• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
no one knows, but we are all happy with the return, less than the increased price.
there is still no mention of a return of VSF. therefore we do not know if the vsf parts are assembled by who or what magical thing.

Reactions: mrln

Diplomatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/16
EU
no one knows, but we are all happy with the return, less than the increased price.
there is still no mention of a return of VSF. therefore we do not know if the vsf parts are assembled by who or what magical thing.

Macro shots of "pre-raid" and "post-raid" VS3235 movements was posted the other day that shows differences in engravings and in some parts such as rotor. One hypothesis is that they are true VS (Dandong) movements but newly produced and that another vendor (CF?) added the engraving, rotor and such.

Look at the rotor, finishing is very different, radial vs. tangential.

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
Same here, but in my case, by the time I’m done, the only part that’s VS is the main plate, everything would have been replaced by Gen.

Reactions: TheNickGuy

deingesicht

2/1/19
Has anyone seen any reviews of the "new" VSF 114060 or the 126610 LN/LV (more interested in the LV) vs gen? I have tried looking through the site and through google, but it remains very hard to search. It seems like the 114060 si closer to super rep status if they can only fix the rehaunt which appears to be a continual issue. I haven't seen any reviews of the 126610 - if someone has one then please send me the link as I've searched for a while without success

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
Has anyone seen any reviews of the "new" VSF 114060 or the 126610 LN/LV (more interested in the LV) vs gen? I have tried looking through the site and through google, but it remains very hard to search. It seems like the 114060 si closer to super rep status if they can only fix the rehaunt which appears to be a continual issue. I haven't seen any reviews of the 126610 - if someone has one then please send me the link as I've searched for a while without success

Plenty of reviews on here of the 126610. The 114060 is not a super-rep until they fix the dial (they use a 116610 dial).

TheNickGuy

Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
Just picked up a GMF 904L DJ41 Jubilee, curious to see how it will look (and if it will fit) on my VSF 126610LN.

I know it’s not popular, but I’ve always loved the Sub/Jubilee combo.

Reactions: John Abel

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Plenty of reviews on here of the 126610. The 114060 is not a super-rep until they fix the dial (they use a 116610 dial).

You mean only the triangle 12 marker from 116610?

As I can definitely say VSF 114060 has no date window on dial :)

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
You mean only the triangle 12 marker from 116610?

As I can definitely say VSF 114060 has no date window on dial :)

Yep. Two flaws, the floating m & the wrong spacing on 12 o’clock indices.

Super small, not noticeable on wrist no doubt, but I don’t think it could achieve “super-rep” status without fixing.

Still NWBIG imo

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
QCs are taking a long time for my 41mm Sub & Kermit. Anyone know the availability now post raid / pre CNY for those VSFs ?

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
jXYUK2.jpg

Received my piece from Li today. I would like to say a few things on the VSF sub that I have in hand.

Previously owned one of the first VSF 116610LN batches before and eventually sold it off.
Gave this one a go 126610LN(post-raid), quality feels much better than I can remember compared to the VSF 116610LN I had handled before. Bezel action is also amazingly flawless on this one! No bindings at any certain points and barely any back play at all. I may have just got lucky!

SELs recession don’t look like the usual 116610ln sel recession we are used to seeing. I think gen of this model is also the same? Honestly doesnt bother me yet.

Cons that I can find on this so far however its minimal to me.
-Flip-lock is not as stiff and feels pretty loose when opened.
-Lume feels weak. (I do not own any Gen subs btw so I am not sure!)
-Edge of Cyclops distortion is still there at certain angles

I was worried that the VSF 126610LN was not going to be as good as everyone expected after seeing many on them being put up for sale on m2m section. Luckily the one I received went beyond my expectations and am overall happy.

jXYwsI.jpg
jXYuXi.jpg
jXYsqX.jpg
jXYMDc.jpg

Last edited:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
About 4 weeks now. I have had several other orders that has been placed after with the same TD and QCs received.

it also happened to me to receive orders placed later ..
in my experience, I understand that times are quite variable. each order is processed with a random shipment. always from the same TD I received 4px mail, dhl, yanwen, Italian post, German post. all with different delivery times.

the most surprising was yanwen, exactly 6 days and he arrived.

worst 4px sometimes comes to me after 35 days

Reactions: johnlogan

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

all in all, yours is good.
I have some doubts about mine, because it is always around 280 °, which would seem positive, but it is measured at 52.0, so it could be high for a vsf ..

I ask the experts StreetFighter

Thanks

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
it also happened to me to receive orders placed later ..
in my experience, I understand that times are quite variable. each order is processed with a random shipment. always from the same TD I received 4px mail, dhl, yanwen, Italian post, German post. all with different delivery times.

the most surprising was yanwen, exactly 6 days and he arrived.

worst 4px sometimes comes to me after 35 days

I hate 4PX - terrible. Anyway I'm hoping for QCs after CNY