• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Two CF pics and on the comparison pic the CF is to the left and VSF to the right. Will post more pics in daylight to tomorrow.

On first glance. They are almost like twins. Only small things may separate them.

A little bit better AR-coating on VSF cyclops but VSF has more distortion when viewing the date from the side.

CF has by far a more solid bracelet. Also clasp snaps more genlike while VSF has too little tension.

Dial. Cant tell a winner here. Both are great with so small difference you hardly can see a difference when having them side by side.

DW. Both are correct compared to gen. VSF is slightly thicker. But I've seen variance on gen DJ41. I believe the early versions of DJ41 had thinner DW but cant say for sure.

Bezel. I believe CF is slightly wider but only noticable when wearing them side by side. Dont know who's closest to gen in that regard.

Case. Look the same to me.

Rehaut. Not wearing a micro and Im not 20 anymore but both look crisp.

Lugs. Maybe the CF i slightly sharper/genlike but they look very similar.

Movement. I actually dont think the VSF movement feels smoother as some might think. They feel the same but in theory the VSF movement will outlast the CF.

In conclusion. Both are great. If I had to choose one (this is the first day I got the CF) Im not sure which one to pick.

I've owned ARF DJ as well and out of the box CF wins by far as ARF refuse to add a decent DW and cyclops.

It has been an overall improvement of reps during the last 10 years as some seniors knows. It can always get better but dont expect large improvements on newer version now as the known models as they already are VERY close to gen.

Kostiksch

Known Member
25/8/19
Thank you for your review. Is the marker really offset at 55 or does it only look like this in the photo?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Two CF pics and on the comparison pic the CF is to the left and VSF to the right. Will post more pics in daylight to tomorrow.

On first glance. They are almost like twins. Only small things may separate them.

A little bit better AR-coating on VSF cyclops but VSF has more distortion when viewing the date from the side.

CF has by far a more solid bracelet. Also clasp snaps more genlike while VSF has too little tension.

Dial. Cant tell a winner here. Both are great with so small difference you hardly can see a difference when having them side by side.

DW. Both are correct compared to gen. VSF is slightly thicker. But I've seen variance on gen DJ41. I believe the early versions of DJ41 had thinner DW but cant say for sure.

Bezel. I believe CF is slightly wider but only noticable when wearing them side by side. Dont know who's closest to gen in that regard.

Case. Look the same to me.

Rehaut. Not wearing a micro and Im not 20 anymore but both look crisp.

Lugs. Maybe the CF i slightly sharper/genlike but they look very similar.

Movement. I actually dont think the VSF movement feels smoother as some might think. They feel the same but in theory the VSF movement will outlast the CF.

In conclusion. Both are great. If I had to choose one (this is the first day I got the CF) Im not sure which one to pick.

I've owned ARF DJ as well and out of the box CF wins by far as ARF refuse to add a decent DW and cyclops.

It has been an overall improvement of reps during the last 10 years as some seniors knows. It can always get better but dont expect large improvements on newer version now as the known models as they already are VERY close to gen.

the proportions of the bezel look better on the VSF!

Reactions: joshslo86

Bobi01

2/2/19
the proportions of the bezel look better on the VSF!

Yes,cf looks longer and off compared to gen and vsf
Anyway both watches are good,vsf is now closed and clean is definetly way to go instead of arf,this blue dial is extremly close to gen and bracelet and case is amazing

Reactions: KJ2020

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I wonder if the CF can take an oem bezel, they do come up used from time to time, albeit over $700 that i found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
So Clean has released the Wimbledon DJ, only a small amount was released. They will release more after the holidays in China now (gotta love China, they get 1 week Holiday for National day)

Love this colour so will definitely be getting one!

d61abbd8e45968bcc04729ecaa07c503.jpg
1edbb075aa4365c16ea3810dbcf86ebe.jpg

My franken Wimbledon (VSF base) for comparison. All gen parts except case, movement and ARF bracelet. Gen bezel is much thinner then CF bezel. And dial have different grey.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
My franken Wimbledon (VSF base) for comparison. All gen parts except case, movement and ARF bracelet. Gen bezel is much thinner then CF bezel. And dial have different grey.

As long as you don't have the CF in hand it's hard to judge on dial color as it depends on the light. I've seen gen photos of the Wimbledon where the color is exactly the same as in the CF photos shown above.

Reactions: Foxxfire

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
As long as you don't have the CF in hand it's hard to judge on dial color as it depends on the light. I've seen gen photos of the Wimbledon where the color is exactly the same as in the CF photos shown above.

Yes, you are right :) gen dial has a color that changes a lot depending on the light
Here color it's same...

Bobi01

2/2/19
This is really crazy and they are look almost identical,when jiro compared first time vsf with gen dial the difference was obvious and now when he compared clean with gen they were very close… now we comparing vsf and clean and they are almost identical lol

srhoque

28/11/18
This is really crazy and they are look almost identical,when jiro compared first time vsf with gen dial the difference was obvious and now when he compared clean with gen they were very close… now we comparing vsf and clean and they are almost identical lol

Agreed. I can't see any tangible difference in the dial shades between VSF and CF from the pics Akilles posted. VSF stopped DJ41 production because their dial maker got raided. Maybe this parts maker is now working with Clean (because they are the only major factory in the Rolex game now :p)

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Thanks for this great review - is there any major thing where ARF DJ still beats the CF?

looking at the several reviews CF Datejust must be the new best ootb Datejust huh?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
VSF and CF both did a fantastic job making those blue dial but in my opinion when compared to gen dial, CF definitely knocked it out of the park.
If you happen to have VSF in your possession, God bless you.
If you don't, and wanting to find a best blue dial dj41 in the current market? Get CF. ;)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk