• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF DJ41 Blue Dial Quick Review and Comparison Shots with VSF Franken

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Disclaimer*

This review is my personal opinion NOT based on pictures but based on my "in person" experience handling both CF and VSF Franken DJ41 Blue Dial.

I highly advise you go ahead and hit that back button if you're either VSF fanboy or CF Hater.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dial: (9/10)
Right out of the box, noticed how good this blue dial was since I've been wearing gen dial franken for a while and was very familiar with it's color and characteristic depending on the lighting. It was literally mimicking most of gen dial's characteristic on many different light set-up. Could be a tad bit darker but still better than any I've seen so far in rep industry. Can't say that it is 100% identical to gen but definitely better than VSF dial for sure which really lacked in deeper sunburst effect.

Hands: (9/10)
Not an expert on hands but it definitely has that 3D effect on minute and hour hands. Can't seem to find much difference even when compared to my gen hands .

Crystal: (6/10)
I'm very particular and picky when it comes to crystal with cyclops but it actually has one of the most decent crystal out of all CF reps I've seen. But still not good IMO.

Bezel: (7/10)
They advertised it as "white gold plating" and I was quite excited to see any differences but I don't see much difference from ARF and VSF bezels. Looks decent.

DateWheel: (7/10)
Good font style but appears to be bit too thin compared to gen. I'm guessing it's probably because cyclop mag is off?

Crown: (9/10)
Best looking crown out of all I've seen from ARF and VSF.

Movement: (6/10)
Gonna send mine for a full service. Overall feel I get when winding and setting date & time are nowhere close to VS3235 from VSF. Major set back.

Bracelet: (8/10)
Pleasantly surprised at how well made this bracelet was but still feels bit sharp around edges and corners.

Overall: (8/10)
Honestly, with VSF out of the picture. This is the best DJ41 you can get at this point. Especially if you want the Blue dial.
Originally purchased this watch to replace it's dial with gen Rhodium dial but I think I'm gonna keep it as it is since it's way too good to be replaced.
Switch d/w and crystal to gen and this should be golden.

jodoOj.jpg

jodauv.jpg

jodylX.jpg

jodYWc.jpg

jodmj1.jpg

jodW6K.jpg

jodU28.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Last two pictures were taken at same angle and under same lighting.

VSF Franken above, Clean Factory below....I'm telling you, this blue dial is unbelievable.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Very nice comparison, thanks for sharing and glad you like it!

Reactions: jiro

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thnks for this great comparison. It truely is hard to get to the great lubed dandong VS movements standart of smoothness. Wesr it with health:)

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Thanks for this, I’ve got mine on the way and had the same intentions of changing to rhodium dial, can’t wait to see the blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
Love the comparisons. Glad that there is decent DJ41 that people can buy now.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thank you for this comparison,can you tell us a little more about the case?Do you see any differences compared to vsf?exactly the same or better(maybe better rehaut or something)?Thank you

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Congrats and thanks for the review. This piece just made my short list. Although I’ll likely opt for the blue dial with Roman numerals.

Bobi01

2/2/19
jiro bro thank you very much for comparison
can you compare a lume between them because i heard the lume on cf is way too green and off compared to gen,im asking if that is qc issue or complete batch issue

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Comparing with a franken VSF, equiped with the gen dial as reference, gives a very good perspective on the CF, thank you !

I'm not surprised the bezel color tone may still need a plating upgrade to be as gen, but as with all reps each will then decide what to upgrade. All in all that CF DJ looks really on point.
As asked before, what's your opinion regarding the case ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
How about this versus arf v3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk