• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3EF vs BPF 226659 Yacht-Master mini review

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
I literally mentioned two major differences in the brackets of the message you quoted. To be honest with you, after this small review from OP which I found really helpful and after seeing this sales thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...79307-eu-c-r-new-rolex-yachtmaster-226659-gmf I even started having doubts whether I really own a GMF or it is a different model (because as you can see on my pics, the piece looks closer to 3EF than BP). I'm sure I had seen a GMF on Jtime's website and compared it to mine and looked the same (even the first 3 digits of the serial number were same). But after seeing KJ2020 's post with the "newer" GMF on TD websites, I don't know what to believe anymore :p

I'm quite sure TDs know what they get from the factories. You can start a conversation with one and he might know (or be able to find out and assist) the differences between BP and GMF.

I hope i've fallen into a bad one and future purchases are not like this... I prefer to play russian roulette

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I hope i've fallen into a bad one and future purchases are not like this... I prefer to play russian roulette

If you ordered a GMF I believe you will like it fine. If not you can always just flip it and try something different.

Hop3

1/11/21
B
I have not bought it yet, I was waiting to find which is the best...

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I was waiting to find which is the best...
As many would say, the best is the one from R factory (classic joke but sometime not valid as there's a new factory called RF lol).
There is no "best" rep. What can be "best" for me, might be "ok" for you and the opposite.
The point of such reviews and opinion sharing is for people to do their research and see what they can be ok with. Every single rep has its flaws. Even two pieces from the exact same factory can have differences. It's all about what you can live with.
The rep game is all about accepting to live with flaws, not to look for something flawless. You do your research, find out what is acceptable to you and pull the trigger.
Then there's another black hole people fall into which is called modding and frankening.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I literally mentioned two major differences in the brackets of the message you quoted. To be honest with you, after this small review from OP which I found really helpful and after seeing this sales thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...79307-eu-c-r-new-rolex-yachtmaster-226659-gmf I even started having doubts whether I really own a GMF or it is a different model (because as you can see on my pics, the piece looks closer to 3EF than BP). I'm sure I had seen a GMF on Jtime's website and compared it to mine and looked the same (even the first 3 digits of the serial number were same). But after seeing KJ2020 's post with the "newer" GMF on TD websites, I don't know what to believe anymore :p

I'm quite sure TDs know what they get from the factories. You can start a conversation with one and he might know (or be able to find out and assist) the differences between BP and GMF.

I think you might have a VSF. This link has possibly the earliest photo of a member with the GMF. Check the triangle at the top.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...as/8735490-yacht-master-42mm-226659-gmf/page2

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Also, VG87 check trusty's video on the GMF, it sets clockwise, just like the BP.

Looks like you've got something better than the GMF, possibly a VSF as prior to the 3EF it was clearly VSF followed by GMF for the better of these reps.

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I think you might have a VSF. This link has possibly the earliest photo of a member with the GMF. Check the triangle at the top.
Also, VG87 check trusty's video on the GMF, it sets clockwise, just like the BP.

Looks like you've got something better than the GMF, possibly a VSF as prior to the 3EF it was clearly VSF followed by GMF for the better of these reps.

If I had a VSF without knowing, I'd just fly in the sky lol. I was/ have been after a VSF for a looong time without luck. So as soon as I saw the one I got, I jumped on it because it looked very good. Not as good as VSF, but still good. Mine has a crooked (very slightly to the left) 6 o'clock marker and date font is quite thin. So there's no way it's a VSF

After looking closer to yours and mine, I can eventually say mine is 3EF and my local dealer had no clue. Check the serial numbers on your left one and my pics. Both start with "14Q4". I think we can just conclude that mystery is solved :p

Reactions: KJ2020

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
If I had a VSF without knowing, I'd just fly in the sky lol. I was/ have been after a VSF for a looong time without luck. So as soon as I saw the one I got, I jumped on it because it looked very good. Not as good as VSF, but still good. Mine has a crooked (very slightly to the left) 6 o'clock marker and date font is quite thin. So there's no way it's a VSF

After looking closer to yours and mine, I can eventually say mine is 3EF and my local dealer had no clue. Check the serial numbers on your left one and my pics. Both start with "14Q4". I think we can just conclude that mystery is solved :p

When did you buy yours? The 3EF model hasn't been out for long. Nonetheless, it's very close to the VSF and from going to the AD yet again last night and viewing the gen, it's very, very close.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I bought the VSF model and ended up putting an aftermarket strap on it. Amazing how small your wrist would have to be to wear the original strap.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I bought the VSF model and ended up putting an aftermarket strap on it. Amazing how small your wrist would have to be to wear the original strap.

Yeah, that's why I was on the fence with this model (although I wish I bought it). At least the other factories let you choose your size.

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
Thank you for this comparison. I would note that the BP actually has the proper rehaut font like the gen which is small.

I have been looking at the bp with the 2824 which looks like a good deal.

How soft is the BP bezel? I bought a 126610 bp and the bezel was trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Thank you for this comparison. I would note that the BP actually has the proper rehaut font like the gen which is small.

I have been looking at the bp with the 2824 which looks like a good deal.

How soft is the BP bezel? I bought a 126610 bp and the bezel was trash.

After visiting my AD two nights ago to handle the gen, I disagree with you (kind of). The problem with the BP is that the rehaut font is much shorter than the gen. It's a bit of a BP/GMF problem from my experience. It's the exact same style as used on their 116622 reps. While the spacing might be better, the font is much smaller than the gen. Doesn't matter too much though as both are good reps. I would argue that the bezel, dial, and movement make the 3EF a better option.

