• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Submarner

Max111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/19
My question May sounds silly, but lately I have seen new Rolex Sub reps from new factories: zf, V6, vvs and for the life of me I can’t tell the difference. You could see the difference between noob, zzf and Vsf (everyone’s favorite) but when you start looking at the new factories and start comparing them to vsf. It looks identical. Are they using the same parts suppliers? I wonder if anyone knows about this

Reactions: Pastime84

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Factories don't make watches, they assemble them from parts, many share suppliers, some have contracts (like Noob and the 4130 movement). With all the big 'factories' raided, these are the new guys springing up to replace them.. the suppliers (the real factory that makes watch parts) are obviously selling to anyone who wants to build watches, that's why they all share parts or at least this is how I interpret it.

Reactions: Uhr70 and Max111

MattDavis19xx

Horology Curious
8/5/20
My question May sounds silly, but lately I have seen new Rolex Sub reps from new factories: zf, V6, vvs and for the life of me I can’t tell the difference. You could see the difference between noob, zzf and Vsf (everyone’s favorite) but when you start looking at the new factories and start comparing them to vsf. It looks identical. Are they using the same parts suppliers? I wonder if anyone knows about this

The V6F sub is basically a VSF in sheep’s clothing. Same serials and clasp codes… But a bargain. Hont had them on special and still might.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Max111

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I thought clean is former Zzf. Sort of rebranding.

Not directly.

Same CEO.
Clean made Bezels back in the days when ZZF made watches. ZZF lied about their building material to make more money (said it was 904L but used 316L SS), then Clean maked watches.
CEO dont care, money goes in same pocket. Thats what I heared.

Max111

15/3/19
It's not

Best 116610 are the ZF and the VSF, noob and arf are way behind

I agree about noob and arf, but zf, vsf and v6 look identical to the point I thought perhaps trustytimes used the same watch to make videos for all three. Later on I saw the factory sticker

Max111

15/3/19
Not directly.

Same CEO.
Clean made Bezels back in the days when ZZF made watches. ZZF lied about their building material to make more money (said it was 904L but used 316L SS), then Clean maked watches.
CEO dont care, money goes in same pocket. Thats what I heared.

Do you know if zzf still around?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Am I correct in assuming V6F are just as hard to get as their sister VSF?

Reactions: Max111