• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JVS 126610 S3235....Fake VSF???

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The "black hole" effect is the effect of not seeing the date / dial when you look at the cyclops lens from a medium sideways angle. Instead of seeing the date or dial, all you see is blackness, like you're staring into the void. These pics show that effect:

Thank you for taking the time to reply in details, however I think you are misunderstanding what the black hole effect is. Actually none of the pictures that I saw was showing it, that's why I was asking you. The blackhole effect on Rolex crystals is due to the fact that there is only AR on the cyclop but not on the rest of the crystal. therefore at certain angles when the crystal reflects light, the cyclop doesn't and it looks like the cyclop is sucking in light, i.e a blackhole.

Here's an example, from a pic with a prof Blackhole xtal

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Thank you for taking the time to reply in details, however I think you are misunderstanding what the black hole effect is. Actually none of the pictures that I saw was showing it, that's why I was asking you. The blackhole effect on Rolex crystals is due to the fact that there is only AR on the cyclop but not on the rest of the crystal. therefore at certain angles when the crystal reflects light, the cyclop doesn't and it looks like the cyclop is sucking in light, i.e a blackhole.

Here's an example, from a pic with a prof Blackhole xtal

Great explanation, finally I get to know what exactly is a blackhole effect.
So in this sense, the 126610 won't have a blackhole effect then since the sapphire has AR on the back side?

Tobel

6/7/17
So in this sense, the 126610 won't have a blackhole effect then since the sapphire has AR on the back side?

That's a good question, I guess it wouldn't or not as pronounced if the crystal does not reflect light. Anyone with a gen 126610 or a gen 126610 xtal could try to reproduce the effect amd share their findings?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

You still have a black hole. The AR on the inside does nothing to stop the glare off the outside of the crystal. It’s there to stop the inside of the crystal reflecting the dial hands and incices back and fourth. The effect is a clearer, cleaner looking dial.

Tobel

6/7/17
You still have a black hole. The AR on the inside does nothing to stop the glare off the outside of the crystal. It’s there to stop the inside of the crystal reflecting the dial hands and incices back and fourth. The effect is a clearer, cleaner looking dial.

Thanks man, I learned something today :)

Nassim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/20
So JVS is not the same as VVS?

They’re, they were using many names at the beginning and even faking CF. Now it seems that they understood that they’re the best on the market after VSF closed.

Nassim

16/2/20
So JVS is not the same as VVS?

They’re, they were using many names at the beginning and even faking CF. Now it seems that they understood that they’re the best on the market after VSF closed.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

So they are the best on the market now? Surpassing CF, RF?

Nassim

16/2/20
CF is not a trusty manufacture after all the ZZF switch 904 scandal and now their CG issues and old movement. RF first batches seem to have xtal issue bieng too high...
JVS has no reported issue atm and seems to be best replica atm (imho)

Reactions: walla65

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada

We honestly still need a reviews of all three side by side before any front runner is laid out. I think in the RF thread it seems they are not the top sub contender. And TBH a lot of guys including myself are waiting on the JVS V2 to hit TDs with their updated prefix serial 2R.

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
We honestly still need a reviews of all three side by side before any front runner is laid out. I think in the RF thread it seems they are not the top sub contender. And TBH a lot of guys including myself are waiting on the JVS V2 to hit TDs with their updated prefix serial 2R.

Does just an updated prefix plays a key role in judging the build quality of the watch?