• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF V2 Submariners Refreshed and Upgraded

McPwn

21/9/20
Good move, the VR movements are solid. GMF is usually good with the mid-case shape. The crystal and rehaut will probably be its weak points, like on their DJ41. Looks like a solid entry otherwise.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Glad to see GMF abandoning the dismal SA3135. Hope BP follows suit, or is this going to be a way to divide them and justify a GMF price hike? It would be nice to see a crystal upgrade. How much can it cost to source one that meets a minimum standard of acceptable quality? VSF did it and their final price was probably lower than the GMF will be.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Annnnd they didn't plate the side middle links.... BP/GMF will always cut corners... Never changes.

Reactions: pompompurin

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Annnnd they didn't plate the side middle links.... BP/GMF will always cut corners... Never changes.

They look plated to me…

0a63f15cdae3f87031ec64bbd49a0f70.jpg

Maybe we could ask [mention]trustytime [/mention] Andrew to confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

If you look closely the tinted Ecoat lacquer isn't even properly finished. Then it looks like they applied too much and have some awful dark colour there.

Its BP/GMF so I'm not really surprised.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16

If you look closely the tinted Ecoat lacquer isn't even properly finished. Then it looks like they applied too much and have some awful dark colour there.

Its BP/GMF so I'm not really surprised.

Plated two tone watches mostly do not have the mid-links sides plated, even from ARF and other factories, unless it is wrapped gold.

The only factory with plated mid-links is from CLEAN factory, but they are very rare in stocks.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Plated two tone watches mostly do not have the mid-links sides plated, even from ARF and other factories, unless it is wrapped gold.

The only factory with plated mid-links is from CLEAN factory, but they are very rare in stocks.

I had an ARF 116613 SH3135 with plated mid links. The JF and Noob version had plated mid links as well. None of which were wrapped.

Doesn't Clean factory use the ARF bracelet supplier?

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
I had an ARF 116613 SH3135 with plated mid links. The JF and Noob version had plated mid links as well. None of which were wrapped.

Doesn't Clean factory use the ARF bracelet supplier?

It depends on the batch. Earlier batches from ARF did not have the sides of the mid-links plated. And yes, the newer batches have them.

Clean does use ARF bracelet for their stainless steel bracelet. It is likely they used the same for the two tone as well.

Last edited:

Don5665

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/19
Bangalore, India
Looks like a good update. The two tone subs rarely get love from the factories as its mostly steel. Can anyone compare it with the gen

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
GMF has also just told me that the crystal was upgraded.

They have improved the laser etched coronet.

These upgrades are across all GMF V2 Submariners. Not only for the two tone Submariners.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
How do they feel in hand Andrew? You handle them all, is the build quality and finish similar to VSF?

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
How do they feel in hand Andrew? You handle them all, is the build quality and finish similar to VSF?

The overall quality has definitely improved, and the new movement is better too.

The bracelet I have feedback to factory to improve on, but they are now very good with the newer parts and movements.

Reactions: DR Russell

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Any pics of the all gold versions outside of what’s posted on your website? Curious to how the cold looks as that was a let down on the V1’s.