• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Flock

7/3/16
e37a351a596e3e1f9b45f5e9c39a110a.jpg

Gen and rep?

iPhone Tapatalk

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Would be great to see them if available, although a gen bezel is $$$$. I think I’ll wait the end of CNY to place an order for a CF full bezel, maybe they’re compatible considering that the ceramic insert is the same… this could be an easy and cheap fix

The genuine 126610 bezel, insert, and dial, are identical to VSF to the point that it's nearly impossible to detect sans microscope. Direct swap. Hundreds of dollars spent, with no appreciable improvement in appearance. The hundreds spent simply gives you bragging rights and nothing more.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
The genuine 126610 bezel, insert, and dial, are identical to VSF to the point that it's nearly impossible to detect sans microscope. Direct swap. Hundreds of dollars spent, with no appreciable improvement in appearance. The hundreds spent simply gives you bragging rights and nothing more.

finally someone with experience in the field

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
what you can perceive is that the ss gen bezel is softer to the touch. the vsf is a little more angular. but even this, hardly anyone will notice even touching it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Nice. Not with a bracelet though, you’ll ruin the side of the watch (if you care that is).

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK

I found when I swapped my VSF 116610 bezel for gen it was quite noticeable. Specifically in low light settings or indoors not near windows. You just can't see the numbers as clearly, they aren't as bright. I will admit though this is something you would only notice side by side but it was very clear to see. Did they improve on the 126610 bezel ?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I found when I swapped my VSF 116610 bezel for gen it was quite noticeable. Specifically in low light settings or indoors not near windows. You just can't see the numbers as clearly, they aren't as bright. I will admit though this is something you would only notice side by side but it was very clear to see. Did they improve on the 126610 bezel ?

I have one 126610 with gen bezel and one with rep bezel. I can only tell them apart by looking at the pip at 10x because the vsf pip has a dent from me bumping it. Aside from that I see no difference.

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK
I have one 126610 with gen bezel and one with rep bezel. I can only tell them apart by looking at the pip at 10x because the vsf pip has a dent from me bumping it. Aside from that I see no difference.

Interesting, I'm wondering if the early vsf models were perhaps a little duller then on the bezel and maybe they improved them down the line. Mine is a 116610 with the rehaut misalignment at 12. They were the early ones I believe. I'm glad I had the bezel swapped out for gen but I have a feeling later ones were almost perfect out the box as you say.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Nice. Not with a bracelet though, you’ll ruin the side of the watch (if you care that is).

Thank you

I am happy with this finish out of the box.
The bracelet is only for the picture, lol.

BLY

16/4/20

Can someone help verify is this a VSF116610 LV? serial number is s29

the bracelet rattles quite a bit and squeaky

Also compare to me v2s, the v2s "feels" beefier. Can't really explain it but v2s just feels chunkier. Not sure do other members have similar experience

dxdin

13/8/20
EU
I have the 116610LV from VSF and really wanted to get a 116613LB from VSF but then the raids happened. Now it’s impossible to find 1 and the only other option is getting the 126613LB, just didn’t want it to be too big so asked the question. I understand the gold is not as good as the CF and I’m sure I read somewhere that the end link is 3 piece and not 1 solid piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey do you know if VSF made a two tone version of a 126613LB?

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Was the prof xtal worth it to you? Which one did you get? 2xAR? I feel VSF xtals pretty good OOTB

You’re right that the VSF xtal is already plenty good. I bought this one with the prof black hole already installed, but it probably wouldn’t have been something that I would have gone for if it was just stock.

IMO I feel like it’s a 10% improvement with the prof crystal. Clarity is better in the date window and the cyclops edges are cleaner.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Posted elsewhere, should be in here too..

Even the highly touted VSF Sub 41 has a couple of real downer flaws - the SEL mid link definition is atrociously slight .
jdv4Mt.jpg

This is incorrect. That is a 126610 and a 116610, the endlinks are not the same.

The 126610 actually has a very slight midlink step, not like the 116610. This was an incorrect assumption that I made too, however it seems VSF were on it from the start.

The genuine 126610 endlink is shallow and not well defined, it looks like VSF..

Here are 3 genuine 126610...
jdvuoE.jpg
jdvvTn.jpg
jdvsD2.jpg

VSF endlinks are 90% there. Give a gen a polish and it'll have VSF endlinks.

Last edited: