• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Yeah, I understand what you're explaining. But it means when I hand my watch to any of those random people who are going to accuse me of wearing a fake Rolex and demand that I let them check it, they'll take one look at the clasp and say, "Pfft! Gen my ass. Look at that V in GENEVA. It's a VSF!"

I mean, I can try to talk my way out of it by claiming that the gen bracelet is at the AD being given a bath in asses milk infused with liquid platinum to maintain the factory sheen and smooth operation, and I bought a VSF just for its bracelet so I could carry on wearing my Sub, but will they believe me?

VSF should fix this ASAP.

I have heard great things and great urban legends about donkey milk, it seems to have really bloated nourishing properties. hahaha
jokes aside, yes it's true i am for ... my beautiful rolex is a rep! but I understand that regardless of this or that philosophy of thought, I always give enormous annoyance to the wearer

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
I compared my S29 VSF 116610 vs my friends genuine 116610 2015 and the clasp on my VSF sub ( 1Ld ARF bracelet !) had much better finished/looking ROLEX crown on the clasp.

The genuine clasps crown is not as much polished as the ARF clasp. AND at the endlinks the ARF is almost better fitting than the genuine.

Also on the genuine clasp the sides of the clasp is very sharp compared to the VSF/ARF clasp. But again is feels nicer with the more smooth feling on the rep clasps.

And why is everyone thinking that the VSF bracelet is so good when the ARF ( with 1LD printed!) is way better finished/fitted

The VSF:s I bought on two 116610 subs had been way worse than the ARF clasp 6SH printed. Not so tight at the endlinks to the case!

And an other thing that is easy to see that VSF is a replica is the sanding on the top of the case (top of the lugs!) where the genuine is better finished than the VSF case. Easy tell there!

But the VSF is still the best 116610Ln sub up to date:)

Reactions: LaraA

Shannzy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/21

Just received my QC pic's and I have noticed the text at the bottom is a little wonky....is this common on VSF submariner 126610LN?
should I reject this watch or im i just being too fussy?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Gen is wonky. It's deliberate they are like that. All Rolex is like that, if your rep is all straight and perfect, then it's not like gen etc. I'm not joking.

Reactions: Adidos and RNVP

I CU2

21/10/21
Hey Shannzy , mine looks like that too in the QC, didn't even notice - you must have a keen eye!

Does anyone know if the VSF 126610 subs benefit from their bracelet being ultrasonic cleaned/oil bath treatment?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
jrn57Y.jpg

Holy crap! Hope you didn't accept it.

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
My friend bought a while ago a VSF 126610LN with rahaut number being "2R70X396" is this. VSF or something else?
Thanks for the clarification, I see many rehaut numbers on this model.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
My friend bought a while ago a VSF 126610LN with rahaut number being "2R70X396" is this. VSF or something else?
Thanks for the clarification, I see many rehaut numbers on this model.

friend each watch has a different serial. only the prefix is the same and identifying for the factory

wanny

Known Member
Patron
Certified
2/7/10
I just got my qc for a vsf 126610ln. Serial starts with 2R9, the geneva on clasp has the VA gap. Looks vsf hallmarks i guess? Am i allowed to share pics here for the community to verify? Thanks

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I just got my qc for a vsf 126610ln. Serial starts with 2R9, the geneva on clasp has the VA gap. Looks vsf hallmarks i guess? Am i allowed to share pics here for the community to verify? Thanks

126610 ln I would say no, unless you have already done a GL to your td.

or if you have serious doubts about something that can make you understand if it is a real vsf (for example the movement)

Last edited:

Fluidtime

22/11/21
Germany
you are an Expert, Bro!

if you see everything straight ... stay with your gen, no need to argue about the rep
Mr. Nov 2021 and 6 post :wub:

​​​​​​

Of course I am. And I will stick to my Clean and VSF too.
And there is no relation to the number of posts, don't ya think?

wanny

Known Member
Patron
Certified
2/7/10
Its is “wonky” on gen, the O is visibly larger than the f, and the spacing are also inconsistent towards the end “FIED” plus u r using a lower resolution qc pic, theres some bleeding on the font. Relax