• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3EF vs BPF 226659 Yacht-Master mini review

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
Hi again! I finally tried to buy the 3EF version and talk with "InTimeWatch" they said me this: "I am sorry but we cannot source new watches now because the factories are not working due to the ongoing raids on the rep watch market."

So finally I asked "PureTime" about the lastest GMF version and they answered me this: "this is the latest from gmf https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-mast...ceramic-bezel-on-oysterflex-strap-vr3235.html JDF= GMF.

Surely you already know, just in case ..

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Upping this nice review of Roughwatch only to say that when I popped by a modder last week and he opened the caseback of my 3EF (or JVS or VVSF or whatever) I was surprised to see a ETA movement inside and not a clone 3235 :( Forgot to take pics though.. I'll do that next time I go

Now I have a VR3235 with wide date wheel sitting in my drawer lol

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Upping this nice review of Roughwatch only to say that when I popped by a modder last week and he opened the caseback of my 3EF (or JVS or VVSF or whatever) I was surprised to see a ETA movement inside and not a clone 3235 :( Forgot to take pics though.. I'll do that next time I go

If this is the case I would request a cash back from my TD.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check mine. If that's the case, I'll be asking for a return for full refund.

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
If this is the case I would request a cash back from my TD.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check mine. If that's the case, I'll be asking for a return for full refund.
Unfortunately I didn't get it from a TD. I got it from my local dealer who gets watches in bulk. He's like buying from grocery stores in kilos :p "I'll get a kilo of subs and a kilo of OPs please"
I guess he receives the ones that are RLed on QC stage and hang around TDs shelves.

Reactions: johnlogan

Hop3

1/11/21
Hello mates! After 23 days since I paid the order, I recieved the QC pictures. They seem to be having trouble with police raids on factories. Even a couple of TDs told me they couldn't take my order.

This is the last version JDF=GMF. Here are the pics just if you would check them, I haven't seen anything remarkable:

If someone could help me to understand the numbers of this machine?..

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hop3

In case you havent seen the threads, just a few things to bear in mind re QC:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

And the below was written by the Bossman himself:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/136582-a-little-on-qc-pics

Basically you can't ask for general advice, it has to be specific if you see a flaw yourself.

And below is a good thread I recall seeing on deciphering timegrapher results:

https://rwg.cc/topic/143934-how-to-read-timegrapher-results/

Best of luck & congrats on your first order.

Hop3

1/11/21
Yes, I understand about this, i know the people are tired of the new members who only asks for QC pictures. I already advise about that previous in this thread. But, is not that, I spent almost all day trying to find something remarkable, but of course i have "noob eyes"...

I've uploaded the pics for people to compare for the another models. And the other hand, in case you see something that I didn't find. It was not a "take the photos, do the work for me"..

Thank you for the advise anyway, and for the thread about timegrapher, is the first time that i see one.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes, I understand about this, i know the people are tired of the new members who only asks for QC pictures. I already advise about that previous in this thread. But, is not that, I spent almost all day trying to find something remarkable, but of course i have "noob eyes"...

I've uploaded the pics for people to compare for the another models. And the other hand, in case you see something that I didn't find. It was not a "take the photos, do the work for me"..

Thank you for the advise anyway, and for the thread about timegrapher, is the first time that i see one.

Asking for people to QC your watch is not forbidden just because some people are lazy. It's forbidden because by doing so, anyone can make comments about flaws, even if these are bullshit flaws and they don't know anything about it, and that leads to perfectly good watches being rejected for no good reason. The fact that you are new and spent time QC'ing your own watch doesn't change that. If you like it and don't see anything wrong then just accept it. I know it's tempting to ask if you missed anything, but it's just not allowed. Trust yourself, if you've checked the pics carefully, you will enjoy it. If you have a particular concern on a specific feature, then please state your concern and you can post the couple of pics that highlight that concern.

