• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Thanks! Appreciate your knowledge and expertise.

I have the gen xtal and dw on the way and contemplating the dial (silver) and hands, but from pictures the CF ones look good.

I was browsing crowns and gen fluted bezel or gold plating too. I don't know if I'm going overboard from excitement and wanted to do everything once or if just the xtal and dw is good enough and use the funds on another rep.

The rep bug has hit me hard lol.

That’ll happen, before you know it you’ll have franken submariner everything gen except case movement and bracelet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Indoor Light
jPwSCv.jpg

Outdoor Sunlight
jPFfpQ.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Honestly, CF dial is very well made.

As you can see, Gen has smoother contrast with richer sunburst but it's only obvious when compared in close-up side by side pictures like these.

In real life, with naked eyes, it's almost impossible to see any differences.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Just like the markers - they look a little fat in pictures but in person they are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Honestly, CF dial is very well made.

As you can see, Gen has smoother contrast with richer sunburst but it's only obvious when compared in close-up side by side pictures like these.

In real life, with naked eyes, it's almost impossible to see any differences.

Brother your honest opinion,which is closer to gen,blue or rhodium?

NightShot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
Indoor Light
jPwSCv.jpg

Outdoor Sunlight
jPFfpQ.jpg

Thanks for sharing.
the fact that Clean dial is olus clear it may be that he knew that their crystal lets through less light than the gen. and that once assembled it balances the thing. if that's it, it's geniuses.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for sharing.
the fact that Clean dial is olus clear it may be that he knew that their crystal lets through less light than the gen. and that once assembled it balances the thing. if that's it, it's geniuses.

Or they just copied the dial as best as they could

Reactions: Ylijumala and jiro

ab1112

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/21
Considering it is not that hard to change the bezel on the DJ (just applying pressure), Clean Factory should sell the updated v2 bezels separately for those who bought v1 change them by themselves. I don't think the updated bezel is enough reason to buy the same watch again, but I think it's quite reasonable to buy the bezel alone and DIY.

they have also updated the hands/lume positioning now

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Thanks! Appreciate your knowledge and expertise.

I have the gen xtal and dw on the way and contemplating the dial (silver) and hands, but from pictures the CF ones look good.

I was browsing crowns and gen fluted bezel or gold plating too. I don't know if I'm going overboard from excitement and wanted to do everything once or if just the xtal and dw is good enough and use the funds on another rep.

The rep bug has hit me hard lol.

Can I ask where you ordered these and the cost mate? I'm interested in doing the same.

Horology Curious
22/3/17
Can I ask where you ordered these and the cost mate? I'm interested in doing the same.

I ended up picking up both from a seller on ebay. I found other suppliers on Chrono24 and on the Rolex Forums as well, but the eBay seller was US based and quickest shipping to Canada.

B25-318-C2-C1 (xtal) $400 CAD
B3235-111-K1 (dw) $260 CAD

For me the date wheel was the harder part to find. There should be a few different xtal references that fit (above is the one I purchased).

I found a supplier based in Greece that have both available if you're intersted. PM me and I can share his contact information.