• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick help finding the best Rolex Yacht Master Oyster Perpetual Everose

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
I don't wanna be repetitive but yeah, I apologize for opening a new topic because this probably has been spoken about a thousand times, but I'm bad at searching in these forums. Looking for the best Rolex Yacht Master Oyster Perpetual Everose (I guess it's the 116655). It would save me a lot of trouble if you could link me the best ones. Puretime told me that most of them are out of stock, so they recommended this one: https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-maste...rap-a2836.html which is kinda expensive overall, compared to the other replicas of the same watch, the specifications are pretty much the same as others, the only thing that seems to be added is the semi-invisible crown at the crystal. Are these replicas good overall and "flawless"? Is the movement good? Is it real gold etc?

Please help me out if you could, I'm really bad at these things D:
jWg1HJ.jpg

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Dude be chilling in a pool looking at the camera waiting for the forum to tell him where to get the best watches (depending on the "history" of his posts since he joined).

Do your research buddy. Welcome to RWI.

:itchyandscratchy:

Reactions: J_rwi and deadpan

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
Dude be chilling in a pool looking at the camera waiting for the forum to tell him where to get the best watches (depending on the "history" of his posts since he joined).

Do your research buddy. Welcome to RWI.

:itchyandscratchy:

Well I guess that's what forums are for anyway. I've helped hundreds of people and I've done 100% of the work for them in other things and industries. This is a 192389123 year old forum, there's hundreds of thousands of different posts, if not hundreds of millions. Most famous posts don't even talk about a specific watch or anything like that. If I get the very best rep for this watch that I'm looking for, I'm definitly gonna provide the next person asking about it with the link. That's the way I see things, if you see differently I absolutely respect that but I'm not sure what the hell certain people are doing in forums if not to help and be helped. Be straight forward, no confusion, no mazes.

Anyway thanks, topic may be closed because it seemed to be a bit pointless to post here.

Reactions: RussMeister

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21

Thanks, but your post is a very good reason why "exploring by ourselves" leads to nowhere to be honest. Basically reading your post made me feel bad about opening this topic. Made me feel only worse and motivated because I began to read the "guide you on the right part" only to read a huge text with "criticism" towards people like me instead of real links. Like, how can I compare a replica to another? What factories? Where? How? Links? There's millions of posts in this forum and there's never specific detailed information. I've spent days trying to progress 1% and I didn't so I decided to finally post. Sometimes reading big famous sticky posts only confuse newcomers even more.

Reactions: RussMeister

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
If a Staff member could delete the post it would be really helpful for me right now, thank you.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I know very little about rolex and can hardly help.

Directly, without confusion and labyrinths, we discuss the advantages and disadvantages of certain rep watches.

Almost any question that has arisen is already answered on this forum, because those who are here asked them and answered them at the stage of discussing a new release from a particular factory.

If the question has not been discussed, and there are no opinions from the old discussions, the best thing you can do is to figure it out on your own and write a post about the results of your research, which will generate fruitful discussions, in which they will help you, and perhaps a general correct opinion about this or that model, one or another of its elements will be born, and the next newbie with a similar question will be able to find this post. read and find out everything.

This is how the forum works, not the concierge team.

Reactions: deadpan

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Well, seeing as I don't know much about this reference as a rep, what would I do?

If I was lazy the first thing is to check if it's on the NWBIG list, followed by other resources such as https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...the_best_guide . If it's not on there I'll look for a thread/topic for that particular watch in the Rolex subforum or in a general Yachtmaster thread for potential mentions of this model.

At this point, I would consider if this is really a popular enough rep to be good. If there's few people buying it and there's little discussion, I would look to other references that are similar and more popular, perhaps better quality and availability can be found in other models. Otherwise, if I REALLY want that particular watch...

Then I would fall back to QC posts (Reddit only) or Sales posts and check for myself how each factory's version of the reference look in reality. I'll see which ones I like, weighing up things like availability.

Also, if there isn't already a discussion about that particular reference, feel free to create a new topic or post (ideally in a YM discussion thread if it exists) with your findings and then people can chime in. It's generally expected that you have done your own homework rather than hoping someone else will do it for you.
A successful post would have been more along the lines of "I am looking for a Rolex YM 116655, I have looked into factories X,Y,Z.
X has better this, but Y has better that, etc. Ideally, I'd like factory X but unfortunately it's no longer in production so it's between Y & Z. They look the same to me, can anyone recommend a similar reference watch or point out differences between Y and Z"?

ps. In this case, the chances are that this isn't a popular rep. You'll need to do your own homework. Also, it's expensive because it's gold wrapped rather than plated.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpan and VG87

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks, but your post is a very good reason why "exploring by ourselves" leads to nowhere to be honest. Basically reading your post made me feel bad about opening this topic. Made me feel only worse and motivated because I began to read the "guide you on the right part" only to read a huge text with "criticism" towards people like me instead of real links. Like, how can I compare a replica to another? What factories? Where? How? Links? There's millions of posts in this forum and there's never specific detailed information. I've spent days trying to progress 1% and I didn't so I decided to finally post. Sometimes reading big famous sticky posts only confuse newcomers even more.

