• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Compare color to gen

Unless you compare them side by side under the same lighting conditions it won't tell you much, especially given the ugly indoor lights in TDs QC pics. This is the kind of dial that can look as well black as silver depending on light

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
Took delivery today! My first jubilee. Overall impression is B+/A-. Like any rolex, this too needs a gen crystal +/- datewheel. I'm otherwise smitten.

One thing I'll mention is that some people have been critical of the bezel due to differences between the CF and the franken VSF in recent posts. I believe someone earlier in the thread claimed the two have the same diameter when measured with calipers -- I am fairly certain that the differences we see is due to the outer bevel angle rather than differences in the size of the bezel. And if you compare to various gen pictures on the internet, the CF is more accurate compared to the VSF -- the outer bevel is more vertical like the CF.

Anyways, again, I am happy with this. I have a gen crystal and datewheel to install, and I think things will be near perfect after that.

51620015353_03b72aa8e3_b.jpg

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
^ That looks great but I'm just not a jubilee or fluted bezel guy, Ordered a smooth bezel Oyster from Andrew about a week ago, QC pics already received and approved. Prolly have it by end of November. Your watch is stunning tho, but mine will be stunninger. LOL. :thumbsup:

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Has anyone tried to put a gen dial and bezel on one of these yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Took delivery today! My first jubilee. Overall impression is B+/A-. Like any rolex, this too needs a gen crystal +/- datewheel. I'm otherwise smitten.

One thing I'll mention is that some people have been critical of the bezel due to differences between the CF and the franken VSF in recent posts. I believe someone earlier in the thread claimed the two have the same diameter when measured with calipers -- I am fairly certain that the differences we see is due to the outer bevel angle rather than differences in the size of the bezel. And if you compare to various gen pictures on the internet, the CF is more accurate compared to the VSF -- the outer bevel is more vertical like the CF.

Anyways, again, I am happy with this. I have a gen crystal and datewheel to install, and I think things will be near perfect after that.

51620015353_03b72aa8e3_b.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Whats your conclusion about the bezel plating? Would you recommend plating to make it more gen look like or is the CF bezel plating quite good?

mistermagoo

9/8/17
Thanks for the info! Ordered one a couple weeks ago blindly, waiting for QC still. Will post here if there is interest for them. Promo pics look ok tho. Rehaut seems a little weak, but that seems to be a common problem lately.

Yeah, it's the dial I'd like to see more of tbh. It looks a tad dark in those pics.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Looks really good tbh, but the bezel does look too big... maybe it's just in pictures. What do you think in real life?

Jakeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
EU
Okay bud Robi01 Here you go ;)

Please pardon my non-steady hands for few blurry shots.

Left Franken Right CF

Spec on Franken for reference (vsf with gen dial, hands, d/w, xtal and crown)

jIaxxS.jpg

jIabdW.jpg

jIa0IP.jpg

jIaSZJ.jpg

jIaclL.jpg

Bonus lumeshot
jIaVWQ.jpg
CF Dial is amazing, but the case and bezel looks kind of oversized.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
CF Dial is amazing, but the case and bezel looks kind of oversized.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with CF case. My CF case was at least as genlike as my VSF. When it comes to bezel the CF looked slightly bigger than VSF when holding side by side. I never measured so it could have been the angle of the bezel as well and not the actual size.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Coming up on 6 weeks since I ordered mine. Anyone else’s taking this long to get??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
me.

Customs in China these days look twice and three times on export packages with those goods.
Wait.

Concerning since I ordered another watch a couple days before this one and I’ve had it for more than 2 weeks.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Concerning since I ordered another watch a couple days before this one and I’ve had it for more than 2 weeks.

Well thats the business. Some packages may have to be shipped 2 or 3 times before passing CN customs, otherspass directly at the first time:)