• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

nvzblity

Looking Around
17/6/21
Fam, similar to the user few posts above, requested a mint green CFv2 DJ41 and just received the QC pics below.

Could I ask for your thoughts on whether this has v2 hands, crystal, bezel? Minute hand looks like v1 to me but perhaps I'm wrong. Thanks in advance for 2nd pairs of eyes on this.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I'll be damned, you're right, hands look V1 indeed. I was convinced the mint green was all V2.

Reactions: nvzblity

Texassboy

Horology Curious
21/8/22
It probably needs the movement or rotor tightened down. Nothing crazy, easily fixed and can happen to anything (rep or gen)

If you were local I’d have you swing by and if tighten her up for ya. Find who’s local to you
Thanks Seadweller. I think you are right. The Gens have the same issues from what I have read on the internet.

techno89

12/9/12
So here's my question.

I have a white dial CF DJ41, but gen white dials are cheap. Sub $300 cheap.

Would it make more sense to sell this and use a VSF base and have the dial swapped if I wanted to go gen dial? It seems to be my understanding the VSF is a better base for gen parts.

Here is a pic for attention:

Last edited: