part of the watch that resembles a mouth - a catfish one or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by StreetFighter View Post

CF bracelet is off the menu. The SEL's on the latest ones are no improvement over VSF. They have quite literally lost their edge.

Here is the latest CF 41mm Oyster bracelet on the CF124060..

..the SEL's are the same are VSF - shallow, soft edged, lacking any defininition.

For reference, this is what we're talking about when I say crap SEL's (illustration borrowed)

So we should ask precisely for the CF 126610 models?

I am seeing more inconsistency among 116x series
      "Even a copy gives you a distinctive signature"

Comment

Experimenting with a SEL from the parts bin. It’s possible to file the outer links lower which creates more definition and a taller center link. I used a fine Swiss file that only cuts on the bottom and doesn’t cut into the sides of the center link. A crisp result is possible. I didn’t brush or polish. This just the result of filing, and I think it has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by mandipan View Post

So we should ask precisely for the CF 126610 models?

I am seeing more inconsistency among 116x series
          I'd very much doubt there will be any difference. If CF use the same case for the 126 and 124 then they'll be using the same bracelet too.
          Wanted: 2824 movement. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplock View Post

I think it has potential.
            Hell yea it does….nice

Comment

Originally posted by muiramas View Post

Its hyperbole. there is no part of the watch that resembles a mouth - a catfish one or otherwise.
              The clasp is dog shit. If you close the clasp and look at where you pull it to release it, the gap is huge compared to how it should be and looks like the mouth of a catfish, hence why so many people change the clasp or won’t wear the watch.

Comment

just today I was watching the closure of my vsf ... in fact all the time it bothered me. I never thought I'd fall into these things ... but I admit it. the catfish effect is awful.
                how is it resolved?

Comment

Found an old photo and reposting... My 1LQ clasp isn't as bad, but clearly there are better options. I will still be buying a CF bracelet due to the full 904L, better clasp and my misaligned lug.
                  Last edited by TheNickGuy; 13-01-22, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNickGuy View Post

Found an old photo and reposting... My 1LQ clasp isn't as bad, but clearly there are better options. I will still be buying a CF bracelet due to the full 904L, better clasp and my misaligned lug.
                    Nice 1, I couldn’t post a pic as I sold the watch it bothered me so much. It’s also more noticeable when on the wrist than it is in the picture above.

Comment

Are my watches suffering from dreaded catfish mouth???

Comment

Originally posted by TheNickGuy View Post

This is exatly how my clasp looks from the side! It‘s really awful!
                        WTB: VSF 114060 & ARF/JF 16610LV

Comment

Here we have REAL OCD patients. “Catfish mouth”.... wow.

Comment

Can someone tell me if mine has a catfish mouth??

Comment

If you can't see it people it is not an issue... or is it?

Comment

We are moving from who has the best sub to who has the best catfish! ????
                                "Even a copy gives you a distinctive signature"

Comment

Working...
                                X