• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I will soon (soon being a relative term since shipping from China takes for fucking ever) have a VSF and a JVS 126610 LVs. These I believe are the two best versions. Can the JVS hold its own? We shall see.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharpsec

RainbowNato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/21
I'm not a big stickler for cgs, but those definitely look different between those two watches

yeah I agree, can definitely distinguish the two based on case alone. VSF cgs flattens off at a better angle near the end.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lovely watches above, respect.
I have to agree with the others though, the very tips of the crown guards on your genuine watch finish with a near square angle at the edges.The ZF crown guards don't and when I studied then some time ago I thought they were a little too short and did not cover as much of the crown as they should. This is neurotic minutia and I'm a crown guard savant so don't kick yourself if you don't see it or I may even be just plain wrong..

The ZF LV dial is regarded as the best Hulk dial and I have no doubt the build quality is very similar to VSF too, but the reason ZF did not enjoy similar success as VSF is because the crown guards were not right and many of them had SEL gaps. The VSF came along at the same time but with an unknown movement where the ZF had a rock solid VR iirc so it had everything going for it in that respect but it couldn't compete under scrutiny and in comparison to the VSF case - because that is what this race came down to, the case. It wasn't the bracelet or the dial or the movement, CF, ARF, ZF, ZZF they all as good as each other with those bits. It was the case won the race and the VSF outsold ZF but a large margin. That's what I think anyway.

Reactions: Mb713

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I think that I never noticed it before is because I never saw a good picture like that with them next to each other. It is a very small difference. In isolation I don't think anyone could pick it up.

Everyone lauds the vsf crystal. It is very good in my omega reps, and the main area in rolex is good.... but the cyclops sucks. Once someone pointed out the distortion at the edges I just can't unsee it.... instant tell. I think the zf and clean are far superior in this regard.

Something else odd..... I have an RXF 116610. The cyclops is fantastic- no edge distortion. I was under the impression that it was made from vsf parts without the clone movement.... I guess not.

Last edited:

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
I think that I never noticed it before is because I never saw a good picture like that with them next to each other. It is a very small difference. In isolation I don't think anyone could pick it up.

Everyone lauds the vsf crystal. It is very good in my omega reps, and the main area in rolex is good.... but the cyclops sucks. Once someone pointed out the distortion at the edges I just can't unsee it.... instant tell. I think the zf and clean are far superior in this regard.

Something else odd..... I have an RXF 116610. The cyclops is fantastic- no edge distortion. I was under the impression that it was made from vsf parts without the clone movement.... I guess not.

You mind explaining what this distortion is? I saw the pics and just want to clarify?

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
If you look at a gen, the date looks perfect from any angle. Zf and clean got this pretty spot on....also my rxf is good, which is odd because I thought it had the same vsf crystal...

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

A lot of genuine crystals has some slight distortion on an angle. A lot of them has wrong magnification as well. It’s just plain wrong to think everything made by Rolex is defect free. Hell my 16710 even have a off center cyclops compared to the date window.
A gen crystal is mainly identified by how soft it is at touch, how nicely finished the edges are.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That’s right.. and there was a load of gen Sub and GMT’s had weak date mag about 2yrs ago. My brother has a BLNR with weak mag. RSC would acknowledge the problem and replace the crystal of those who complained. They were more like 2x instead of 2.5x.

dragon07

7/6/20
VSF hulk 600 usd on trustytime site. Do you think it should be taken? Or should I pay 458 usd for ZF?

McPwn

21/9/20
A lot of genuine crystals has some slight distortion on an angle. A lot of them has wrong magnification as well. It’s just plain wrong to think everything made by Rolex is defect free. Hell my 16710 even have a off center cyclops compared to the date window.
A gen crystal is mainly identified by how soft it is at touch, how nicely finished the edges are.
True but in general, a gen crystal wont have cyclops distortion to that degree. Its blurred and very wavy. At most a gen crystal will have some slight stretching of the numbers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
True but in general, a gen crystal wont have cyclops distortion to that degree. Its blurred and very wavy. At most a gen crystal will have some slight stretching of the numbers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Oh yes, that was what I meant. They DO have some distortion (or as you call, stretching of the numbers, which better represents what I was saying) but I never saw a blurry cyclops. They’re always clear.

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

dragon07

7/6/20

Is this a vsf? The vsf s29 I bought earlier but the bracelet is 7GJ. Here, the bracelet number is different and I ask you to check the mechanism.

Reactions: Raffaelloczz

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Never seen or heard of 6SH before. Makes me suspect these VSF's are being cobbled together using cases destined to be VSF, with other parts not used by VSF. VSF never had 6SH. Not on the 11 or 12 Subs.

VSFranken.

Last edited:

allez

I read somewhere that the 6sh is legit (no fake vsf) but could be more from post raid ones, maybe old stock bracelets from the former times of v6f>vsf etc. 7GJ is the main code for pre raid VSF 40 mm LN and LVs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Raffaelloczz

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I read somewhere that the 6sh is legit (no fake vsf) but could be more from post raid ones, maybe old stock bracelets from the former times of v6f>vsf etc. 7GJ is the main code for pre raid VSF 40 mm LN and LVs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

All right mate, mine s29 it’s a legit vsf with 6sh clasp code