• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Factories should watch this - Pepsi and Sub 41 compared in exquisite detail

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Minor differences, even the famous lips were almost same

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Nice Video, but why should factories watch it? - they know for sure what the flaws of their watches are. Many watches are designed with a genuine watch as reference which will be bought or rented by the factory for the time of production and layouting.
They are limited to a certain point because not every watch part can be replicated as easy and „cheap“ as another. For sure some watches could be better but that would make them more expensive and not attractive to some groups of buyers.
Conspiracy also has it, that some flaws are done on purpose so the factories can release a version 2, v3, v4 and so on but that is of course not confirmed and not for sure either.
But still a great video! :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Last edited:

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
It was actually a very well done, well shot, and rather informative video, with the best looking BLRO I've ever seen. Colors were spot on cherry red and the blue was a good blue, too. BLRO Mark 4 or Mark 5?? Rolex finally seems to have got the BLRO colors right again. ;)

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
how many meters is the GMT waterproofed?

Officially 100 metres - the sub has a thicker case back. I imagine it's quite a lot more though given the similarity to the Sub and other Rolex dive watches.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Cool vid but the factories know exactly what they’re doing. And now, the last thing they want is to get too good especially with vsf probably being a cautionary tale for any factory thinking about making a rep that’s “tooo good”. I’m Surprised we have users still suggesting reps get better as we saw what happened and were still in the wake of the chaos from their attempt to fly too close to the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk