• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Not sure if it has been posted on Reddit yet but I spoke with Patrick who made the Xing Pepsi bezel and he told me is coming out with a Platinum plated DJ41 bezel

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Not sure if it has been posted on Reddit yet but I spoke with Patrick who made the Xing Pepsi bezel and he told me is coming out with a Platinum plated DJ41 bezel
And this ladies and gentlemen is why I say Reddit is full of clowns. The misinformation is astounding

@RollyAP hang out here more, you’re much better off than in that awful place.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
And this ladies and gentlemen is why I say Reddit is full of clowns. The misinformation is astounding

I'm aware that Platinum is not the correct metal compared to the white gold on the gen to plate the bezel in but I'm merely relaying what Patrick told me.

I'm no plating expert but I'm holding judgment until I see what it looks like on a Datejust

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21

I'm aware there a lot of clowns on Reddit but I spoke with Patrick outside of Reddit. The only reason I mentioned Reddit was that I thought Patrick would release information on Reddit first but I don't follow him religiously and not sure if he had already said anything about it there

m221

Known Member
30/7/15
Is this normal for CF blue dial to look purplish under harsh artificial indoor light, outdoor it looks perfectly fine and true blue ? My clasp code is ORV , is this a real CF, has cf changed blue dial color ?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Is this normal for CF blue dial to look purplish under harsh artificial indoor light, outdoor it looks perfectly fine and true blue ? My clasp code is ORV , is this a real CF, has cf changed blue dial color ?

my CF was definitely not purple

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
So there is a lot of discussions about the blue and rhodium dials but what about the white dial?

I know the sunburst effect is not as good on reps as gen so I figured the white and black dial would be more "gen like". How is the Clean V2 white dial regarded? I personally think it looks amazing and thinking of getting it. Anything I should know?

dsc_8090_7.jpg

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

This is a CFv1 hand set, and likely older dial. The blues and purples come and go, it changes with lighting (on the gen also) so impossible to call it wrong: it’s dynamic.

For reference, below is gen, CF, VSF and Gen. IN the CF….. (notice the gen goes from deep blue, to almost a slate grey/blue, to almost a purple/blue/black, and in some likes has a hue of green to it)

Man_pete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/14
EU
Hi All

Just recently got a Clean DJ41 and have been reading up on it and deciding what what I want to have done to make it closer to gen

Gone through all 123 pages of this thread and it has been really helpful so thank you all that contributed

There are few things that are unclear to me that I would really appreciate input on from the experts.

First it’s regarding what Version I have of Bezel, hands and crystal?

I would really appreciate to not get an answer like “ if you can’t see it does it matter”

I just like to know what I have in my hands and like I said I have gone through all pages of this thread and know what to look for ( more beveled outer edges on bezel, shorter lume on seconds hand and so on)

But I am still a little uncertain, I think I know but would really appreciate input on bezel, hands and crystal. And taking of crystal it doesn’t have the LEC, I thought they should all have LEC?

And then I would be thankful is somebody could inform me on what is needed to make a gen crown fit the clean DJ41?

because many pages back in this thread it was stated that gen crown doesn’t fit, but then I’m also sure that I have seen somewhere a franken clean DJ with gen crown

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Hi All

Just recently got a Clean DJ41 and have been reading up on it and deciding what what I want to have done to make it closer to gen

Gone through all 123 pages of this thread and it has been really helpful so thank you all that contributed

There are few things that are unclear to me that I would really appreciate input on from the experts.

First it’s regarding what Version I have of Bezel, hands and crystal?

I would really appreciate to not get an answer like “ if you can’t see it does it matter”

I just like to know what I have in my hands and like I said I have gone through all pages of this thread and know what to look for ( more beveled outer edges on bezel, shorter lume on seconds hand and so on)

But I am still a little uncertain, I think I know but would really appreciate input on bezel, hands and crystal. And taking of crystal it doesn’t have the LEC, I thought they should all have LEC?

And then I would be thankful is somebody could inform me on what is needed to make a gen crown fit the clean DJ41?

because many pages back in this thread it was stated that gen crown doesn’t fit, but then I’m also sure that I have seen somewhere a franken clean DJ with gen crown
This bezel, hand set and crystal are all V2, but honestly if you can’t tell I could be lying. Does it matter? Not being a dick, asking genuinely.

Also, if you have lime on your seconds hand, you may have an issue. Short or long lume on seconds hand is not what you meant, I know lol.

To install a Gen. Crown you need a gen tube, which does not screw right in. You’ll need the proper tap set, rethread the hole, and chamfer the ends as the gen tune has a small angled portion that needs room in the case, thus the chamfer.

Edit: that chamfer may be triplock only, it’s been a while. Regardless you’ll need the threads done, as the CF tube won’t accept the gen crown. I have the taps for both 600 and 700 tubes (DJ and sport watches) and it’s not hard to do, but based on the questions you’ve asked I’ll assume you may be best served having it done for you.

Last edited:

Man_pete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/14
EU
This bezel, hand set and crystal are all V2, but honestly if you can’t tell I could be lying. Does it matter? Not being a dick, asking genuinely.

Also, if you have lime on your seconds hand, you may have an issue. Short or long lume on seconds hand is not what you meant, I know lol.

To install a Gen. Crown you need a gen tube, which does not screw right in. You’ll need the proper tap set, rethread the hole, and chamfer the ends as the gen tune has a small angled portion that needs room in the case, thus the chamfer.
Thanks a lot for very helpful answer
Yes you could be lying but I don’t think you are😊 it was the same as I thought about bezel and hands, wasn’t 100% sure and decided to ask more experienced members so thank you again🙏

But what about the crystal missing the LEC?

Good to know about the crown and tube, Excellent info👍🏻

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
This is allegedly the Clean V2 on Mirotime. I've learned from this thread that you should not be able to see the minute marker reflections on the Clean V2 bezel but one obviously can. I don't even find this "milky ring" issue as prevalent here? Have they done any updates or am I missing something here?

a1661317365993_8366.jpg

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Seeing the reflection on the rehaut is a product of lighting and polish. It has nothing to do with which one is which. You can’t possibly discern from this pic anything but the fact that the rehaut looks more gen than the VS Z66 and Z80 cases I’ve compared to my CFv2 (under a microscope) BECAUSE the reflection is good.