• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF Daytona Release

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
These pics just dropped on WeChat. Thoughts on this release? For me, 13mm is a step in the right direction for 7750 based Daytonas.

​​​​​

Reactions: Efigy

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
That's the same thickness as an AR, does it have a functional chronograph?

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
working chronographs

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
working chronographs
86376b6ccae059f7a0dce84fef64011c.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I might be wrong - the pic res isn’t great - but I’m getting a hint of the old Noob serifs on the Rs in PER HOUR.

Reactions: Keishara and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like many factories are using the new "slim A7750 with working chronos". This is good news from the standpoint of filling the void of true clone SA4130 Daytonas with something slimmer than the old thick A7750s.

But keep in mind that a gen 7750 has native subdial positions at 12 9 6, and even the thick A7750s were modified (factory rigged) to change the subdial layout. This is why they can break easily and the general advice is not to use the chronos on them at all.

So these new slim A7750s would have to be even more modified than their predecessors, both re-rigging the subdial layout AND shaving off 2mm in thickness. Quite a feat no doubt but until they are around long enough for us to see some evidence of longevity, I remain highly skeptical that the chronos will be anything more than what they are on the thick A7750s - pretty but don't touch.

This doesn't mean these models aren't desirable and won't find a good market share. Just that they may (probably won't) be fully functional like a Noob is.

Another fake Noob, as it were.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey! just dropping in:

EWF Daytona FULL HD Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wOy...channel=Victor

While you guys may just say this is a "fake noob", I think it's not. The Clasp Code is different from most fake noob in the market. This clasp code is "5NP" instead of "T1G"

I think EWF one looks good and I would love to see more pictures of it.

Sure it's not 5NF? My Noob V1 has a 5NF clasp code

I agree it looks good for $398. I have a bunch of 7750 Daytona dials and bezels and could make some real beauties with this base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treavor John

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Is it me or the pushers seemed a bit too long? Also the bezel seems to have serif R as mentioned above.

The SEL seems to be pretty bad with the gap. I guess if noob never got raided these might be priced pretty low as people most likely to spend a bit more for the clones 4130 and with better finishing.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

A-wandererX23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/20
Sure it's not 5NF? My Noob V1 has a 5NF clasp code

I agree it looks good for $398. I have a bunch of 7750 Daytona dials and bezels and could make some real beauties with this base.

Not honestly sure. I think you're correct that it could be 5NF. I thought I read 5NP but I really couldn't tell since the video quality wasn't the best.

I'll try to find more pictures of it soon.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Is it me or the pushers seemed a bit too long?

I was thinking exactly the same thing... but I think it might be an optical illusion. I think the real issue is that the lines on the pushers are a little too dark and their spacing feels off. This is a pic of my Noob v4, the lines in the pushers are less pronounced and the spacing is also different. In the EWF the spacing is about the same between the end of the pusher to the first ring and to the second ring. On the Noob v4, the end of the pusher to the first ring is about 1.5x to 2x the distance between the two rings. The gen seems to have the same spacing as the noob.

But this might just be a trick of the light / shadows in the pusher ring groove in the EWF model. Impossible to tell for sure without

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
Any news on this one? Looks like beat option atm to me? Anyone can find a vid old one isnt working anymore.