• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
Hi guys,

I just got my QC pics, and it seems the DJ is all v2. However, the cyclops looks to be crooked and has leftover glue on it and the engraving on the band seems off, specifically "GENE VA" and "STEEL INOX" and the oval surrounding "ROLEX SA" . Thanks in advance for any inputs :)

Reactions: McDuck888

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
That watch looks great and nit picking the inside of the clasp which will never be seen is not my style, I’d take that watch.

But it’s your money.

Edit: I just checked mine, which has been worn more than anything else in the last 2 months, and yes the engravings are better BUT I can’t really see them because it turns out I still have the plastic on inside my clasp. Also my code is Z5D.

Illustrating how little the inside of the clasp is seen on my most frequented wrist warrior.

Food for thought.

Last edited:

NPD

7/2/22
EU
Quick question: anyone got a CF DJ41 with clasp code 7QE? Can't seem to find any other CF DJ41s in the forum with this clasp code, which is making me question the provenance.

Jonathann

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
Quick question: anyone got a CF DJ41 with clasp code 7QE? Can't seem to find any other CF DJ41s in the forum with this clasp code, which is making me question the provenance.
Might not help you all too much but I've gone through 7 days worth of QC on Reddit looking at Datejust's codes:

7QE - 36mm GMF Datejust (black dial) Jubilee
7QE - 36mm GMF Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (green dial) Jubilee x2
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (rhodium dial) Jubilee
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
0RV - 41mm Clean Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
Z5D - 41mm Clean Datejust (green dial) Jubliee
Z5D - 41mm Clean Datejust (Wimbledon dial) Jubliee

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
WOW it looks really amazing. Mine is on the way, please post a few photos where you can show the sun effect.

Reactions: k.stoichkov

NPD

7/2/22
EU
Might not help you all too much but I've gone through 7 days worth of QC on Reddit looking at Datejust's codes:

7QE - 36mm GMF Datejust (black dial) Jubilee
7QE - 36mm GMF Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (green dial) Jubilee x2
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (rhodium dial) Jubilee
K6G - 41mm VSF Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
0RV - 41mm Clean Datejust (blue dial) Jubilee
Z5D - 41mm Clean Datejust (green dial) Jubliee
Z5D - 41mm Clean Datejust (Wimbledon dial) Jubliee

Certainly helps! Going to reach out to my watchmaker to ask why my Clean DJ41 franken build came in with 7QE clasp. You kind of confirmed my research that clasp and watch do not match.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Wanted to add some more pix of my CF with the newest VSF next to it. Keep in mind I’ve now had the CF V2, JDF/GMF, and now VSF versions in the last 3 months. I was thinking of changing gears and using the VSF as the franken base, and I’ve changed my mind.

I truly feel the CF is a nicer watch. Yes mine has a gen crystal, but besides that, the dial color, lume color, and bracelet are all better on the CF.

The rehaut looks so much better on the CF in person, and the VSF dial is dusty.

The VSF is no slouch, but the CF is just so nice. Also, you’ll notice the blue reflection on the VSF cyclops, and the gen crystal shows the same light source causing a white reflection.

The JDF/GMF’s bracelet felt more substantial and is indeed heavier. I alsmost wish I hadn’t traded that watch. I already had the CF dial for it too lol. I may even get another just for the heft. It’s not proper gen weight, it’s more, but it feels nice.

I saw Steve’s multi watch review after I bought the JDF/GMF and chose the CF from that, and that had the V1 CF. The V2 is certainly better as we all know and have discussed at length in this thread.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in the small details, here’s the pix….

***EDIT: after posting I realize they are not in order, not sure how to make the same pix next to each other***

***ALSO: the rehaut and close ups, look at the plastic on the lugs, that’s the VSF. But it’s obvious which is the CF based on the finish of the rehaut, it’s beautiful in comparison to the VSF***

Last edited:

Exilimx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/22
Germany
Regarding clean and the vr3235 movement: How about the rotor feeling of the movement. I heard it‘s feeling sandy and Not smooth pretty often. Is that correct?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Regarding clean and the vr3235 movement: How about the rotor feeling of the movement. I heard it‘s feeling sandy and Not smooth pretty often. Is that correct?
I have had in hand, or currently have in hand, 8-10 VS3235 and VR3235 movements. All of which I have seen no odd noises nor gritty feeling in manual function and auto function. (Meaning setting, winding, and when the rotor spins)

4-5 recent VR3135’s as well and no issues I can report.

I suppose the take away here is this: when someone has a negative experience they tell an average of 10 people. When someone has a positive experience they tell an average of 3 people. Meaning it’s more likely you’ll hear negative feedback and much less likely you hear positive. But I assure you there are far more positive experiences that are yet unheard.

Reactions: mrln and e1phantom

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I have had in hand, or currently have in hand, 8-10 VS3235 and VR3235 movements. All of which I have seen no odd noises nor gritty feeling in manual function and auto function. (Meaning setting, winding, and when the rotor spins)

4-5 recent VR3135’s as well and no issues I can report.

I suppose the take away here is this: when someone has a negative experience they tell an average of 10 people. When someone has a positive experience they tell an average of 3 people. Meaning it’s more likely you’ll hear negative feedback and much less likely you hear positive. But I assure you there are far more positive experiences that are yet unheard.
I have a hybrid.

VSF Case, Crystal and hands. Cf dial and movement, plus the cf bracelet and clasp.

I am very happy with it.

Thanks again @Bobi01 he's very picky with the details and this one he nailed on the head 😂

• Love
Reactions: Bobi01

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I got a pretty nice example rehautwise. Very nicely polished, good engraving. On par with my noob Daytona.

Only mod I will do is plate the bezel.

Reactions: chrisomatic