Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The VSF Submariners Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Paying $213 for another SS bracelet is wild

    Comment


      Did anyone try to polish the rehaut with cape cod or similar?
      Last edited by Wacht; 12-01-22, 05:45.

      Comment


        Originally posted by GGEuroHEADSHOT View Post
        Paying $213 for another SS bracelet is wild
        Gen is 2.5 -3kUSD so that's a bargain for a noticeable improvement.

        Comment



          StreetFighter
          12 already GL

          Comment


            Nice one buddy, well done.
            Wanted: 2824 movement. PM me.

            Comment


              Originally posted by TheNickGuy View Post
              Talked with Li today, stand-alone bracelet purchases won’t be available until mid-February due to CNY. Thinking of a Jubilee as well…
              Thanks for the update Nick. Was thinking to try one of those CF bracelets even if I consider my VSF pretty good.
              "Even a copy gives you a distinctive signature"

              Comment


                Originally posted by Marky101 View Post
                Just replace it with a CF bracelet, they use the ARF bracelet, far better SEL fitment and it’ll also get rid of the horrendous catfish mouth shaped gap you currently have at the front of the clasp.
                Daaaaamn! I own a 126610 from the pre-raid era and have worn it maybe a handful times because i just can't live with this "catfish" grimace. I have often thought to address that somewhere or to look for it over here. Just did not know how to describe the problem. RWI is a freaking rabbit hole! The possibility that someone else has already addressed this problem somewhere is immensely high. Just finding it via search is the challenge! Now I'm happy to have read this and to know that I'm not alone with the problem! haha! Maybe I'll find some more infos with "catfish", if this is already a term for that kind of clasp! Thanks!
                WTB: VSF 114060 & ARF/JF 16610LV

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mrln View Post

                  Daaaaamn! I own a 126610 from the pre-raid era and have worn it maybe a handful times because i just can't live with this "catfish" grimace. I have often thought to address that somewhere or to look for it over here. Just did not know how to describe the problem. RWI is a freaking rabbit hole! The possibility that someone else has already addressed this problem somewhere is immensely high. Just finding it via search is the challenge! Now I'm happy to have read this and to know that I'm not alone with the problem! haha! Maybe I'll find some more infos with "catfish", if this is already a term for that kind of clasp! Thanks!
                  If it’s only the clasp that’s bothering you, no need to change the bracelet, just the clasp. I genuinely couldn’t wear mine with original VSF clasp as it was so horrendous. If your happy with the SEL’s just replace the clasp

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Marky101 View Post

                    If it’s only the clasp that’s bothering you, no need to change the bracelet, just the clasp. I genuinely couldn’t wear mine with original VSF clasp as it was so horrendous. If your happy with the SEL’s just replace the clasp
                    Another nice thing about replacing a VS with CF clasp is the 316 vs 904 difference. I believe VS is all 904 except crown & clasp if I’m not mistaken.

                    Comment


                      ForecastMax, you bring up a good point, I would only want to add 904 components. I assume the CF bracelet is 904? And the clasp?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheNickGuy View Post
                        ForecastMax, you bring up a good point, I would only want to add 904 components. I assume the CF bracelet is 904? And the clasp?
                        Yep both. The VS bracelet is as well just not the clasp

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mandipan View Post

                          Thanks for the update Nick. Was thinking to try one of those CF bracelets even if I consider my VSF pretty good.


                          CF bracelet is off the menu. The SEL's on the latest ones are no improvement over VSF. They have quite literally lost their edge.

                          Here is the latest CF 41mm Oyster bracelet on the CF124060..



                          ..the SEL's are the same are VSF - shallow, soft edged, lacking any defininition.


                          For reference, this is what we're talking about when I say crap SEL's (illustration borrowed)




                          Last edited by StreetFighter; 13-01-22, 16:09.
                          Wanted: 2824 movement. PM me.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Marky101 View Post

                            If it’s only the clasp that’s bothering you, no need to change the bracelet, just the clasp. I genuinely couldn’t wear mine with original VSF clasp as it was so horrendous. If your happy with the SEL’s just replace the clasp
                            Oh, right! Yeah, SELs are great for me! But this huuuuge mouth I cannot stand!
                            WTB: VSF 114060 & ARF/JF 16610LV

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mrln View Post

                              Oh, right! Yeah, SELs are great for me! But this huuuuge mouth I cannot stand!
                              Where’s this mouth I keep hearing about?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by StreetFighter View Post



                                CF bracelet is off the menu. The SEL's on the latest ones are no improvement over VSF. They have quite literally lost their edge.

                                Here is the latest CF 41mm Oyster bracelet on the CF124060..



                                ..the SEL's are the same are VSF - shallow, soft edged, lacking any defininition.


                                For reference, this is what we're talking about when I say crap SEL's (illustration borrowed)



                                So just change the clasp and you’ve got the best option available.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X