• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Swiss Crown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/21
Fr
hose who have the dj 41 clean in their hands ..
a question...
what do you think of the movement?
Does it make noise or make vibrations when you move the watch?
thank you guys

Swiss Crown

8/2/21
Fr
yes, cf rotor noise is quite loud.

thank you for your answer ..
I will not take clean because of this.
these one thing that bothers me a lot about reps.
the two vsf i buy are extremely quiet no noise no vibrations.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
yes, cf rotor noise is quite loud.

To be honest the gen 3235 movement itself isn't silent... I think you're being a little paranoid. The 3235 movement is far louder than its predecessor. I've got a gen DJ II and gen DJ41 and the DJ41 is noticeably louder in volume on rotor...

This seems like paranoia for the sake of paranoia.

Swiss Crown

8/2/21
Fr
To be honest the gen 3235 movement itself isn't silent... I think you're being a little paranoid. The 3235 movement is far louder than its predecessor. I've got a gen DJ II and gen DJ41 and the DJ41 is noticeably louder in volume on rotor...

This seems like paranoia for the sake of paranoia.

I already had two gen 3235 one in sub the other in dj I noticed no noise and no vibration.

Reactions: SuperBatman

Swiss Crown

8/2/21
Fr
having a very slight noise and a very slight vibration during the movement of the rotor is normal. but it must remain very light.
otherwise the watch has a problem.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I already had two gen 3235 one in sub the other in dj I noticed no noise and no vibration.

The 3235 movement is built with ball-bearings. They make noise. They are not silent (near silent) like the 3135.

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-caliber-3235/

Gen Sub with 3235 is audible... I think you're expecting too much / deliberately ignoring the noise on the gens. You can hear the rotor. Spin it... 100% that is audible, it's actually one of the complaints on R-forums... that and the timekeeping on the 3235 doesn't seem as good as previous generations. This is due to poor lubrication, you can read about this problem here: (poor lubrication, causes increased noise and also poor timing keeping. The 3235 is a problematic movement, later generations have been "fixed" with more lubrication, so you may have one of those)

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=10419585

and here is a movement breakdown by a Rolex Watchsmith:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664616

The ball-bearings make noise, compared to the 3135 movement... I've not heard a clean DJ in real life yet, mine is on order. But my clean sub is comparable, slightly more audible, but not enough to ruin the watch. Plus, it's exceptionally easy to add some grease and silence the movement.

Reactions: Ylijumala

Swiss Crown

8/2/21
Fr
The 3235 movement is built with ball-bearings. They make noise. They are not silent (near silent) like the 3135.

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-caliber-3235/

Gen Sub with 3235 is audible... I think you're expecting too much / deliberately ignoring the noise on the gens. You can hear the rotor. Spin it... 100% that is audible, it's actually one of the complaints on R-forums... that and the timekeeping on the 3235 doesn't seem as good as previous generations. This is due to poor lubrication, you can read about this problem here: (poor lubrication, causes increased noise and also poor timing keeping. The 3235 is a problematic movement, later generations have been "fixed" with more lubrication, so you may have one of those)

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=10419585

and here is a movement breakdown by a Rolex Watchsmith:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664616

The ball-bearings make noise, compared to the 3135 movement... I've not heard a clean DJ in real life yet, mine is on order. But my clean sub is comparable, slightly more audible, but not enough to ruin the watch. Plus, it's exceptionally easy to add some grease and silence the movement.

thank you for this friendly little watchmaking course.
but adding grease sometimes doesn't hurt.
a friend did on a daytona noob v4 and it hardly changes anything. the replica ball bearing has too many games which create this famous noise and this very unpleasant vibration.
the gen don't have such an important game. the noise is therefore less.
the 4130 (gen) also has a ball bearing rotor.
and yet no noise and no excessive vibration.
I repeat that must always make a slight noise but as you say if it gets too loud then it becomes embarrassing. thank you for this constructive exchange my friend.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Maybe the 3235 has those issues but I’ve got the 3230 sub. Set the time last spring, it’s not even a minute off from atomic time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

It doesn't vibrate. but it is definitely louder than other 3235 movement I've had rep or gen.

NOT a deal breaker tho. You should still give it a shot, just for that beautiful dial.

It really is the best OOTB dj41 at the moment with vsf out of the game.

Swiss Crown

8/2/21
Fr
It doesn't vibrate. but it is definitely louder than other 3235 movement I've had rep or gen.

NOT a deal breaker tho. You should still give it a shot, just for that beautiful dial.

It really is the best OOTB dj41 at the moment with vsf out of the game.

Thanks you for this advice and this feedback.
which dial are you talking about? blue.
yes i agree with vsf in off these definitely the best.
but apparently the rumors say that vsf is back soon in 2022.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Did anyone receive their wimbledon dial yet? My TD told that CF isn't delivering them at the moment