• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF 36mm new explorer 1

tedit

Supporter
12/3/18
Haha pls do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
The time crown turning direction of the this 3230 movement to adjust time is opposite of the gen, and have 2 crown position instead of 1, the only good thing is the 3 days reserve.
Honestly I would rather have a 2824/2836 movement for the ease of repair.

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
The time crown turning direction of the this 3230 movement to adjust time is opposite of the gen, and have 2 crown position instead of 1, the only good thing is the 3 days reserve.
Honestly I would rather have a 2824/2836 movement for the ease of repair.

another reason to wait for a BP 36mm

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I reject this one and wait for other factories, hands were wrong as we all knew but what do you guys think about the gap at SEL.

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Probably not for the reasons that keeping getting mentioned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly! I’m disappointed because I was so excited for the new 36mm explorer to be repped but for now all we have is incorrect hands. Oh well, it’s all a waiting game with the rep world I guess!

marketman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/07
Wow! After reading some of these posts, I no longer consider myself OCD. Can’t help but think about the saying concerning wine. A good wine is one that you like. I think the same thinking should apply to watches. Listen guys. Don’t get me wrong. I know many of you are real zealots when it comes to accurate reproductions. I really do get it. So carry on and to each his own.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
another reason to wait for a BP 36mm

You guys say this as if it was 100% going to happen. I've been in this business long enough to know that you can't possibly know. If you like the new Explorer, this is your only option (if you want one now). If BP releases a version of their own, with 2824 clone or whatever, we'll see (BP isn't a superb maker, their bracelets are lacking, their SELs are really inconsistent, although it's a great value brand).

I think this one is a great option. The only concern right now should be where to source a set of replacement hands. It's a bit difficult as you would need small mercedes hands, and I don't think we know the hole sizes of this movement, do we? Has anyone got any ideas on that?

Reactions: cap923

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
to me the hands are whatever but the whole reason i liked the new 36mm was the taper to 14mm at the clasp this one is 16mm if I'm not wrong. That's the dealbreaker for me

Hang on, is that confirmed? So it means not only hands are wrong, but clasp too as it should be a 14mm clasp instead of a regular 16mm clasp, right?

Reactions: axel.gold

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Hang on, is that confirmed? So it means not only hands are wrong, but clasp too as it should be a 14mm clasp instead of a regular 16mm clasp, right?

Feel free to correct me but as far as I know yes. Bark and jack’s video stated that it was a 14mm clasp on trusty it says 16 though

BenneBoii

Horology Curious
30/8/20

Mine arrived today. Here are some pictures and measurements. First impression. LOVE the 36mm explorer, perfect watch imo. The bracelet is poor at best, I think the case is from the OP(?) and the hands (which I do not care about) are to big. OK watch over all

Tete

4/11/16
I think this Ewf Explorer 36 is wonderful, no rep is 1: 1, this one has flaws too, just enjoy the watch if you like it. BP has its horrible cases and far from gen. I prefer big hands but a 90% case like gen. Ewf getting better and better.

BenneBoii

Horology Curious
30/8/20
I think this Ewf Explorer 36 is wonderful, no rep is 1: 1, this one has flaws too, just enjoy the watch if you like it. BP has its horrible cases and far from gen. I prefer big hands but a 90% case like gen. Ewf getting better and better.

100% agree. I've ordered a handmade suede leather strap for it since I LOVE the watch itself and I will happily wear it. Cheers my guy.

Reactions: Tete