• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

k.stoichkov

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/16
In the spirit of recent comments i would like to ask, what is the acceptable price range for gen crystal and do you need a gen gasket as well to fit in CF 41? :)

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Looks like V2 crystal, hands I'd say V2, too... Dunno about the bezel. For me it'd be a GL if it wasn't for that awful... Just kidding. Nice watch!

Rosstopher

16/7/20
UK
Is it still the majority opinion that the CF v2 case is closer to gen than the VSF? I've got a VSF that I'll be getting modded with some genuine parts I've been collecting and I was considering buying a CF v2 case and using the VSF movement.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
Is it still the majority opinion that the CF v2 case is closer to gen than the VSF? I've got a VSF that I'll be getting modded with some genuine parts I've been collecting and I was considering buying a CF v2 case and using the VSF movement.

I believe you are thinking in the right direction...

Reportedly, CF´s case is closer to gen than VSF´s -- I´ve read many fellow members mention the lugs as a CF advantage/close to gen.

Consensus also states that VSF is the way to go in term of movement - true 3235 clone.

One minor detail you've got to take into consideration if you're nitpick is which bezel version you're going with (fluted or smooth), as CF has always engraved their DJ41 fluted bezel between lugs with the DJ41 Smooth bezel model number.

Reactions: Rosstopher

Rosstopher

16/7/20
UK

Reportedly, CF´s case is closer to gen than VSF´s -- I´ve read many fellow members mention the lugs as a CF advantage/close to gen.

Consensus also states that VSF is the way to go in term of movement - true 3235 clone.

One minor detail you've got to take into consideration if you're nitpick is which bezel version you're going with (fluted or smooth), as CF has always engraved their DJ41 fluted bezel between lugs with the DJ41 Smooth bezel model number.
Thank you for the comprehensive response.

That's lucky about the engraving, as I've bought a genuine smooth bezel for the build. It looks like now the mission to find a CF case starts.

chrisomatic

22/6/15

VSF DJ has an updated and perfect case. CF Crystal replacement (even v2) is a MUST. VSF Xtal is quite perfect since they even improved the distortion „issue“.

• Haha
Reactions: watchfan109

Rosstopher

16/7/20
UK
VSF DJ has an updated and perfect case. CF Crystal replacement (even v2) is a MUST. VSF Xtal is quite perfect since they even improved the distortion „issue“.
Ooooh how long has the VSF updated case been out? Is there any way to identify it in QC photos?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have shown several watchmakers working with the gen cf V2 and VSF last batch, and they all have stated that the VSF case is much more refined and gen like. It can be seen with the naked eye by placing them next to each other. Keep the VSF case and movement for your franken!

Reactions: chrisomatic

Bigsmasher

Certified
1/9/22
Any feedback on the new color mint green? Thanks
Last night I asked Li from Jtime if CF recently updated their mint green color dial and he said No recent updates have been made to the color for the green dial.

I really want the mint green but Im leaning towards blue dial because its closer to the gen color.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Last night I asked Li from Jtime if CF recently updated their mint green color dial and he said No recent updates have been made to the color for the green dial.

I really want the mint green but Im leaning towards blue dial because its closer to the gen color.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Closer than you think. I have the gen mint green, and it looks a lot like clean’s. I’m thinking about getting one and put gen xtal & datewheel on it…

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
The difference is visible in the white gold parts and also the gen bracelet has more shine

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Agreed thats it’s pretty dam close. You can see a stronger sunburst in gen but it’s minuscule. You could say ootb is good enough. Said my piece

R0N4LD0

Horology Curious
13/12/20
From the view of a vsf: Worth it to change the bracelet and dial to cf?