Reactions: P..DR..D

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
On the back of the 11:00 lug..... says 750. Doesn't that stand for gold? I know au750 is, not sure about this?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
After seeing VSF availability on this one, I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger. GLed already, waiting for it to be shipped (hopefully quick enough to enjoy during the holidays)
My 3EF will most probably go on m2m once I receive this one

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
After seeing VSF availability on this one, I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger. GLed already, waiting for it to be shipped (hopefully quick enough to enjoy during the holidays)
My 3EF will most probably go on m2m once I receive this one

Damn, you're so damn lucky. I asked so many TDs about this when some VSF stock became available but had no luck. I'll message Jtime now.

Enjoy your watch. I'm still looking for one.

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
Hi guys, a lot of good information above.
Im going to pull the trigger on a 226659 also.
I take it there is VSF stock as Andrew from trusty has it listed and he confirmed he can get it.
There slightly more pricier then the GMF though by over a $100, is the price increase justified or are the two pretty on par?
Cheers

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi guys, a lot of good information above.
Im going to pull the trigger on a 226659 also.
I take it there is VSF stock as Andrew from trusty has it listed and he confirmed he can get it.
There slightly more pricier then the GMF though by over a $100, is the price increase justified or are the two pretty on par?
Cheers

I've got a VSF on the way. It's night and day different compared to the GMF. It's annoying that VSF have raised their prices so high since coming back as it was originally cheaper than the GMF.

The 3EF/JVS is more expensive now than when I ordered it so maybe the market on this watch has spiked recently. I would say the order from top down is VSF, JVS, GMF/BP. The JVS is close to the VSF but the rehaut and dial print is not as good. VSF is as close as you'll get with this one.

Just my opinion though.

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
I've got a VSF on the way. It's night and day different compared to the GMF. It's annoying that VSF have raised their prices so high since coming back as it was originally cheaper than the GMF.

The 3EF/JVS is more expensive now than when I ordered it so maybe the market on this watch has spiked recently. I would say the order from top down is VSF, JVS, GMF/BP. The JVS is close to the VSF but the rehaut and dial print is not as good. VSF is as close as you'll get with this one.

Just my opinion though.

Thanks for that mate, appreciated.
Defo does seem VSF is the way to go so I guess that’s why they upped their prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
I have been following this thread and I'm now awaiting QC's for a BPF with the A3235 movement (1 week in). I was going to go GMF but spoke to the dealer and he confirmed what many have said - GMF is the same as BPF (sister factory) but with 904l and as I don't see the need to pay an additional $150 for that the decision was easy. I spent loads of time checking the pics, videos and qc pics on trustys website and yep - they are all but identical.

Also I have had loads of my snazzy VSF movements give up recently (far too many) so im trying to keep with the safe ones. I'd rather they work than have a hidden movement that wont fool anyone anyway.

VSF would have been an option (even with the movement) but the prices are now ridiculous - my 41mm Sub is now $250 more than I paid a year ago - madness... I can live with the slightly small 12 arrow and font on the rehaut.

I'll get some comparative BP images up when I can.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I have been following this thread and I'm now awaiting QC's for a BPF with the A3235 movement (1 week in). I was going to go GMF but spoke to the dealer and he confirmed what many have said - GMF is the same as BPF (sister factory) but with 904l and as I don't see the need to pay an additional $150 for that the decision was easy. I spent loads of time checking the pics, videos and qc pics on trustys website and yep - they are all but identical.

Also I have had loads of my snazzy VSF movements give up recently (far too many) so im trying to keep with the safe ones. I'd rather they work than have a hidden movement that wont fool anyone anyway.

VSF would have been an option (even with the movement) but the prices are now ridiculous - my 41mm Sub is now $250 more than I paid a year ago - madness... I can live with the slightly small 12 arrow and font on the rehaut.

I'll get some comparative BP images up when I can.

Sounds good. Yep, I totally agree, not only has the VSF come back over $100 more expensive than it was originally, but the 3EF/JVS is now $80 extra.

The BP is still a great watch, I really liked mine before moving it on.

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Well as if by magic my QC's landed moments after the post. I have GL'd the watch - love it!

BPF on Left ($308) - Gen on Right Lol :p. or top and bottom.

Top arrow is smaller but on reflection im not too convinced the VSF rehaut is better - look at the gen! Clearly the gen bezel numbers are super sharp compared to rep.

I absolutely love this watch. Excited.