• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Its all about the angle of the photo. In this photo you can see how the gen and vsf hands are, they look slanted menawhile clean looks flat.

Reactions: jiro

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Some bonus shots, clean vs gen. Also in this pictures show how awful the white/milky gasket clean uses looks
jUSCMR.jpg
jUSdTv.jpg
jUSTD8.jpg
jUSXqK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ylijumala and jiro

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
My honest opinion
dial isnt closer to gen than vsf,have better black-blue at the same time than vsf but color of the dial is off and too saturated…
case lugs are amazing on clean we must agree
bezel is plated on cf but we dont know how durable it is (if it start to fade than it is not worth and will look even worse than pure steel color)
other thing like hands,crystal ,markers and other thing experts can say

Reactions: jiro and Akilles

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I wouldn't believe a company that used to sell 316l watches as 904 and that put silicone on their gmt bezels that their datejust flutted bezel is wg plated. I think i will just wait for a smooth bezel version.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I wouldn't believe a company that used to sell 316l watches as 904 and that put silicone on their gmt bezels that their datejust flutted bezel is wg plated. I think i will just wait for a smooth bezel version.

From the color bro it definetly looks like wg
is it real or not i dont care as long as plating keeping its color
but we will see in real life

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Still, blue VSF with fluted and jubilee is almost impossible to get and I would choose the Clean over ARF (I've owned one) for many reasons but mostly for never fixing their FAT typo on the DW and bad crystal.

So what does this mean then.. Could Clean actually be the best OOTB Datejust avail from TD right now as it looks? Most likely YES!

So instead of putting all the energy on stating that 100% of the watch looks fake and dirty maybe we could say: Not so bad Clean for a v1!?

Took Noob like 7 versions of creating a DECENT Sub and they are praised today. Even if they didn't lie about the steel they damn sure made some money in other ways.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Maybe I'm not as picky as everyone else, but I'm just not seeing the "issues" people keep talking about. I think this looks pretty cool, and I think everyone is forgetting how small these things are on wrist.

I find that people often forget this, plus we're also in the position where we know it's fake. I think that creates a certain level of paranoia, even small amounts, that then causes people to over analyse and focus on things that would get passed over by the eye ordinarily. This forum is a blessing, but it's also a curse. It makes you nitpick and it ruins some rather nice releases because of tiny errors. I'm as guilty of it as the next... that's the sad thing with the rep community!

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
... we're also in the position where we know it's fake. I think that creates a certain level of paranoia, even small amounts, that then causes people to over analyse and focus on things that would get passed over by the eye ordinarily. This forum is a blessing, but it's also a curse. It makes you nitpick and it ruins some rather nice releases because of tiny errors. I'm as guilty of it as the next... that's the sad thing with the rep community!

This is an insightful post. While some here can point out the most minute anomalies in a rep and irrationally fret over them, the next 1000 people IRL would never see them and if shown the watch, even at a close distance, would most likely comment on what a lovely a timepiece it was.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I find that people often forget this, plus we're also in the position where we know it's fake. I think that creates a certain level of paranoia, even small amounts, that then causes people to over analyse and focus on things that would get passed over by the eye ordinarily. This forum is a blessing, but it's also a curse. It makes you nitpick and it ruins some rather nice releases because of tiny errors. I'm as guilty of it as the next... that's the sad thing with the rep community!

This is a fantastic response. It's all true. A lot of the analysis conducted over fractions of millimeters is truly a side effect of a psychological phenomenon unique to this hobby. You know it's fake, so you search and search and then obsess over findings. The findings then get repeated until it becomes a valid critique.

Mathi90

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/9/21
France
The movement is the Problem. The VS3235 is the best To Franken. My Moder sayed

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
The movement is the Problem. The VS3235 is the best To Franken. My Moder sayed

yes, but now that vsf is gone, vs3235 is not available anymore. so what now?

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Dial printing looks crisp!

I personally dont care how the movement looks as long as it works but you gotta wonder why they take the time to gold plate and Rolex-engrave parts while keeping a rusty ring on the on the outline... thats not gonna fool anyone if opened. Not even an amateur.