• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Hey all - I have a couple quick questions. I’ve been gone for a while…

I own two S19 VSF 116610LN.

One of them is in perfect condition. The other one has a couple issues (movement, lug holes scratched). Thinking of selling the one with issues - it just needs a new movement.

I know they’re scarce and that TDs have raised prices on the limited stock left.

1. Am I allowed to list the VSF with movement issues at the same price as a pristine one?

2. Reddit BST is letting sellers sell for the inflated TD price for VSFs (something like $800). Does RWI have the same rule?

Cheers

Good and bad news
good news they are going slightly above and way more of course last years prices.
Bad news available by multiple dealers now in the $500 range. Highest Was $800 but that should to down with more supply from other dealers as seen

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hey all - I have a couple quick questions. I’ve been gone for a while…

I own two S19 VSF 116610LN.

One of them is in perfect condition. The other one has a couple issues (movement, lug holes scratched). Thinking of selling the one with issues - it just needs a new movement.

I know they’re scarce and that TDs have raised prices on the limited stock left.

1. Am I allowed to list the VSF with movement issues at the same price as a pristine one?

2. Reddit BST is letting sellers sell for the inflated TD price for VSFs (something like $800). Does RWI have the same rule?

Cheers

The key rule here is no profiteering. I'm no sales mod so this is my humble opinion:

1/ I do not think that this is ethical. If the watch was readily available at all TDs you would not be able to sell a watch with issues at the price of a brand new one, so if you were to do it now, you would make more money because of the scarcity of the VSF, which to me is profiteering

2/ If you paid $800 for it I would not see a problem, but if you paid $500 then once again that's the definition of profiteering. Now as mentioned above, some TDs seem to have access to VSF reps for just 30 or 40 $ over the previous price, so there is no reason listing a watch on m2m at a higher price than what people get get new from a TD.

better to ask a sales mod for official guidance

Last edited:

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
The key rule here is no profiteering. I'm no sales mod so this is my humble opinion:

1/ I do not think that this is ethical. If the watch was readily available at all TDs you would not be able to sell a watch with issues at the price of a brand new one, so if you were to do it now, you would make more money because of the scarcity of the VSF, which to me is profiteering

2/ If you paid $800 for it I would not see a problem, but if you paid $500 then once again that's the definition of profiteering. Now as mentioned above, some TDs seem to have access to VSF reps for just 30 or 40 $ over the previous price, so there is no reason listing a watch on m2m at a higher price than what people get get new from a TD.

better to ask a sales mod for official guidance

I understand the “no profiteering” rule, but something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I’d rather keep the VSF on my mantlepiece rather than sell it for a discount, so all good!

For example, I’d pay sticker for a Noob daytona with a movement issue. Just inquiring here.

allez

Understand your sight... Only thing to say is RWI has its own sight and rules to that matter.
Simple and for the members here a guarantee that the main thing is not to trade or even speculate.. it’s sharing infos, the Community feeling, safety for scams and more.

So everyone who wants to sell his rare (vsf, noob, h-fact etc) pieces can do it almost everywhere with some increase caused from demand etc…except on RWI.

No offense just to state how it works here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

triples10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/18
I did for a Yachtmaster 42. And I pulled the trigger on two subs from Hont’s “crazy eights” VSF special last week. It’s been an expensive few days.

I feel you on that man, its been an expensive few weeks for me to. ordered a JVS then Hont released the VSF had to get both. now I have 3 subs lol

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
I did for a Yachtmaster 42. And I pulled the trigger on two subs from Hont’s “crazy eights” VSF special last week. It’s been an expensive few days.

Nicee. Is he opening the backs to show the movements to prove true VSF?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I feel you on that man, its been an expensive few weeks for me to. ordered a JVS then Hont released the VSF had to get both. now I have 3 subs lol

i actually did the same. My order from Hont was for two VSF subs and a JVS yachtmaster 42. I ended up RL’ing the JVS because the one Hont got for me wasn’t actually a JVS (wrong serial, large crown to 12 o’clock marker gap, undersized hour markers, and wrong bezel insert). I certainly don’t blame Hont for this since JVS / VVSF / 3EF is a branding nightmare. But since trusty suddenly popped up with the VSF YM42, I asked Hont to hold up on getting another JVS YM42 for me. He offered to send me a refund, but I told him to just keep my payment on file as a credit towards my next purchase (because let’s be honest, two VSF subs and a VSF yachtmaster isn’t gonna scratch the rep itch for long). I’ve already got my eye on the new CF GMTs, but unfortunately Hont isn’t selling Clean Factory anymore due to the fake clean Subs a few months back.

RainbowNato

30/11/21
Hey guys, I recently managed to snag up a VSF 114060. Absolute beauty and runs like a champ. But I read a while back the reverse wheel (the painted red ones in the automatic module) looks like it could flake and give rise to issues. Has anyone who owned a VS movement for a long experienced that?

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
Hey guys, I recently managed to snag up a VSF 114060. Absolute beauty and runs like a champ. But I read a while back the reverse wheel (the painted red ones in the automatic module) looks like it could flake and give rise to issues. Has anyone who owned a VS movement for a long experienced that?

Just get it serviced. VS is the best movement out there & have less issues with flaking than some of the others. I personally always drop a gen rotor assembly in mine off the bat. Congrats on the 114060! Been trying to snag one for a long time

RainbowNato

30/11/21
Just get it serviced. VS is the best movement out there & have less issues with flaking than some of the others. I personally always drop a gen rotor assembly in mine off the bat. Congrats on the 114060! Been trying to snag one for a long time

I see, yeah I'm tossing up between a gen automatics work or gen crystal to invest in first.

I got pretty lucky with it, I just happened to be on Intime site for no reason and it popped up as a NOS, never clicked so fast in my life haha

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I see, yeah I'm tossing up between a gen automatics work or gen crystal to invest in first.

I got pretty lucky with it, I just happened to be on Intime site for no reason and it popped up as a NOS, never clicked so fast in my life haha

VS reversing wheels are not painted so they won’t flake like the painted ones. I believe the coloring is anodized.

RainbowNato

30/11/21
VS reversing wheels are not painted so they won’t flake like the painted ones. I believe the coloring is anodized.

Oh okay, that makes me feel a lot better leaving it then. I guess in that case I'd rather mod it with a gen winding assembly and gen balance before touching to auto module.