Did you use the search engine for 116655, if so what did you find? You can sort by date so you not point going back 10 years. Did you look at some trusted dealers website to identify the most recent factories manufacturing 116655?

If so why not say "hey guys I've found factories X,y and z but I'm not sure what to look for that differentiates them" that's a very different approach than asking "who has the best?".

It is not about criticism it's about trying to make you understand that you're going at it the wrong way, and why you may not get the replies that you were expecting.

Reactions: deadpan and VG87

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
...This is a 192389123 year old forum, there's hundreds of thousands of different posts, if not hundreds of millions...

Could someone please confirm this? Sounds a lot older than I expected.

Reactions: J_rwi

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon

I think we all get that you’re not getting the answers you want. RWI does seem to intimidate some folk, but I can assure you not only is this forum an absolute bible of information about a huge range of reps (and gens), but the folk here are absolute gold.

Back to your question...you’ve already asked about the speedmaster in the omega section; you wanted a 1:1 rep of the watch/ fully functioning/ water resistant, and wanted this watch to be indistinguishable from the gen. you were advised (correctly) that you would be disappointed with the speedy reps available (based on your desirables), and should save the money for a gen.

i presume you also like yacht masters, as you then asked in the omega thread about the ‘best rep’ of those. You were directed here. You started a new thread (not a lot wrong with that if there isn’t one already) and asked for others to advise you on a “flawless” rep of the yacht master. I’m gonna also (as others have) try and be clear and to the point;

1. No reps are flawless. Starting with this expectation will only lead to disappointment. If you want flawless buy gen.

2. We don’t want to ‘save you time’. This is a hobby, and most here enjoy hobbies. They take pleasure and interest in reading and learning. We (maybe mistakenly) expect people to find RWI due to a similar desire to educate themselves beyond Reddit.

3. You’ve presumably undertaken a search or two. When I purchased my first rep I had lurked this forum for months before joining. When I decided on the model I wanted, I spent at least a month (outside of a full time job) reading every thread on that model. I learned what flaws were on each factory’s model. I decided what I could live with, and read up on what could be modified/ by whom/ roughly how much this might cost etc. I then looked at the TDs that could get me that model. I’m sure many here have similar stories. I’ve also made rash decisions/ bought watches and then found out that a dial won’t fit/ it doesn’t function like this or that etc., but that’s a learning curve for me (I didn’t do my homework).

4. Only you can decide (as others have said) what you can/ can’t live with. Don’t rely on others to tell you which model to buy.

5. 99% of people won’t notice your watch. 0.5% will notice and think you’re a rich twat. 0.01% will think it’s gen, but that it doesn’t fit your car/ life etc. 0.01% might be able to tell whether or not it’s gen. (unless the gold is rubbing off)

6. I can’t even see some of the flaws that people on here comment on. To me, some watches are ‘flawless’, but I also know that they might be hugely inaccurate to the above 0.01% of people. As others have said, take the time, and-if there isn’t a thread already-become the expert! If that all seems like too much hassle, then just buy what you like.

ps. Those watches are gold ‘wrapped’ or gold plated (not solid gold). If you want a gold watch that you don’t have to worry about (in terms of the gold rubbing off), then you might be better off buying a gen.

as it happens, another user just bumper the YM thread. If it were me, I’d read from page 1 of this thread to educate myself on the various factories/ mods req. and modes capable of doing the work;

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/228806-the-official-rwi-yachtmaster-club

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Neptyle If you ever need an advice about Patek Nautilus or some APRO and Rolex Daytona reps then I can help. Unfortunately other Rolex are outside my interests.

Reactions: deadpan

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I don't wanna be repetitive but yeah, I apologize for opening a new topic because this probably has been spoken about a thousand times, but I'm bad at searching in these forums. Looking for the best Rolex Yacht Master Oyster Perpetual Everose (I guess it's the 116655). It would save me a lot of trouble if you could link me the best ones. Puretime told me that most of them are out of stock, so they recommended this one: https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-maste...rap-a2836.html which is kinda expensive overall, compared to the other replicas of the same watch, the specifications are pretty much the same as others, the only thing that seems to be added is the semi-invisible crown at the crystal. Are these replicas good overall and "flawless"? Is the movement good? Is it real gold etc?

Forums are here to help. yes. Not to make 200 threads where same information can be found.
do your research.

Sumo86

8/1/23
Uk
So, did anyone find the everose yachtie? I'm now looking at chrono24 thinking £24k is stretching my budget

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

jWg1HJ.jpg
I did a comparison between my VRF and the newer VSF. I’ve had almost every version of this rep and the VSF is the best, although VRF isn’t far behind. Here’s the post https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/vrf-116655-vs-vsf-126655.10933994/

Reactions: clk168