• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice Daytona

Derau

Supporter
Certified
28/12/19
France
Hi !

The one of your link present a 13mm thickness wich is larger than gen (12.5mm if my memory is correct) and the movement is a 7750 disguised as a 4130.

Subdial at 3 and 9 positions are faux function and only the large second hand is working)
The chrono fonction is partially functionnal here.

That’s not a 1:1 replica.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Derau

Supporter
Certified
28/12/19
France
Hi !

The one of your link present a 13mm thickness wich is larger than gen (12.5mm if my memory is correct) and the movement is a 7750 disguised as a 4130.

Subdial at 3 and 9 positions are faux function and only the large second hand is working)
The chrono fonction is partially functionnal here.

That’s not a 1:1 replica :)

Envoyé depuis l’application RWI RWI App

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The ARF Daytona uses a 7750 movement (pointlessly decorated to look like gen) and doesn't have full chrono functions (the subdials at 3 and 9 don't move), and it's a bit thicker than the gen. But apart from that it's an excellent, very high quality rep. And, as you probably shouldn't use the chrono function of a rep chrono watch, the lack of working chrono shouldn't be a deal breaker.

There's some recently released fully functioning Daytona reps also based on a modified 7750 movement. As they're new, the jury is still out on how good they are - although cosmetically they're looking pretty good. Biao and EWF are (the factories I've seen mentioned) making them.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/10163616-ewf-daytona-release

I'd recommend that you search in the Rolex section for more information. There's thread after thread of Daytona discussion.

Reactions: deadpan

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
And if you don't mind spending ca. USD 1,000 for a stock rep then you can still find Noob Daytonas with a cloned asian 4130 movement which are regarded as the top notch fully functioning Daytona reps OOTB.

Last edited:

butif

Horology Curious
24/8/18
thank you all very much
do you know of any websites selling this watch

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
thank you all very much

Which watch?

Edit: Actually, it doesn't matter which. You should check the Trusted Dealers link at the top of this page - any TD can source any rep, as long as it's available. Pick a TD, contact them and ask about the watch you're interested in. Don't try to source a Noob - as Noob is currently out of business.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpan

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
thank you all very much

If you like functioning chronographs, the brand Rolex and the history of Rolex 4130 movement then purchasing a gen or cloned 4130 is inevitable at some point imho. At the moment you have 4 choices for that:

- buy a new Noob Daytona at a premium price (> USD 800) while stocks last
- buy a used Noob at a premium price outside RWI
- buy a used Noob under the old stock price from a forum member at RWI for which your chance is almost 0
- wait until another rep factory produces Daytonas with the Noob clone movement. Nobody knows if and when it will happen and if so then what the price point of the new Daytonas will be.

Last edited:

butif

Horology Curious
24/8/18
so, to have a Daytona watch that is the same in all details and chronograph operation as the original, I have to buy a Noob Daytona.
Right?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
so, to have a Daytona watch that is the same in all details and chronograph operation as the original, I have to buy a Noob Daytona.
Right?

More or less right - it's as close as you can get at the moment.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Right?

No rep was, is and will ever be the same as the gen.

If you don't mind not having the Noob clone movement then as p0pperini said before you can choose between Biao and EWF fully functioning chronographs whose thickness is close to that of gen. If you want the clone movement then your choice is Noob.

Reactions: Kevstah

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Right?
Wrong. No rep Daytona is the same in all details and chronograph operation as the original. Some get a lot closer than others, and Noob got the closest yet in terms of a clone movement. ARF dials are arguably better. They all have flaws and differences that can be pointed out, if you look closely enough. But whether a rep is close enough to the gen to satisfy you is something only you can decide.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Wrong. No rep Daytona is the same in all details and chronograph operation as the original. Some get a lot closer than others, and Noob got the closest yet in terms of a clone movement. ARF dials are arguably better. They all have flaws and differences that can be pointed out, if you look closely enough. But whether a rep is close enough to the gen to satisfy you is something only you can decide.
100%! This is coming from me who owns 10 Noobs where most are modded.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK

That's a listing for the Noob Daytona v3 (although I think the photos might be of the v2.2). It's not available. Just because a watch is listed on a TD website, it doesn't mean you can order it. TD websites rarely remove listings for watches that are no longer available.

The current Noob Daytona is v4, and some TDs have started to claim that they're available again, but have hiked the price to over $1000.

Last edited: