• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RF Submariner "Starbucks" Ref. Nr. 126610LV Review / Comparision

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Welcome to RF's 126610LV Starbucks review.

Right at the beginning I would like to state that I wrote this whole text in German and then translated it with google translate, so forgive me any grammar mistakes and keep in mind: I did not have a stroke - it was google;)

This is going to be a review from someone who is absolutely an anti-nitpicker - so some of you will not be able to accept the flaws I am ignoring. Happens :)
Lets go: =)
I was lucky in the summer and was able to get hold of a VSF Starbucks. Unfortunately it was confiscated at customs and so I was still looking for a Starbucks. Then I became aware of the RF, the marketing and advertising looked very good!

So I ordered one from Andrew.
I compare it to VSF's 126610LN.
The VSF is always on the left, where two clocks can be seen.

EDIT: Site 3 and Post Nr. 42 i postet about 10 more Photos for the X Tal Comparison

The watch has a Set, which you can see here:
jOWwlX.jpg

jOW4Fi.jpg

jOWs2b.jpg

At the beginning I noticed that the card was wrapped in a foil and then pushed into the watch (in between) - unfortunately the plastic tore. After unpacking, I saw that there were already scratches on the card. Since I didn't care about all the junk items, it's not that important to me - but I wanted to have it mentioned. The sticker on the sack was promising: D
The serial fits everywhere (card, day, clock).
jOWu6p.jpg

jOWvv5.jpg

Bezel
I like the bezel very much. Absolutely (!) No backplay, neither CW nor on the side or on top. I can't say anything about the color (weak red-green, hardly see any color nuances). Cleanly processed, very handy, evenly inserted inlay and the click is crisp. Reminds me of my first noob sub (V11) I had, but with an EVEN better click. 10/10

jOWNOt.jpg

Crown
Confused me a lot - the embossed crown is completely different from the VSF. But, the feeling (sharp toothes on VSF) is netter, more GEN like in my opinion. No matter: I dont like the engraving;). 7/10
jOWRk2.jpg

Rehaut
With the Rehaut, it has to be said that the crown is not completely centered at 12 o'clock. But since that doesn't bother me (about 0.25mm) and Rolex themselves have such flaws, I do not consider this a deduction.
In my opinion, the Rehaut is very successful and precisely engraved. 10/10
Addendum after microscope photos: It is centered, on the camera photos I was probably just too imprecise in the angle.
jOWGan.jpg

jOWSp3.jpg

jOWxAY.jpg

Movement
The built-in work here is the "R3235". I'm not a professional, but I've learned from the best here in the forum;) It is a hybrid movement from 3135 and 3235. The spring and power reserve correspond to the 3135 (+. 48h) and the rotor / automatic from the 3235 (a little louder because the rotor is mounted on ball bearings, but more durable). RF advertises a 72-hour power reserve in its promo. But this is also done by Clean Factory, which is installing the plant. I haven't done a power reserve test yet, but research has shown that lazy magic is at work here. In addition, the date switches to 23:53. VSF in comparison: 0:00.
About the data: 3s / day plus, 306 AMP, 0.3ms beat error. Measured on the mobile phone app in a quiet room, so maybe not exactly. Because of the power reserve there is a deduction, sorry people. 6/10
jOWJ8D.jpg

CG / Lugs
The Crown Guards are shaped differently. Some might call it worse. Since I don't care when it comes to millimeters or a few degrees of inclination, it fits in this subjective review for me. 10/10
jOWVvk.jpg

jOWgzo.jpg

Bracelet / Clasp / Glidelock
About the bracelet I can say that (like the VSF) it makes minimal (really minimal) noises at the beginning when you move it. Baby oil bath and that will be fixed. The engravings on the bracelet are more precise than on the VSF. I have to say, however, that I have a Post Raid VSF as a comparison (whether better or worse, what do I know ..;)) 9/10
jOaDOJ.jpg

jOaZkP.jpg

Crystal:
Later the photo of the VSF, therefore on my arm;).
To see very clearly that something is wrong with the structure, or that a GMT glass has been used. No idea. In any case, the glass is about 0.25-0.5mm higher. Subjective review, only bothered me to a limited extent. But it's a shame, because inserting the glass shouldn't be the hardest part of a watch like this
jOajVW.jpg

jOa3aS.jpg

SEL
I let one picture speak on behalf of the others. 10/10
jOaHpQ.jpg

Dial
Greetings to the magnifying glass wearers and nitpickers among you who cry because of the spaces between letters. I give it 10/10
jOaKGL.jpg

jOa2AR.jpg

End result:
Mathematically: 80 out of 90 points

But since watches are always a matter of feeling for me, I tell you: Definitive buy recommendation!

Bonus:
At the end I have a few (cheap ...) microscope photos of the clock for you - have fun with it.
I hope I was able to support your purchase decision a little and make a contribution to this forum.
jOaUY1.jpg

jOaL7K.jpg

jOa5zv.jpg

jOaA88.jpg

jOaWwj.jpg

jOaaV4.jpg

jOamiI.jpg

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
You have put quite a bit of work into this. Impressive! I really enjoyed reading this comparison and it is indeed very helpful for me to understand the differences and make up my own mind.

Admiring your close-up pictures - amazing. And last but not least: Kudos for handling the language barrier so well, thanks to technology and google translate. It works quite well, at least for me as a fellow non-native speaker :)

If I may ask, what timegrapher-app on your phone do you use?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Awesome review mate! After seeing it my hand is itchy and my wallet stares at me from far saying "hold on to yourself" hahaha

Looking forward to your CF review also and it will definitely help me decide where to spend my money to!

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth
Great review! Thank you for that!
You mentioned that the watch came as a set; in first pictures is also a rubber strap with endlinks. Where also part of the set or have you bought it separatelly?