• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II - Need Help Identifying Model

Timandre22185

Horology Curious
22/8/21
I’m new to the forum, but have been researching the explorer II ICHS Swiss ETA 2836. I’ve been in contact with Andrew from trusty time, but need some help on the specific model I found. In talking to Andrew, he said this model isn’t sourced from a specific factory, so I’m trying to find out if there is a way to find out more info on it. I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find anything. Below is info from the listing.
ROLEXP2033 - 2011 Explorer II 42mm White

2011 Explorer II Ultimate Version!!!Made with a Genuine Watch Fully Dissected... Blue Superlumed Dial and Needles!!! 1 : 1 Rep... Immediate Delivery!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m new to the forum, but have been researching the explorer II ICHS Swiss ETA 2836. I’ve been in contact with Andrew from trusty time, but need some help on the specific model I found. In talking to Andrew, he said this model isn’t sourced from a specific factory, so I’m trying to find out if there is a way to find out more info on it. I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find anything. Below is info from the listing.
ROLEXP2033 - 2011 Explorer II 42mm White

2011 Explorer II Ultimate Version!!!Made with a Genuine Watch Fully Dissected... Blue Superlumed Dial and Needles!!! 1 : 1 Rep... Immediate Delivery!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post a link

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

This product was added to our catalog on Friday 27 April, 2012

Clasp code - PJ1 usually indicates BP factory

This listing was made nine years ago and Trusty does not (often) update his listings, so it's highly unlikely this exact model is still available. IDK of any current Rolex reps that are still made with the sandblasted (textured) and black letter clasps, for example.

BP does still make this model, here are some more current listings for it.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...ption=1&keyword=ROLEXP+216+BP+White&x=26&y=27

The JF was a nice model except the bezel 12 numeral had a crooked base on the 2. It's probably not available anymore.

There are a lot of threads about this model rep, you should read some before buying one. Noobs were great for a few years but recent ones had grey hour markers due to lume issues, then later Noob went to silver marker surrounds (never in gen Polar 216570) because of that issue.

You should also read the thread linked below so you know what movement you are buying.

GMT Movements Explained

My BP
16086803215330.jpg

Timandre22185

Horology Curious
22/8/21
Thank you for all of the information. I know this question could be off putting, but if I want an Explorer II and reliability is priority, would you recommend one model above all? I assume ICHS appears to be the way to go to steer clear from the timebomb clone mvmt. Also, I would like to purchase directly from a TD, so they would need to be available now.

Your BP looks amazing, any drawbacks to yours?

I’ve read so much that I can’t tell which was is up anymore.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Only the BP is available form TDs, nothing else. I tried to get a JF v3 to transplant the dial into my BP but no luck.

My BP came with grey lume and very light orange Explorer II. After three months of ownership (and I wear it daily), the Explorer II is nearly readable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
06a75265e465b5ad12e9394129aeb34a.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but you can see the Explorer II is now yellowish at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Are you sure KJ yours is a BP? I could swear it is a noob….

I can't attest to the origin of the dial bro. The whole watch was extensively refurbished and then sold to me as a BP.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I can't attest to the origin of the dial bro. The whole watch was extensively refurbished and then sold to me as a BP.

Well, it is not only the dial, even the bezel has thicker numbers, very close to gen.

Anyway, you got a very nice one! My search to improve mine continues :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Better outside picture of my BP

835bcb0925b0dd3dd26910cfe96957d5.jpg

Now that you mention it, my dial does look more like an old Noob than a BP. In particular, the crown is a good ID reference, looking at the thread below. Damn these dials have all gone way downhill over the years. The JF dial still looks good but I doubt it can be sourced anymore.

Timandre22185 I would try to get a JF and live with the bezel flaw or source a other bezel. The dial is much harder to get.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ar-vs-noob-chs

jLpppI.jpg

jLpCFc.jpg

Last edited:

Timandre22185

Horology Curious
22/8/21
Only the BP is available form TDs, nothing else. I tried to get a JF v3 to transplant the dial into my BP but no luck.

My BP came with grey lume and very light orange Explorer II. After three months of ownership (and I wear it daily), the Explorer II is nearly readable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I’m learning that seeing a specific watch on a TDs website and showing up as available doesn’t mean it’s actually available.

So to be clear, it’s really BP or nothing if you’re buying directly from a TD.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Also the spacing on the BP in between the Oyster Perpetual and Explorer II is way to small, nearly touching each other.

The dial on the JF is very good I think. But good luck sourcing a JF or a replacement dial. I have been trying with no luck til now.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I guess I’m learning that seeing a specific watch on a TDs website and showing up as available doesn’t mean it’s actually available.

So to be clear, it’s really BP or nothing if you’re buying directly from a TD.

Sadly. And m2m you have to be quick. You blink and they are gone (this is why I don’t understand why no factory produces it - same high demand in GEN, they are now trading 2x retail and the wait list is in years)

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Thoughts would be to do your own homework here so that you will know how to choose the best watch for you.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

kevin300z

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/06
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 27 April, 2012

Clasp code - PJ1 usually indicates BP factory

This listing was made nine years ago and Trusty does not (often) update his listings, so it's highly unlikely this exact model is still available. IDK of any current Rolex reps that are still made with the sandblasted (textured) and black letter clasps, for example.

BP does still make this model, here are some more current listings for it.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...hite&x=26&y=27

The JF was a nice model except the bezel 12 numeral had a crooked base on the 2. It's probably not available anymore.

There are a lot of threads about this model rep, you should read some before buying one. Noobs were great for a few years but recent ones had grey hour markers due to lume issues, then later Noob went to silver marker surrounds (never in gen Polar 216570) because of that issue.

You should also read the thread linked below so you know what movement you are buying.

GMT Movements Explained

My BP
16086803215330.jpg

Is this the JF that you referred KJ2020? My Explorer II died the other day, sad face.
If so don't think its CHS?
Search Results -> Explorer II JF : Trusty Time Watch, Your Trusty Watch Shop

Last edited: