• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I had to dig, it’s like post numbers 1680 and 1890 but here’s the images again that I find most useful, the hands pix I posted…

Thank you my friend, very helpful. Regarding the cyclops, what is it specifically to look for? Thanks!

I am guessing this is the new hands, bezel and cyclops:
i1660376892_5882_3.jpg

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
V2 hands and bezel yes, and like like v2 crystal but others can correct me if I’m seeing it wrong.

As for the Cyclops edge: flat on top and bottom, curved on sides. These lines look larger and whiter, which is the proclaimed glue. See the pix I posted above, the new Cyclops has thicker edges.

Reactions: bombina

Orich121

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/19
Denmark
Hi everyone
I just got my 2nd round of QC control, and this time the DJ seems to be all v2, and no milkyring. But im not sure about hands are they v2 or v1?, can anyone confirm?
@Seadwellermike you really seem to know what ur talking about. due to posts above thanks for that!.

Qoqa

22/2/21
Looks like V2 to me !

Very nice watch, looking for the green at the moment

Orich121

3/8/19
Denmark
Def V2 bud.
Also what i thought and thanks for the repley, ill accept from Jtime.
Only little problem i got is that the dial lignup is a bit misplaced to the left, i asked if that could be fixed. if not ill accept it and get it done at a local watch smith.

platiinum

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Hi, i was wondering if any1 have ordered a DJ 41 with the rhodium (grey) dial recently and if its all V2. Im really close to make a purchase of one but i really want it to be v2. On Jtimes site it looks like v2 when watching pics.
Thankful for replies

Boonface

3/8/22
Hi, i was wondering if any1 have ordered a DJ 41 with the rhodium (grey) dial recently and if its all V2. Im really close to make a purchase of one but i really want it to be v2. On Jtimes site it looks like v2 when watching pics.
Thankful for replies
Mate you will just need to buy it and then have a look at the QC pics when it’s ready for delievery to you... at that point you can check if it’s v2

Eduardo_EKM

Horology Curious
30/6/22
I have DJ41 vsf, and the crystal is not desired, where is better crystal - vsf or clean? my experience of other replicas shows that non-original crystal has worse clarity, like in my vsf and others, I'm wondering if it's worth replacing on gen crystal?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Just go Gen, they are readily available and it’s the final upgrade as opposed to a small step toward perfection. Why spend 200-300 twice and possibly be disappointed? Just spend 400-500 now and be done for good. There is nothing more Gen looking than Gen.

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I have DJ41 vsf, and the crystal is not desired, where is better crystal - vsf or clean? my experience of other replicas shows that non-original crystal has worse clarity, like in my vsf and others, I'm wondering if it's worth replacing on gen crystal?
The new VSF Datejust batch has extremly good Crystal, almost as good as gen, no need to upgrade.

V2 CF Crystal lacks AR, so definitly an upgrade needed compared to gen

Eduardo_EKM

Horology Curious
30/6/22
Just go Gen, they are readily available and it’s the final upgrade as opposed to a small step toward perfection. Why spend 200-300 twice and possibly be disappointed? Just spend 400-500 now and be done for good. There is nothing more Gen looking than Gen.
is the difference really noticeable if i change xtal on gen? By the way, has anyone had the experience of going into a Rolex store with a replica, if they see a replica on their hand, could there be sanctions? it is interesting to compare xtal on vsf and gen

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Gen def hits different. The edges, the clarity, the cyclops, it’s all different. In some cases people like the rep crystals (or prof 2xAR crystals) better. It’s a personal choice, but if Gen watches are the goal then Gen parts are the only choice in my opinion.

As for wearing a rep into an AD: that’s just poor form, and whatever comes of it is on you. Could they feel some type of way about counterfeit hood of the originals they sell being in their store? Yup. Could you blame them? Nope.

But, depending on the laws of possession counterfeit items in your municipality, it’s likely not to be legal ramifications.

Eduardo_EKM

Horology Curious
30/6/22
Gen def hits different. The edges, the clarity, the cyclops, it’s all different. In some cases people like the rep crystals (or prof 2xAR crystals) better. It’s a personal choice, but if Gen watches are the goal then Gen parts are the only choice in my opinion.

As for wearing a rep into an AD: that’s just poor form, and whatever comes of it is on you. Could they feel some type of way about counterfeit hood of the originals they sell being in their store? Yup. Could you blame them? Nope.

But, depending on the laws of possession counterfeit items in your municipality, it’s likely not to be legal ramifications.
thanks! Whay means 2xAR crystals, what is AR?