• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF Factory 126619LB Cookie Monster

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I don't know if QF is new, but I searched the forum and all I found searching for QF were typos for "QC"... but I saw this over on trustytime website... it appears to be a new 126619LB that's using the new Shanghai 3235 hybrid movement. Link to product page on Andrew's site. It looks like a pretty good rep (from the promo pics)... bracelet has a nice finish similar to the gen. Has anybody bought this rep? I don't know when it showed up and I'd love to see a review. But if it's new, maybe I need to order it and post a review.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I hear you ProGamer… but I’m guessing the factories are going with the “do what you can, where you are, with what you have” principle. Where “what you have” is pretty limited because there are only a few movements from Dandong and Shanghai at the moment. Nonetheless, I’d add to your list: a thin automatic tourbillon movement.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Well its not the case that raids motivate people to organize a new factory and build models that market has already - specielly when there is no daytona on the market like noob.

But what do you do when you are running from rhe police? Change your name, and keep your models that you produce already (so the 126....116... and so on).
maybe one of those new ones are VSF or other factorys..

Reactions: pompompurin

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Well all police focus will be on their name/brand/channels. When they change name and deliver good watches (except movements, i heared contract ended with dandong factory) they will rise again with another name.

Reactions: KJ2020

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I asked a TD about QF and here’s what they said: “QF is a new small factory. The price is very high for the quality I see. I prefer the GMF V2.” I find that interesting, although it’s impossible to know anything really until someone has a QF in hand and compares it side by side with a gen/CF/VSF/JSF/RF/GMF (damn there are a lot of factories making sun reps).

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Unfortunately, Trusty is being blocked here in Eastern CONUS by Verizon and other carriers.

Is that made by 'Q Anon'? I'm suspicious!

Reactions: leo6929

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Yeah I've had trouble accessing his new site trustytimewatch.io from western Canada. I just use a VPN to put myself in Toronto and it worked. I messaged Andrew about it an he thought it was a DNS issue following the site change, but DNS shouldn't take more than a few hours to propagate, and this has been days.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Wow his new site worked last night now its not. Lol Verizon ill try it at home

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Im home hooked up to Cox and it works now. So Verizon is not allowing the site.

SlackCity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/19
Wanted to bump this thread as I'm interested to hear if anyone has seen a QF sub.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
With all the new factories producing subs, we really need a shoot-out style side by side review of all of them. This kind of thing would be very expensive for a single person to do on their own… but perhaps there’s a few people in a big city (London, NYC, LA, Chicago, Sydney, Toronto, Rome?) who could get together with their watches (and a camera with a macro lens) and do good old fashioned submariner pageant.

I’d volunteer to host/organize (assuming there are enough rep fans in Vancouver who own a wide enough spectrum of these new subs).