• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Pazz

Horology Curious
18/12/20
jdHsyt.png
jdHu42.png

Honestly the hands look great on both 11 and 12 series, it would only make sense to replace them if you have gen ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: StreetFighter

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
jdHEmn.jpg

Mmm… VSF’s bezel looks more prominent compared to gen and cf?

It’s the bezel is actually too big and protrudes over the case, also the teeth of the bezel are too pronounced over the gen and are too deep, and also too far apart, also doesn’t portray the crown guards in a very good light, but hey, it’s a VSF, who’s going to notice, fanboys are blinded…….

Last edited:
Reactions: keisuke_z

Flock

7/3/16

It’s the bezel is actually too big and protrudes over the case, also the teeth of the bezel are too pronounced over the gen, but hey, it’s a VSF, who’s going to notice.

Maybe a direct swap between VSF and CF bezel assembly would make it perfect? Would it work as a direct and easy swap?

iPhone Tapatalk

Fluidtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/21
Germany
It’s the bezel is actually too big and protrudes over the case, also the teeth of the bezel are too pronounced over the gen, but hey, it’s a VSF, who’s going to notice.

No, wrong way......

The bezel of the VSF measures 40.65mm and that of the Clean measures 40.95mm. You don't see this 1.5 tenths of a millimeter in the radius.

It's on the case.

Last edited:

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
No, wrong way......

The bezel of the VSF measures 40.65mm and that of the Clean measures 40.95mm. You don't see this 1.5 tenths of a millimeter in the radius.

It's on the case.

The picture I’ve posted is a VSF and a Gen. The VSF bezel sticks out past the case and the scallops are too big and pronounced and are also too deep. The bezel actually hides part of the crown guard also. So if it isn’t the bezel, then the perfect case isn’t the perfect case……, can hear fanboys dropping their knickers for a unicorn, in unison, in total shock!

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16
The picture I’ve posted is a VSF and a Gen. The VSF bezel sticks out past the case and the scallops are too big and pronounced and are also too deep. The bezel actually hides part of the crown guard also. So if it isn’t the bezel, then the perfect case isn’t the perfect case……, can hear fanboys dropping their knickers in shock for a unicorn in unison!

Don’t be like this :)
This is just a hobby and we all can talk about pros/cons in a good way. It seems there is no perfect case in both examples (Clean and VSF).
IMHO, to my eyes, the curve on the clean is too fat and not fat enough on the VSF.
But the overall look going further and including the CGs, the VSF looks… more gen.
But thats only my eyes today, maybe tomorrow can be the opposite :lol:

iPhone Tapatalk

Reactions: keisuke_z

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Don’t be like this :)
This is just a hobby and we all can talk about pros/cons in a good way. It seems there is no perfect case in both examples (Clean and VSF).
IMHO, to my eyes, the curve on the clean is too fat and not fat enough on the VSF.
But the overall look going further and including the CGs, the VSF looks… more gen.
But thats only my eyes today, maybe tomorrow can be the opposite :lol:

iPhone Tapatalk

Nobody is being like anything! But let’s stick to facts, the bezel on the VSF appears to big, covers part of the case that it shouldn’t and sticks out, the scallops are too big, too deep and too far apart, the VSF is a great piece, but it’s doesn’t deserve the fanboy status it gets, it’s not pedestal status……

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Nobody is being like anything! But let’s stick to facts, the bezel on the VSF appears to big, covers part of the case that it shouldn’t and sticks out, the scallops are too big, too deep and too far apart, the VSF is a great piece, but it’s doesn’t deserve the fanboy status it gets, it’s not pedestal status……

Which VSF watches do you own?

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Which VSF watches do you own?
I own zero VSF. Have however owned VSF 116610LN, 126610LN and 126619LB all bought from Li at JTime and I’ve sold them all as I didn’t like the bezel, didn’t like the catfish mouth that made both the 12 series unwearable. That’s the facts, and I’m sorry, just don’t get this VSF on a pedestal bollox

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16
Ok, let’s rephrase, looks shite!
Fanboys are out in force :)

Ok, let’s rephrase, looks shite!
Fanboys are out in force :)

Why you call others fanboys? Just because some doesn’t agree with your opinion?
The only fact I have seen so far is stated on post #732, where both bezels were measured and it seems the CF is bigger than the VSF (40.95mm vs 40.65mm). I don’t know if this is true or not, but I don’t have any reason to doubt that.

You call other people “VSF fanboys”… is it legit to call you just “anti VSF”?

It’s your opinion and I respect that. You prefer CF or anything else over VSF, that’s your choice and not my business. I won’t bash Clean just because you, unlike me, prefer Clean over VSF.

It’s obvious that Clean has its strengths and no one seems to deny that. But saying that Clean is better than VSF in everything… I think I said before… it’s a big big statement.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the hobby and be happy!

iPhone Tapatalk

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Why you call others fanboys? Just because some doesn’t agree with your opinion?
The only fact I have seen so far is stated on post #732, where both bezels were measured and it seems the CF is bigger than the VSF (40.95mm vs 40.65mm). I don’t know if this is true or not, but I don’t have any reason to doubt that.

You call other people “VSF fanboys”… is it legit to call you just “anti VSF”?

It’s your opinion and I respect that. You prefer CF or anything else over VSF, that’s your choice and not my business. I won’t bash Clean just because you, unlike me, prefer Clean over VSF.

It’s obvious that Clean has its strengths and no one seems to deny that. But saying that Clean is better than VSF in everything… I think I said before… it’s a big big statement.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the hobby and be happy!

iPhone Tapatalk

So you clearly haven’t read my posts. I’m not saying Clean is better or superior, I’m saying that despite the many documented issues with VSF there are some that simply dismiss the issues that actually do exist, and they clearly do, yet they slate other factories for issues that sometimes aren’t as visible, hence the term VSF fanboy = put VSF on a pedestal and refuse to accept there are issues that can actually be more glaring tells than other reps from other factories.
just find it laughable :)

Flock

7/3/16
So you clearly haven’t read my posts. I’m not saying Clean is better or superior, I’m saying that despite the many documented issues with VSF there are some that simply dismiss the issues that actually do exist, and they clearly do, yet they slate other factories for issues that sometimes aren’t as visible, hence the term VSF fanboy = put VSF on a pedestal and refuse to accept there are issues that can actually be more glaring tells than other reps from other factories.
just find it laughable :)

Understood :)

Personally, overall (not only Rollies, but also other brands), I like VSF, because they are a very trustable factory (in my personal experience). They make very very good pieces, solid movements, etc… of course nothing is perfect.

We end up here discussing picky flaws most of the times, things that most of the people don’t even notice. But at the end of the day, we all want a reliable watch so we can use it whenever we want with no issues.

iPhone Tapatalk

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
I own zero VSF. Have however owned VSF 116610LN, 126610LN and 126619LB all bought from Li at JTime and I’ve sold them all as I didn’t like the bezel, didn’t like the catfish mouth that made both the 12 series unwearable. That’s the facts, and I’m sorry, just don’t get this VSF on a pedestal bollox

Here we go again with the catfish mouth lol

Reactions: RiffRalf