• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II 42mm 226570 904L SS JDF

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
This GMF def looks better but I feel like the color of the Explorer II text is still a ways away from matching the GMT hand. I might have to cop one of these soon and live with it lol
6f047378e9edeee33fb22aab48590efe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pdatoon

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
This GMF def looks better but I feel like the color of the Explorer II text is still a ways away from matching the GMT hand. I might have to cop one of these soon and live with it lol
6f047378e9edeee33fb22aab48590efe.jpg

Does anyone know why so much of the orange hand is showing at the centre wheel pivot? I know that Rolex now also has an all orange GMT hand, but the "disk" (excuse my terminology - not sure if this is the correct word!) seems far too large with too much orange visible.

Am I wrong or going mad? KJ2020 any insights?

All the best, and thanks for views!

ZD82

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
This is my noob version. The base of my GMT is black I believe.

Mine had issues with the 12/6/9 markers being darker than the rest but I was able to get it fixed by repainting then applying new lume.

93bde8a1c180deb694f10b44cc59fa50.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is my noob version. The base of my GMT is black I believe.

Mine had issues with the 12/6/9 markers being darker than the rest but I was able to get it fixed by repainting then applying new lume.

93bde8a1c180deb694f10b44cc59fa50.jpg

That's a very nice lume repair job bro.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does anyone know why so much of the orange hand is showing at the centre wheel pivot? I know that Rolex now also has an all orange GMT hand, but the "disk" (excuse my terminology - not sure if this is the correct word!) seems far too large with too much orange visible.

Am I wrong or going mad? KJ2020 any insights?

All the best, and thanks for views!

ZD82

You are not mad, the GMF orange hand hole surround on the GMT hand is much larger and much more visible than on the gen. It was a bad decision by Rolex to do this, the only reason I can think of why they would do it is so the same hand could be used interchangeably on either black or white dial models. It's a rep flaw to make it so large. I hate it and would have to paint it black if I had the polar model. Or just source a 216570 hand.

Reactions: zachsdad82

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
You are not mad, the GMF orange hand hole surround on the GMT hand is much larger and much more visible than on the gen. It was a bad decision by Rolex to do this, the only reason I can think of why they would do it is so the same hand could be used interchangeably on either black or white dial models. It's a rep flaw to make it so large. I hate it and would have to paint it black if I had the polar model. Or just source a 216570 hand.

Cheers....I wasnt sure If I was just being incredibly dumb!

Surely rep makers can fix this. Seems mad to have such a blatant orange disk on show! Cant understand why they would have thought that was ok!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Surely rep makers can fix this.

I would be very surprised if it happened. Factories buy or contract to buy parts in large quantities so in many instances changes aren't made until a new version comes out. That can take years. CLEAN is an exception, they update blatant flaws pretty quickly with a V2. BP/GMF and others not so much.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
That's a very nice lume repair job bro.

Thanks buddy!! I was also able to glue together the jump click but now rant into another issue with the date not wanting to flip anymore. I'm at my wits end with this watch but want to do everything i can to save it ... its is my favorite still to this date. I believe it has to do with the support arm per your previous post i read up on. Any chance you can take this project on for me and try to fix?

bb58

Horology Curious
26/12/22
Germany
Someone got an idea where to get a replacement handset for the SA3187 version? My hour hand has somehow turned yellowish and really bothers me. TD is asking 108$ for a set of new hands, which I find unreasonably expensive.