• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

amouage

Looking Around
22/1/22
Hello guys. Please tell me or here is V2 hands and V2 bezel ?

IMG-8945-2.jpg

amouage

Looking Around
22/1/22
Just ordered CLEAN factory. Someone told that in Rhodium gray clean goes V2 hands... Its not true ? More opinions please

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hello guys. Please tell me or here is V2 hands and V2 bezel ?

IMG-8945-2.jpg

V2 bezel and v1 hands, imo not big tell on hands but bezel, bezel was more obvious im v1 so dont bother too much about hands bro

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I see your point mate. I would go for Gen honestly (money = value).
its a expensive upgrade but the most effective bringing the watch more gen like, same as WG plating.
it depends on how good your eyes are looking at a high end rep, but Crystals with cyclops (also VSF xtal) are 100% call out for me.
I would agree with you about the crystal but regarding getting it white plated I'm not sure. I've owned a white gold plated bezel and changed it back to stock (steel) bezel on my franken as I personally think it was slightly too orange/yellow. And it will get more orange/yellow as time goes by as white gold does.

Rolex uses a "secret" inhouse mix of metals that would simply be called white gold on most webpages but if you search deeper you'll understand that it's not that simple.

Anyway, it's a matter of taste I guess but take in mind that it will only be plated (and can get scratched off) and that it will get more orange/yellow by time.

On videos I've studied on gens can't see the bezel being that orange as white gold plated I've seen here or hold in my hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01 and jiro

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I would agree with you about the crystal but regarding getting it white plated I'm not sure. I've owned a white gold plated bezel and changed it back to stock (steel) bezel on my franken as I personally think it was slightly too orange/yellow. And it will get more orange/yellow as time goes by as white gold does.

Rolex uses a "secret" inhouse mix of metals that would simply be called white gold on most webpages but if you search deeper you'll understand that it's not that simple.

Anyway, it's a matter of taste I guess but take in mind that it will only be plated (and can get scratched off) and that it will get more orange/yellow by time.

On videos I've studied on gens can't see the bezel being that orange as white gold plated I've seen here or hold in my hand.
Agree mate, you had your bezel WG plated by Nikz right? Interesting to hear about the fade by time. I was not aware of that.

In general, comparing stock bezel colour (CF) with Gen, is there much of a difference noticeable from your point of view?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Agree mate, you had your bezel WG plated by Nikz right? Interesting to hear about the fade by time. I was not aware of that.

In general, comparing stock bezel colour (CF) with Gen, is there much of a difference noticeable from your point of view?

Yes, I bought it in that configuration with WG plating by Nikz (and he's my go-to modder by the way).

I personally would't bother plating the bezel in any metal. My bezel is from VSF but I think CF uses SS as well!? And I think it's great as it is.

Clean DJ is great as it is!! Especially with the new genlike bezel and cyclops glue. But if I would change one thing it would be the crystal.

Last edited:

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
The blue dial one, does it exist with v2 hands? Or it is only on the rhodium one?

Depends on batch CF makes.
I’ve seen blue dial with V2 hands and Wimbledon.
Lately it seems like they pushing slot of V1. Idk why . V1 hands kinda bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinaa108

24/1/22
Can confirm the Gen 605 crown does not fit the crown tube in The CF! Does anybody now what size the thread is on the case side? Is it 2.5mm?

Chinaa108

24/1/22
Just got back my CF DJ41 from service with gen xtal, custom dial and VSF bezel. Now just looking for gen (no lume) hands to complete this :D

Sub007 has non lume hands! Check out the sales area. Not sure if he will break his set, but ask him

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
Just got back my CF DJ41 from service with gen xtal, custom dial and VSF bezel. Now just looking for gen (no lume) hands to complete this :D

jF3kuj.jpg

Why Vsf bezel? Also where did you get the bezel ?

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Sub007 has non lume hands! Check out the sales area. Not sure if he will break his set, but ask him

Oh cool thanks bud! Going to reach out and see if he can split the set and I can get those gen hands! :D

Why Vsf bezel? Also where did you get the bezel ?

Had the V1 bezel that I wasn’t happy with, I was looking for Gen fluted but doesn’t seem like they’re easy to come by. There was one but it had some damage so I passed, I found a VSF bezel being sold on the parts sales thread last week as the next best option!

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
Oh cool thanks bud! Going to reach out and see if he can split the set and I can get those gen hands! :D

Had the V1 bezel that I wasn’t happy with, I was looking for Gen fluted but doesn’t seem like they’re easy to come by. There was one but it had some damage so I passed, I found a VSF bezel being sold on the parts sales thread last week as the next best option!

Thanks.
I meant to ask where the dial from ???? not the bezel. Really like it

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS

I have an extra WG plated ARF bezel if that interest you?

Last edited:

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Thanks.
I meant to ask where the dial from ???? not the bezel. Really like it

The dial I got from a jeweler in Dubai when I was there late last year. I remember couple of sellers may have listed some on eBay a while back but they were very overpriced, not sure if its still there.