• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Submariner23

AddictedRolexManiac
Patron
Certified
16/12/20
@StreetFighter
Thanks for this Thread and your Comparsion Pic‘s
Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: StreetFighter

Submariner23

AddictedRolexManiac
Patron
Certified
16/12/20
@StreetFighter
Thanks for this Thread and your
Comparsion Pic‘s
Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Not much difference buddy.. VSF and gen.. I don't see the big let down with clasp catfish mouth.
jYreoQ.jpg

The actual issue, if any, with the bracelet is with the SEL midlinks could be more defined on the 116610 and deeper and more defined on the 126610. That's what lets them down but a polished genuine watch may appear like that anyway. A 0.25mm gap of a difference on the claps opening is not something I'd lose any sleep over.

Guessing that’s the angle of the picture, they have a totally different shape looking at them at an angle compared to a gen, or many other better clasps in other subs. The back end of the clasp also sits very high with a gap when worn.
we are all different, that’s what makes the world go round I guess, you have a fascination about crown guards, other things bother other people, just the way of the world

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
What catfish mouth? Look on the previous page - probably the best rep clasp we’ve ever seen.

When the clasp is closed on you wrist, the shape is wrong between the clasp and the strap. Also doesn’t sit flat at the back end of the clasp when worn either.

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I see this becoming the most sought after rep ever made. Makes a TC seem common.

I think I got one of the last ones shipped. They were shut down before mine arrived. I have a gen 124060, I have to agree, vsf 114060 is outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mcboom

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
122f9ba6e1a72ff3ca4fa321794ba3bb.jpg

When I first got into this hobby 9 years ago, it was mostly about Panerai but I tried most major brands. I remember thinking Rolex owners have no imagination. So many watches out there to pick from. What fools to go for that antique.

Maybe 3 years ago, out of boredom, I got the best Sub at the time to see what the fuss was all about. That was it, got hooked hard. Slowly started selling my sizable Panerai collection. Last week sold my last two grails. The balance and versatility of the Sub killed all joy I got from wearing other brands. It’s unmatched.

Now it is all Rolex. Nothing else excites me. VSF Subs are truly special. Its not an easy watch to replicate. They got it so close that …

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I posted a pic above compared to gen in the wearing position (on pillows) and it’s not very noticeable if your not wrapping the links coming out of the clasp around your fingers. It’s not a reliable way to tell a VSF on the wrist IMO.

The real flaws are the rehaut (position of first R, character positions, wok) and the flat non-3d hands and it's soft edged SEL midinks.
These you can see on the wrist, in hand and all 3 flaws are in your face at once.

Last edited:

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
I posted a pic above compared to gen in the wearing position (on pillows) and it’s not very noticeable if your not wrapping the links coming out of the clasp around your fingers. It’s not a reliable way to tell a VSF on the wrist IMO.

The real flaws are the rehaut (position of first R, character positions, wok) and the flat non-3d hands and it's soft edged SEL midinks.
These you can see on the wrist, in hand and all 3 flaws are in your face at once.

It makes it very easy to tell a VSF when it’s on the wrist, it really is very noticeable when your looking at someone’s wrist side on, but as I’ve said, people’s opinions differ, it also doesn’t sit correctly at the back of the clasp, as per your other picture on pillows, where it’s clearly risen and not flush.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
It makes it very easy to tell a VSF when it’s on the wrist, it really is very noticeable when your looking at someone’s wrist side on.

Out of interest, how many times have you noticed this while going about your usual day to day?

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
It makes it very easy to tell a VSF when it’s on the wrist, it really is very noticeable when your looking at someone’s wrist side on, but as I’ve said, people’s opinions differ, it also doesn’t sit correctly at the back of the clasp, as per your other picture on pillows, where it’s clearly risen and not flush.

Curious about how many VSF’s you’ve seen on the wrist’s of people around you in daily life? Ball park figure?

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Out of interest, how many times have you noticed this while going about your usual day to day?

Exactly the same could be said about crown guards and rehaut misalignment etc, yet people still discuss them. Just pointing out that it is there, if the fan boys can’t accept that, so be it. I noticed it on the VSF’s I had so much it made me change the clasp on one and sell the other. Each to their own.