• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jiro If I remember correctly, the CF blue dial is better than VSF blue dial, correct? Case equal on both? VSF better crystal and movement? Seems like only upgrade needed for CF is a crystal.

Yes, as far as the Blue "Dial" goes, CF is far better than VSF. I'm not too sure about case shape difference nor do I care.

But yes, VSF had better crystal and movement, otherwise CF has better dial, bracelet and clasp for sure

Reactions: Richard Pryor

DatejustFav

Horology Curious
1/10/19
DE
My crown broke after wearing it just once.
jvDxcF.jpg

Does anyone have advice on what to do?
Have no experience with this kind of stuff.

I had the exact same issue on my CF DJ41 a few days ago, the only solution is to glue the crown back on the stem or get a GEN crown

Last edited:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Masilinho007 On a datejust go for 2.3 for sure! 2.5 is more like for a submariner imo. I strongly think 2.5 will be a fraction too tall and show the gasket in the side profile and have datewheel numbers a teeny-tiny bit larger than I like. 2.3 is perfection.

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
Yes, as far as the Blue "Dial" goes, CF is far better than VSF. I'm not too sure about case shape difference nor do I care.

But yes, VSF had better crystal and movement, otherwise CF has better dial, bracelet and clasp for sure
That’s right.
so if the vsf is better in xtal and no movement why it’s so much hyped vs the clean one?
If movement not a big of an issue and having the VR3235 parts available will you say cf better than the Vsf DJ?
Vsf is so overhyped but I can’t seem to get s straight answer to why people will take it over cf everyday all day

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
That’s right.
so if the vsf is better in xtal and no movement why it’s so much hyped vs the clean one?
If movement not a big of an issue and having the VR3235 parts available will you say cf better than the Vsf DJ?
Vsf is so overhyped but I can’t seem to get s straight answer to why people will take it over cf everyday all day

probably because VSF were so successful with other variations like subs, pams, omegas, etc.....people just assume their DJ41 are better and greater than CF DJ41 as well.

From a person who held and owned both in blue dial, I'd take CF over VSF...i'm sure that will piss off lot of VSF fanboys but VSF blue dial just was wrong where CF excelled with almost identical to gen dial. Not to mention the mediocre bracelet and clasp from VSF where CF's super solid bracelet as well as clasp.

I know it's not a fair comparison as VSF would have fixed most of their flaws if RAID didn't happen. But it is what it is.

As far as DJ41 goes, CF wins against any other rep factories. Period.

Get yourself a gen DW and crystal and you're golden although the movement is still kinda hit or miss but that was also the case with vs3235...so...whatever. lol

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
What do you think about the wimbledon dial from CF compared to gen?

I've never seen it in person so I can't say for sure but it seems to be a well made dial that looks scary close to gen imo.

I'm just not a fan of wimbledon dial tho LOL

Last edited:

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
probably because VSF were so successful with other variations like subs, pams, omegas, etc.....people just assume their DJ41 are better and greater than CF DJ41 as well.

From a person who held and owned both in blue dial, I'd take CF over VSF...i'm sure that will piss off lot of VSF fanboys but VSF blue dial just was wrong where CF excelled with almost identical to gen dial. Not to mention the mediocre bracelet and clasp from VSF where CF's super solid bracelet as well as clasp.

I know it's not a fair comparison as VSF would have fixed most of their flaws if RAID didn't happen. But it is what it is.

As far as DJ41 goes, CF wins against any other rep factories. Period.

Get yourself a gen DW and crystal and you're golden although the movement is still kinda hit or miss but that was also the case with vs3235...so...whatever. lol

Great explanation I appreciate that!

Reactions: crashuid

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
Yes, definitely get a gen or Prof crystal so you can get rid of the milky crystal effect on the clean.

Been searching for a while for either prof or gen xtal. Any tips of where I can source one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GG2019

Patron
Certified
23/12/19
Uk
Having problems with my CF DJ41
removed the crown/stem to remove the movement. Now I can’t change the date,time or wind the watch.. HELP

Hushhh

Horology Curious
15/2/22
France
Good evening everyone I am looking for the best replica of the datejust 41 jubilee black dial. I inquired but I did not find, what are your opinions? thank you in advance

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Good evening everyone I am looking for the best replica of the datejust 41 jubilee black dial. I inquired but I did not find, what are your opinions? thank you in advance

Chief, the DJ41 is probably the most talked about rep (outside the daytona & sub). Many, many opinions already posted.