• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My collection, two need to go

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Dear geeks,

This my current collection, already heavily thinned out the herd. Still, two need to go in order to make place for the new datejust palm leaf and a Batman.. and the two empty places will be filled with other brands some day..

which two would you let go?

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Double post

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
IMO:

The Breitling. 1) It’s a really horrible bit of fussy watch design, covered in minuscule writing impossible to read or understand. 2) It’s not a Rolex. 3) Did I mention it’s horrible?

And if there has to be a second one… the Hulk. It seems the logical one for the chop to me, based on the incoming watches.

But really you should invest in another watch box and that way you can buy even more Rolex reps.

You should still get rid of that Breitling though. It’s horrible.

EDIT: Whoops, pardon me for mistaking the Cermit for a Hulk. My eyes were watering from accidentally trying to read the text on the Breitling.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Whilst I am a fan of Breitling, in this collection, it'd probably be chop number 1. And not because its that horrible, just very different clearly to all your other choices so you obviously have a style you like the look of.

Then the two tone Datejust stands out too, unless its sentimental.

But I agree with p0pperini & StreetFighter
another solution is to buy an additional (maybe even bigger) box ;)

Which are you leaning towards yourself, and why?

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
IMO:

The Breitling. 1) It’s a really horrible bit of fussy watch design, covered in minuscule writing impossible to read or understand. 2) It’s not a Rolex. 3) Did I mention it’s horrible?

And if there has to be a second one… the Hulk. It seems the logical one for the chop to me, based on the incoming watches.

But really you should invest in another watch box and that way you can buy even more Rolex reps.

You should still get rid of that Breitling though. It’s horrible.

Hahaha, love the fact that you’re brutally honest! The breitling is less ugly in person, however it might have to go though..

Reactions: p0pperini

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
TT DJ and Starbucks must go... And I'm here to help you for both :p

Haha, you got me confused here ;). The TT is a girls watch in my opinion, belonged to my ex. It’s a gen from early 70’s. You like it?

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I'm different. I don't own 40 different Submariners (I own none) like some folks here. My personal collection is small and diverse so that I have a proper watch for every occasion. Yours is Rolex heavy, and although the two tone Datejust is different, it's just butt-ugly in my book. Dump that clunker.

Reactions: japer

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Haha, you got me confused here ;). The TT is a girls watch in my opinion, belonged to my ex. It’s a gen from early 70’s. You like it?
That TT is lovely. I’ll fight VG87 for it.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Whilst I am a fan of Breitling, in this collection, it'd probably be chop number 1. And not because its that horrible, just very different clearly to all your other choices so you obviously have a style you like the look of.

Then the two tone Datejust stands out too, unless its sentimental.

But I agree with p0pperini & StreetFighter
another solution is to buy an additional (maybe even bigger) box ;)

Which are you leaning towards yourself, and why?

I will definitely keep the GMT and the Kermit. Probably the Grey DJ for now. The rest might go. However, the SD is about 13 years old and have proven to be insanely reliable..

the GMT is in a league if it’s own, so gorgeous and ofcourse a good investment. The Kermit is a looker, the green is so beautiful and a true swimmer. The DJ is also a looker, especially outside, get’s a lot of compliments.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
I will give the breitling to a friend, he loves Breitling. Tomorrow is his birthday. I think i won’t get much for it in a sale.. it’s a 15 year old genuine Montbrillant

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I will definitely keep the GMT and the Kermit. Probably the Grey DJ for now. The rest might go. However, the SD is about 13 years old and have proven to be insanely reliable..

That's the decision made so - First 2 gone :thumbsup:

And if number 2 is a GEN, happy days, some serious cash will be incoming. All the more reason to buy a bigger box ;)

P.s. If you want to PM the spec/model number etc of the Montbrillant, if you are selling that is, and the price was right, we could set up a reserved sale. Have a GEN Montbrillant myself and it'd be more curiosity than anything to see how the rep stands up beside it.

Either way, very nice collection, best of luck with whatever you decide & have a great weekend.

:goodluck:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
That's the decision made so - First 2 gone :thumbsup:

And if number 2 is a GEN, happy days, some serious cash will be incoming. All the more reason to buy a bigger box ;)

P.s. If you want to PM the spec/model number etc of the Montbrillant, if you are selling that is, and the price was right, we could set up a reserved sale. Have a GEN Montbrillant myself and it'd be more curiosity than anything to see how the rep stands up beside it.

Either way, very nice collection, best of luck with whatever you decide & have a great weekend.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the help. However, the Breitling is a full genuine watch..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
This is such a gen forum sort of question - like ‘I have no idea how to make up my mind so I’ll ask a bunch of strangers what watches I should prefer…’

Get another / bigger watch box man.

Reactions: pistebasher