• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RF Submariner "Starbucks" Ref. Nr. 126610LV Review / Comparision

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
thank you on behalf of all the friends here who were waiting for a real review. beautiful comparison with a VSF and wonderful images, all very useful. .
I really like that it's also quite a personal judgment, based on what you care about or not. votes very right in my opinion, since, like you, I too do not have a microscope in my eyes.

for me, in principle, an excellent sub alternative to vsf no longer available. perhaps a bit of a shame about the screw-down crown between the GCs and the movement (and date change).

Thanks for the impeccable work my friend

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I am about to order it now too because of that very nice Review.
Thank you so much!
Looking forward to your comparison with the CF to have the full picture.
Now, i just had a thought:
If the crystal is one of the main concerns with the RF, maybe just order a crystal from a different maker alongside with the watch and swap them?
But if so, from what maker?
VSF had the best one so far but i doubt its possible to get the crystal.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Nice review thanks.

I’m out…

jOqaKi.jpg

apart from the goofy crown, the profile looks ok against the gen in this pic I stole from the other thread…

jqfKos.jpg

Last edited:

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Nice review, thanks for taking the time to take pictures of the two watches, it was really very helpful.
Also looking forward to the comparison with the CF.
From my point of view, this RF, is not bad at all.
They might release an update to improve it....hopefully!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
But since its just first batch, i bet the want to sell all watches with this glass and crown first.
When it comes to the movement, these days i dont think its another option these days on the market.
But if Crown and Crystal is improved, it could be a 9 out of 10.:thumbsup:

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Welcome to RF's 126610LV Starbucks review.

Right at the beginning I would like to state that I wrote this whole text in German and then translated it with google translate, so forgive me any grammar mistakes and keep in mind: I did not have a stroke - it was google;)

This is going to be a review from someone who is absolutely an anti-nitpicker - so some of you will not be able to accept the flaws I am ignoring. Happens :)

Thanks for the review and Google did a good job :thumbsup: Nice macros too!