• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JVS 126610 S3235....Fake VSF???

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada
Hi, I wrote to puretime yesterday and they told me that JVS and VVSF are two different factories. Similar quality but they prefer VVSF.
JVS will be posted on their site in a few days.

Interesting that’s good to know

tomhorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/08
When I pushed back that the S/N did not correspond with any known ones from VSF
In looking though peoples pictures, I have seen most start with 2R, and have seen as high as 2R9. Does that sound about right?

JVS/VVSF/3EF/EEE are all the same factory. I got mine through Mr Timrzone over at RG but he was selling it as VSF. Puretime has it under VVSF and Intime has it under 3EF
I have seen MTZ post a few times they have VSF's in very small quantities. Was figuring they managed to find a few isolated leftovers from before the raids?

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
I have seen MTZ post a few times they have VSF's in very small quantities. Was figuring they managed to find a few isolated leftovers from before the raids?

Mr Timrzone can't differentiate from VSF and VSF copies. If he's still advertising VSF, they are most likely not real VSF. Se thing is happening with Clean Factory. Many dealers can't separate the fake Cleans from real Cleans.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Even copying CF means the market is simply depleted of high quality reps.
The rep business has entered into the Ice Age in 2021

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
the very few stocks limited VSFs are not VSFs, in all likelihood they are JVS passed off as VSF.
this is bad because most likely JVS is not that bad. the problem is, it's just not what he's sold for.

sold as a real JVS would spark much more interest and much more confidence in the TD and the factory itself.

some rumors say it helps take over from VSF

Last edited:

allez

BTW JVS has updated their 126610 models. They now have 2R serial prefix instead of 3M

Interesting…

just an assumption, as I don't know the strategy of this producer ... Does he (just in your opinion folks) have the same supplier (with the VSF engraving no at example) or is he trying to copy somehow?
On the other hand it would speak that he delivers in his bags/packaging where he at least clearly shows that the sub is not VSF ...
what the other dealers do then is of course a different matter and unfortunately leaves room for confusion or else intentional misleading.

QC/advertising including a picture with opened back is in my opinion for new and m2m in future a little must have unfortunately.

Ok I have to admit I opened just my VSF 126610 2R6 and 2R9 serial subs immediately after reading that …! :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Interesting…

just an assumption, as I don't know the strategy of this producer ... Does he (just in your opinion folks) have the same supplier (with the VSF engraving no at example) or is he trying to copy somehow?
On the other hand it would speak that he delivers in his bags/packaging where he at least clearly shows that the sub is not VSF ...
what the other dealers do then is of course a different matter and unfortunately leaves room for confusion or else intentional misleading.

QC/advertising including a picture with opened back is in my opinion for new and m2m in future a little must have unfortunately.

Ok I have to admit I opened just my VSF 126610 2R6 and 2R9 serial subs immediately after reading that …! :)

If you doubt it is not a 3235 inside, what other movements do you think it can be? A2824?

Reactions: Pogostik

allez

I meant more not a VSF sub with the vs movement. See the post above there is (if they take the same rehaut serials) one quick thing to clarify if you buy a real vsf or a vvsf/jvs…and so on. As I understood just vsf has the VS2325 inside (see comparison puretime hp) and here good for every interested buyer I think.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/co...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

If there will be hybrides - I guess yes.
So my opinion was only it will be harder to clarify what you get not that an other factory/movement is not as good as…

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Interesting…

Nope,different case supplier,also the jvs has better rehaut(funny i know),so he is trying to copy.
Delivery bags are new from them ,but bad dealers toss them(we can understand why).
Their clasp lettering got better,so yes only with open caseback can 100% be sure(and that you must know what to look and know the difference with dandongs 3235 and Shanghai's 3235).
The 2R6 comes with my guarantee,so wear with confidence :thumbsup:

Reactions: allez

allez

Thanks for clarification and your note to the watch I bought from you buddy :)
No doubt that yours is real one. But will be weird in future… just what I had to say.

Reactions: j21

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Is the dangdong 3235 really superior to the Shanghai's? My understanding is that the VS3235 also has issues too

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Is the dangdong 3235 really superior to the Shanghai's? My understanding is that the VS3235 also has issues too
Dandong is a 3235 clone, Shangai is based on 3135. Maybe vr will be more reliable than vs, but it isn't a perfect clone.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Dandong is a 3235 clone, Shangai is based on 3135. Maybe vr will be more reliable than vs, but it isn't a perfect clone.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

Is my understanding correct that VR is the Shanghai type?
In such sense the Shanghai 3235 doesn't have a 70 hours PR then?

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Is my understanding correct that VR is the Shanghai type?
In such sense the Shanghai 3235 doesn't have a 70 hours PR then?

Yes, vr3235 (Shanghai) adopted in rf, clean and jvs is a VR3135 with modifications to look like a 3235, so it has a standard 3135 power reserve.
The only factory that used Dandong movement, the true 3235 clone, has been vsf.

Reactions: Uhr70