• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Real Noob V4 116500?

Yqku

Horology Curious
24/8/15
Hi,

I was told this doesn't look like a Noob V4 more like. V3. What is your opinion. I just got it from a TD.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Looks like a mid season V3 with the incorrect thin subdials

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I agree with philwongnz, it has the improved "R"s on the bezel but skinny subdials, which would make it a v3.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yes mate this is a noob v3

Yqku

Horology Curious
24/8/15
Thanks for your help, you guys are correct.

I paid 1.1k for it. Do you think it was too much for a V3? Especially was written V4 on the order

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

I paid 1.1k for it. Do you think it was too much for a V3? Especially was written V4 on the order

Well in my opinion 1.1 is too much for the v4 also.Anyway The only difference is the dial,at the noob v4 they fixed the subdials(fatter).Arf v2 dial is even better from noob v4 also so try to find one and replace(i have a noob v4 and thats what i am going to do).The important and "rare" thing of noob daytonas is the case(thickness) and the movement(4130).So its the same if you got a v3 or v4.So you are ok

Reactions: Keishara

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
If you can source out a v4 dial or arf dial then it’s worth what you paid. The main thing is the functioning 4130.

Yqku

Horology Curious
24/8/15
You're right thank you guys, I will follow your advice.

I am still waiting for 2 more Noob QC. Hope it's V4 this time

Yqku

Horology Curious
24/8/15
Andrew insist it's a V4 :(

Can clearly see its thinner. Anyway I'll find Arf v2 dial

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It became pretty clear to me early on in dealings with Trusty (when I was just starting out in rep collecting, before I quickly moved on to other TDs) that all their comms are signed “Andrew”, but it’s unlikely the person replying to you is Andrew. Unless he’s seriously schizophrenic and amnesiac, the difference in writing styles, comprehension of my questions and knowledge of previous comms made it clear that it was a different member of staff answering me every time.

And I don’t think the staff are really authoritative about the small differences between rep versions. Which is fair enough - they sell a LOT of reps every day. So if they get a watch in from the factory and are told that it’s version so-and-so, they don’t have the knowledge to know any different. As far as they’re concerned, it’s the latest version from that factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hesekiel

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

Its a v3.As i told you its not a big deal.But hey,you are paying 1100usd for this watch just reject it and ask for another:)

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Not cool. It's so obviously not a V4 ....

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I can count about 9 people including the ones you asked on reddit that are saying it's v3. Not sure what 'Trusty' is pulling.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Not sure what 'Trusty' is pulling.
If I were being charitable to Trusty, then my comments above apply - the TT sales person responding to the OP is simply ignorant of the differences between versions.

If I were being cynical, I’d say that some TDs might currently be getting pretty desperate to sell whatever they can, as the factory raids and closures lead to extremely short supplies. It’s probably a good idea to be extra vigilant when checking QC pics.

Star70

Renowned Member
Certified
19/1/20
I totally agree with p0pperini on this,aspecially with the Dytonas

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
You know why it has a v3 dial? Because all these stock of Noob Daytonas are put together using mixture of parts from different versions, like a franked rep.

I ordered a 116520 Black daytona for usd1100 but it looked wierd and I just ended up changing the dial, hands and bezel. It has now turned into a 116500 daytona which looks much better.

Yqku

Horology Curious
24/8/15
Thanks for you time everyone????

What do you think of this one? It's hard for me to tell on a black dial, but I would say V4

rolexlover79

Known Member
10/7/21
If I were being charitable to Trusty, then my comments above apply - the TT sales person responding to the OP is simply ignorant of the differences between versions.

If I were being cynical, I’d say that some TDs might currently be getting pretty desperate to sell whatever they can, as the factory raids and closures lead to extremely short supplies. It’s probably a good idea to be extra vigilant when checking QC pics.

Yeah, I almost GL'd a black dial V4 Daytona that looks like the dial has been printed by a blind person LOL. Just as well I caught it in time...

rolexlover79

Known Member
10/7/21
Thanks for you time everyone????

What do you think of this one? It's hard for me to tell on a black dial, but I would say V4

This looks like a legit V4 to me, but hopefully the experts will chime in if I’m mistaken.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
V-Who cares? If you are happy and changing sial anyway, GL. But keep in mind:

The politics from some TD, lieing to people because they are needy (why buy now?you had long chance before raids to buy a daytona from noob) arent correct in my opinion.
I would lose trust and wont buy again from this dealer