• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Or you just buy a cheap jewelry ultrasonic cleaner, put water and dish soap in it and wait 10 minutes while smoking a cigar to have the same result without using products which can harm your skin.

Few weeks ago I used my espresso machine steamer to clean my watch. now its buttery smooth lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wacht

Phdias

Looking Around
20/11/21
I bought a Clean DJ 41(v1 fluted bezel) in November 2021 with Jtime, GL'd and received it last month, but there is a flaw that was not quite perceivable on the QC pictures that is annoying me a bit. The bezel at 6 o'clock does not lie flush with the case and there's a visible gap between them, I'm almost sure that's not normal. On top at 12 o'clock, it is perfectly fine with no visible gap between bezel and the case though. I'd love to get some help to know if perhaps there is something possible to be done in my case.
Here are some pics of the problem:

On top is not visible:

The QC side pictures had not spot very well the gap:

What do you guys think? Is it fixable? Thanks in advance..

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
I bought a Clean DJ 41(v1 fluted bezel) in November 2021 with Jtime, GL'd and received it last month, but there is a flaw that was not quite perceivable on the QC pictures that is annoying me a bit. The bezel at 6 o'clock does not lie flush with the case and there's a visible gap between them, I'm almost sure that's not normal. On top at 12 o'clock, it is perfectly fine with no visible gap between bezel and the case though. I'd love to get some help to know if perhaps there is something possible to be done in my case.

Get this for $15.99 from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073PW85HS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

All you need is to press the bezel down a bit more and you can achieve it very easy with this tool mentioned.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Here are some pics of the problem:

On top is not visible:

The QC side pictures had not spot very well the gap:

Simple fix. See if you can press it down as it was not pressed all the way. Worst case bring it to a smith and they will do it for $10 usually.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Phdias just make sure to place small cloth or plastic on top of the bezel to prevent any possible scratches before pressing it down with the tool.

Reactions: Phdias

NightShot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
new lots arriving at jtime according to Li in any case on dark rhodium. can be updated attached?

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
clean seems to have a ‘sunken’ 6 at the 12 o clock digits?

jCIMe4.jpg

Phdias

Looking Around
20/11/21
Considering it is not that hard to change the bezel on the DJ (just applying pressure), Clean Factory should sell the updated v2 bezels separately for those who bought v1 change them by themselves. I don't think the updated bezel is enough reason to buy the same watch again, but I think it's quite reasonable to buy the bezel alone and DIY.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Just changed my xtal to gen. Things to note, stock gasket is 1mm thinner than gen gasket. Bezel came out too easy. Gen gasket is 1mm taller. Had to shave the gen gasket about 0.5mm in order to press the bezel back.

Reactions: Unknownwatchmaker

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Just changed my xtal to gen. Things to note, stock gasket is 1mm thinner than gen gasket. Bezel came out too easy. Gen gasket is 1mm taller. Had to shave the gen gasket about 0.5mm in order to press the bezel back.

Thanks for this information - very helpful. Did you try reinstalling the rep gasket at all, or did you decide the gen xtal and gen gasket had to be installed together to work effectively (albeit after shaving the gen gasket)?

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Thanks for this information - very helpful. Did you try reinstalling the rep gasket at all, or did you decide the gen xtal and gen gasket had to be installed together to work effectively (albeit after shaving the gen gasket)?

I did gen xtal with rep gasket = no issues - but gasket color is different so I wanted to use the gen

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Considering it is not that hard to change the bezel on the DJ (just applying pressure), Clean Factory should sell the updated v2 bezels separately for those who bought v1 change them by themselves...

You are absolutley right. Maybe you can buy only the bezel from a TD but it will be overpriced for sure. More around 120 USD than 20 USD as would be reasonable. Dont forget slightly overpriced shipping costs as well. TDs and the factorys want to make money as well :)

You'll get used to it :)

Last edited: