• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to find the ultimate Datejust 36?

Zaiga

Horology Curious
18/9/21
Hey guys!

Thank you for providing a great forum with a lot of knowledge.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough information about a Datejust 36.

Who is making right now the best Datejust 36 (outside) and how is the quality of the replica compared to more known wider copied models?

Thank you!

Hypes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/16
I went with GMF for my DJ36 and was pretty pleased with the model itself. There are talks of the strap being a little different feel to gen, but this didn't bother me as I'd be the only one touching the watch per se.

Only thing I would advise is to stay away from the SA3235 movement. It recently busted on me, and it wasn't until then I found out it has a reputation for being the least desirable movement. The worst thing is I have no easy way of replacing it due to the fact it is attached to a 2824 dial. I'd opt for the 2824 movement as it's cheaper and easier to replace, probably a little more reliable too.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
1. this 1 Post Idiot doesnt even show us enough respect to read the fucking rules
2. Just because he asks about a DJ36, it still is a

WHO HAS THE BEST SUB

thread.

over and out.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
1. this 1 Post Idiot doesnt even show us enough respect to read the fucking rules
2. Just because he asks about a DJ36, it still is a

WHO HAS THE BEST SUB

thread.

over and out.

What fucking rule did he break ?

Reactions: efk95 and sweden

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You can also take a look at ARF

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
The best DJ36 should be one that comes with a proper 3135 clone

A DJ that can't accept a drop-in gen dial is not a good DJ

Tobel

6/7/17
The best DJ36 should be one that comes with a proper 3135 clone

A DJ that can't accept a drop-in gen dial is not a good DJ

To each their own, for someone starting their journey on the rep world (not sure whether that's the case for OP, but that applies to anyone), starting with an ootb rep without frankening it would be my recommendation. Then, farther down the rabbit hole frankening may become necessary in their eyes, but that's a conversation for later.

Tobel

6/7/17
I guess ARF v3 for the datejust?

If you decide that you want an ARF then your TD will anyway give you the latest model available. It's not like you get to choose a v1 or a V2. The only exception to that is around the time they switch from one version to the next, there may be leftovers from the previous batch.

But first a V2 is not necessarily better than a v1, and second the ARF hasn't had a new version in a while to my knowledge

Last edited:

ertai27

11/10/18
As for a DJ36, 2 years ago I went the route of getting an ARF V2, blue stick dial, and jubilee bracelet.

It was known for the DW having bold numbers so I sourced a gen roulette wheel and swapped it out.

It's the 24th so the number is black but the odd numbered days are red.

The state that it is in is really good, but I get the itch to get more gen parts like the bezel, crown, or hands etc.

IMHO, the sky ends at where you want it to be.

So, the question is this. What is the factory creating the best rep OTB? I still think ARF for DJ36.

Ultimate? You're looking for a franken and I hope your wallet is fat.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaiga

Zaiga

Horology Curious
18/9/21
As for a DJ36, 2 years ago I went the route of getting an ARF V2, blue stick dial, and jubilee bracelet.

It was known for the DW having bold numbers so I sourced a gen roulette wheel and swapped it out.
jaNE6X.jpg

It's the 24th so the number is black but the odd numbered days are red.

The state that it is in is really good, but I get the itch to get more gen parts like the bezel, crown, or hands etc.

IMHO, the sky ends at where you want it to be.

So, the question is this. What is the factory creating the best rep OTB? I still think ARF for DJ36.

Ultimate? You're looking for a franken and I hope your wallet is fat.

Good luck in your search.

Thank you for your reply!
I guess I will go for the v3

The guy from geektimes tells me thats the v3, but is there any possibility to check it?
https://geektime.cc/product/datejust...racelet-a3135/

And how can I replace roulette wheel, as I would need someone to do it for me but its a fake?

Last edited:

Zaiga

Horology Curious
18/9/21
If you decide that you want an ARF then your TD will anyway give you the latest model available. It's not like you get to choose a v1 or a V2. The only exception to that is around the time they switch from one version to the next, there may be leftovers from the previous batch.

But first a V2 is not necessarily better than a v1, and second the ARF hasn't had a new version in a while to my knowledge

Alright I see how it works thanks!

ertai27

11/10/18
I am by no means an expert in figuring out the versions of models. I just trust the TD mostly for that.

Replacing parts of the watch can be done by watch smiths.
Yes it is a fake watch. So, you'll need to have someone you can trust or there are members who can provide the service at a cost.

Gen parts can be sourced in the sales section. You can see if someone is selling what you want or post a WTB post and pray someone contacts you.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Bear in mind ARF makes the previous Datejust model, not the new ones. The old ones have fat lugs and the new ones are slightly slimmer. I prefer these ones and so far only EWF, BP and GMF makes them. In terms of quality, correct me if I’m wrong but it’s usually GMF > BP = EWF

Id love to go for the GMF but I can’t find a GMF with ETA clone of the new Datejust models.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
G
Bear in mind ARF makes the previous Datejust model, not the new ones. The old ones have fat lugs and the new ones are slightly slimmer. I prefer these ones and so far only EWF, BP and GMF makes them. In terms of quality, correct me if I’m wrong but it’s usually GMF > BP = EWF

Id love to go for the GMF but I can’t find a GMF with ETA clone of the new Datejust models.

GMF is BP with 904L steel usually i would just go for BP and save the cash unless you need the 904

Reactions: Watch-a-say