• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Am I seeing things on my QC that aren't there?

SingG990

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/15
Hey RWI,

Im hoping some of the VSF 116610 experts and submariner vetrans can shed some light. After tons of research, I pulled the trigger on a vsf 116610. I received QC this morning, and I think im going crazy/being anal.

1. The crown guards shape appears off/different from prior VSF pics I've seen
2. The SEL/Lug fitment doesn't seem as good as the initial batch

Rehaut doesnt seem too off and neither do the hour markers. For the above 2 am I being over critical? Give it to my straight RWI, is this an accept or a reject?

https://imgur.com/a/WshRwHq

-A humbled long time lurker

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Keeping with the rules, I will only respond to you specific concerns which are the SELs and CGs.

First, you are buying a rep and, as you are no doubt aware, VSF produced a very good rep. Though they’re not perfect, no rep. Second point I’d like to make is, if you RL this watch, you should be prepared to wait or choose an alternative due to the lack of new inventory. That’s a call only you can make.

Now as to your stated concerns:

It’s difficult to see the SELs given the angles and how the watch is being held but I see no flaw to be concerned about. Likewise the CGs look fine. The lighting and angle make the lower one in particular look kind of funky but they’re not bad.

You could ask Li to take a new set of photos but I wouldn’t worry about it.

If it looks good on the timegrapher, GL that puppy, and enjoy!

SingG990

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/15
Keeping with the rules, I will only respond to you specific concerns which are the SELs and CGs.

First, you are buying a rep and, as you are no doubt aware, VSF produced a very good rep. Though they’re not perfect, no rep. Second point I’d like to make is, if you RL this watch, you should be prepared to wait or choose an alternative due to the lack of new inventory. That’s a call only you can make.

Now as to your stated concerns:

It’s difficult to see the SELs given the angles and how the watch is being held but I see no flaw to be concerned about. Likewise the CGs look fine. The lighting and angle make the lower one in particular look kind of funky but they’re not bad.

You could ask Li to take a new set of photos but I wouldn’t worry about it.

If it looks good on the timegrapher, GL that puppy, and enjoy!

Thank you for your input sir!

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Watch looks great. I would GL and enjoy.
The crown guards might look off in some of the pictures because the plastic wrap is still applied.

Good luck

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Watch looks great. I think the crown guards have a protective film on them which is pealing. Thus causing the weird look. I would approve. You will love the watch.