• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

vsf 41mm submariner 126610 loose bezel

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
Hi All,

I am not having a lot of joy with my vsf 41mm submariner 126610 The bezel is loose in one area and is rising up over the crystal. So much so that there is approximately a 3mm gap inder the bezel.

Is there an easy fix for this ? I have a bezel removal tool does the spring or gaskets or nylon ring need replacing ?

Thanks in advance

L

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If it's up that far you shouldn't even need a bezel removal tool. Tape up the case a little near the gap and a case knife should pop it right off.

Take care not to lose any springs/balls/click. You can remove it inside a ziplock bag.

The bezel gasket (hytrel ring) can get installed upside down at the factory. You can try removing the bezel, remove the ring, change its vertical orientation and reinstall it and the bezel.

If that doesn't help, an Ebay aftermarket hytrel was reported to work in a VSF 126610. The aftermarket hytrel is made for the slightly smaller 116610 bezel so it had to be gently stretched slightly to fit the 126610 bezel. Seems like a pain I know but for about $10 I would try it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...90.m4084.l1313

If none of that works, I've used fishline successfully several times. It's OK for there to be a break in the circle.

ZFVuSi.jpg

Last edited:

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
Does anybody know where I can purchase the gaskets in the UK? I removed the gasket and appears to have been nipped and damaged at manufacture. I have the ebay link above but it is a US supplier and could take a while to arrive.

Kind Regards L

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
Hi I ordered the 5 pack of 116610 hytral rings from ebay. I believe they need to be orientated correctly how do I know which way to install them ?

Regards

Liam

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I used the eBay 116 hytrel rings on two vsf 126 bezels and both are very stiff. It seems that nothing works like the proper sized ring which apparently is impossible to get.

nofitstate

20/7/13
Hi I ordered the 5 pack of 116610 hytral rings from ebay. I believe they need to be orientated correctly how do I know which way to install them ?

Regards

Liam

I ordered the same Hytrel rings for the 116610 for my VSF 126610.

I found them to be symmetrical so it didn't seem to matter which way they were installed.

The fitted my VSF perfectly. I found the best way to reinstall the bezel way was piece by piece and not try and fit the assembled bezel in one go.

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
I ordered the same Hytrel rings for the 116610 for my VSF 126610.

I found them to be symmetrical so it didn't seem to matter which way they were installed.

The fitted my VSF perfectly. I found the best way to reinstall the bezel way was piece by piece and not try and fit the assembled bezel in one go.

Thanks,

Is it easy tpo break the bezel down into 3 pieces ? My concern is that I will crack the ceramic insert. I am assuming that the gasket is a T shape ?

Regards

Liam

nofitstate

20/7/13
Thanks,

Is it easy tpo break the bezel down into 3 pieces ? My concern is that I will crack the ceramic insert. I am assuming that the gasket is a T shape ?

Regards

Liam

It wasn't to hard to pop the ceramic insert out. Just take your time, use your thumb and do it over a nice soft surface. I just used a towel.

Yes the replacement gasket is a T shape. There is a photo of of it on this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...as/8465378-hytrel-bezel-retaining-rings/page7

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
The ebay 116610 rings arrived and work well. I cleaned all the crap out from under the bezel and reassembled. The bezel sits nice and low and doesn't to appear to have much backlash. If anything it goes slightly tight at 1pm but as I didn't have any white lithium grease it is effectively assembled dry at the moment. A small smear of grease and I reckon it will be perfect.

As a side note I suspect that the original gasket was machined from standard nylon (which probably deformed in my hot spa) rather then what appears to be the more durable hytrel ebay gaskets.

Nice cheap upgrade.

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
I have the 126610 rings available, $15 shipped each in the US.

I ordered rings from you. After you received the money, you were silent for 7 days, then you said that you sent it. Then you were silent for a month. And when I returned the money, you said you didn't send it. Why are you doing all this, buddy?

Reactions: Mr.pitt

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I ordered rings from you. After you received the money, you were silent for 7 days, then you said that you sent it. Then you were silent for a month. And when I returned the money, you said you didn't send it. Why are you doing all this, buddy?

I sent him a PM wanting to order some but he never responded.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
If it's up that far you shouldn't even need a bezel removal tool. Tape up the case a little near the gap and a case knife should pop it right off.

Take care not to lose any springs/balls/click. You can remove it inside a ziplock bag.

The bezel gasket (hytrel ring) can get installed upside down at the factory. You can try removing the bezel, remove the ring, change its vertical orientation and reinstall it and the bezel.

If that doesn't help, an Ebay aftermarket hytrel was reported to work in a VSF 126610. The aftermarket hytrel is made for the slightly smaller 116610 bezel so it had to be gently stretched slightly to fit the 126610 bezel. Seems like a pain I know but for about $10 I would try it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...90.m4084.l1313

If none of that works, I've used fishline successfully several times. It's OK for there to be a break in the circle.

ZFVuSi.jpg

Hey kj
what size/lb fishing string did you use?
Trying to match the diameter

Watch9194

Horology Curious
19/10/14

First of all you under paid me. Once I told you the shipping was 2 times the cost, you wanted me to send you 2 bezels gaskets to Russia and the cost was $100+ for shipping I was going to be out $50 to ship you 2 bezel gaskets.

I decided not to go through with the sale and you got your money back then you kept harassing me. After you got your money back, you kept hounding me if I was going to send the bezels and cussed me out. I have all your messages.

I’ve sold to others (in the US) with no issues.

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
First of all you under paid me. Once I told you the shipping was 2 times the cost, you wanted me to send you 2 bezels gaskets to Russia and the cost was $100+ for shipping I was going to be out $50 to ship you 2 bezel gaskets.

I decided not to go through with the sale and you got your money back then you kept harassing me. After you got your money back, you kept hounding me if I was going to send the bezels and cussed me out. I have all your messages.

I’ve sold to others (in the US) with no issues.

There were no problems on my part, I paid and provided all the information for sending. Of course I have issued a refund. Because you were silent for a month. There was no track code or anything from you. Answer the question? Why did you lie about what you sent, when you didn't send anything. And you yourself added extra rings to my order. I paid for as many rings as I needed. Only one PayPal solution lasted a month! You couldn't write an answer even for PayPal.