The bezel was worse on the BP. Feels like you're skipping over clicks, compared to the tight smoothness of the gen. The 3EF has zero backplay, but was still an average turning experience.

Hope that helps. The 2824 would be a much safer movement and would turn in the correct direction when setting the time, unlike the BP clone movement. Please let us know how it goes if you buy it.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Reto

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
After visiting my AD two nights ago to handle the gen, I disagree with you (kind of). The problem with the BP is that the rehaut font is much shorter than the gen. It's a bit of a BP/GMF problem from my experience. It's the exact same style as used on their 116622 reps. While the spacing might be better, the font is much smaller than the gen. Doesn't matter too much though as both are good reps. I would argue that the bezel, dial, and movement make the 3EF a better option.

The bezel was worse on the BP. Feels like you're skipping over clicks, compared to the tight smoothness of the gen. The 3EF has zero backplay, but was still an average turning experience.

Hope that helps. The 2824 would be a much safer movement and would turn in the correct direction when setting the time, unlike the BP clone movement. Please let us know how it goes if you buy it.

Ah decisions decisions!!!!! I may take the risk and go with the BP since it can be had for $100 cheaper. The bezel is bi directional and black, I can live with it if it gets moved around. At least that what I am telling my self now. When I order do I have to give my wrist size?

Hop3

1/11/21
Me: I would like to know if it is the last version, and if you know the difference between BP Model and GMF... I've read a lot of confusion about it

Li: There are some small differences in details between the BPF and GMF versions. Also, the stainless steel materials they used are different as well. The BPF version is in 316L, the GMF version is in 904L.

Me: I know about stainless steel but I would like more specific details about the differences between BPF and GMF versions.

Li: It's a long story to tell. It's hard to tell the differences from the pictures since the differences are not too obvious. If you are looking for the best version, GMF is the one to go.

I have given up nor do I want to bother him...

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
When I order do I have to give my wrist size?

Your TD should tell you what sizes are available and what he can order. Here's a pic to help you decide better:

As a reference, my 226659 came with 1xEE and 1xEF bands and it's a little bit loose (ideally I'm either 2xEE or 1xD + 1xF, even on daytonas). As a comparison, I'm wearing 10 main links on my Hulk (diver's extension completely closed) and 9 main links on GMT and Daytona Oyster bracelets

Reactions: KJ2020 and P..DR..D

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Me: I would like to know if it is the last version, and if you know the difference between BP Model and GMF... I've read a lot of confusion about it

Li: There are some small differences in details between the BPF and GMF versions. Also, the stainless steel materials they used are different as well. The BPF version is in 316L, the GMF version is in 904L.

Me: I know about stainless steel but I would like more specific details about the differences between BPF and GMF versions.

Li: It's a long story to tell. It's hard to tell the differences from the pictures since the differences are not too obvious. If you are looking for the best version, GMF is the one to go.

I have given up nor do I want to bother him...

TDs sell a huge array of watches, you can't expect them to be up to spec with every single watch, especially with a less desired rep. You'll really have to check each model on various TD websites and make your own decision. Do a search on here and you'll find pictures of the GMF version and can compare with the BP ones in this review. Trusty says they're the same except the metal difference. Sounds like Jtime says the same.

Not sure why you'd go with the GMF over the 3EF but that's up to you.

Cheers

Hop3

1/11/21
TDs sell a huge array of watches, you can't expect them to be up to spec with every single watch, especially with a less desired rep. You'll really have to check each model on various TD websites and make your own decision. Do a search on here and you'll find pictures of the GMF version and can compare with the BP ones in this review. Trusty says they're the same except the metal difference. Sounds like Jtime says the same.

Not sure why you'd go with the GMF over the 3EF but that's up to you.

Cheers

I'm between 3EF and GMF, if BP and GMF is the same, it seems so, your review says that 3EF is better (except the strap and clasp) so i'm thinking to buy this model, but the main difference for me is the rehaut font, for you the 3EF is more accurate than the BP/GMF but for me is not, just for the pictures... I have not felt them in hand like you

Original: https://gyazo.com/68116e1249095dd78ab990658efb2576

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I'm between 3EF and GMF, if BP and GMF is the same, it seems so, your review says that 3EF is better (except the strap and clasp) so i'm thinking to buy this model, but the main difference for me is the rehaut font, for you the 3EF is more accurate than the BP/GMF but for me is not, just for the pictures... I have not felt them in hand like you

Original: https://gyazo.com/68116e1249095dd78ab990658efb2576

As I mentioned to Reto the spacing is more like the gen, but it's very short. Neither reps have an ideal rehaut. It's all up to what you can put up with. There's videos of the 3EF on reddit and Trusty has a video of the GMF on his website.

Just go with whatever you feel is more accurate, but take the time to read everything available here and on other forums.

Hop3

1/11/21

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Ah decisions decisions!!!!! I may take the risk and go with the BP since it can be had for $100 cheaper. The bezel is bi directional and black, I can live with it if it gets moved around. At least that what I am telling my self now. When I order do I have to give my wrist size?

I think it depends on the TD. I measured my wrist before buying and told both Trusty and Intime what my wrist size was. Both watches arrived and fitted well. You also have decent room for adjustments due to the glidelock clasp.