• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
For the sake of clarity, do you mean VSF is coming back this year (as in before Dec 31st 2021)? Or do you mean, a source told you sometime in 2021 that VSF would be back (at some point in the future)? I'm on team New Yorker nutty comma, but I know others like to play faster and looser with implicit punctuation; thus the question.

With over a decade in this weird hobby, this is absolutely the best post I have ever read on RWI or any other rep forum.

Reactions: dogwood

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
For the sake of clarity, do you mean VSF is coming back this year (as in before Dec 31st 2021)? Or do you mean, a source told you sometime in 2021 that VSF would be back (at some point in the future)? I'm on team New Yorker nutty comma, but I know others like to play faster and looser with implicit punctuation; thus the question.

This is the obvious answer Columbo, as otherwise - his source told him back in 2020/19/18 or earlier (before VSF was raided), that VSF would be back at some point in the future. This scenario would imply that VSF knew they were going to be raided yet did nothing to prevent it - maybe because they knew they'd be back..?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
This is the obvious answer
I suppose technically there's the possibility that Cadows source told them, in 2021, that VSF would be back in 2021. I think I deserve a grammatical yellow card for using the word "or" in the exclusive sense. That is, "or" meaning one, the other, but not both; whereas I have to admit that Cadows' parenthetical statement of "...this year" could have targeted to both when Cadows heard from their source, and when VSF would be back.

Reactions: KJ2020

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I suppose technically there's the possibility that Cadows source told them, in 2021, that VSF would be back in 2021. I think I deserve a grammatical yellow card for using the word "or" in the exclusive sense. That is, "or" meaning one, the other, but not both; whereas I have to admit that Cadows' parenthetical statement of "...this year" could have targeted to both when Cadows heard from their source, and when VSF would be back.

I'm just being silly but I get your point. I think it's all speculation anyway.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand

Perhaps concentrating on words instead of punctuation is of better value. Try inserting the word "could" instead of "would" and see if you're still so confident. it's only on letter but it instils a vastly different expectation.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I believe that the RF will be very close as advertised in the first two posts. I believe this because over the decades I have noticed that there have been a steady increase of quality of copy watches across the board from high end to low end and to the homage market as well.

Back in the day, homages were crap, low end rep was crap, and high end was only so so. it all shifted and nowadays we have really good Pagani Design homages that beats out the Parnis homages of 5 years ago which beat out the Invictas of 10 years ago.. just like how VSF kicked the butts of many of the high end factories..

I think this may have to do with some kind of increase in availability of capable watch making machines in south eastern china, whereas in the past they must have been using some kind of old machines that didnt do as good of a job. Maybe the old crappy machines finally wore out and these rep factories and parts makers were forced to buy more modern and capable machines..

How else can we explain how VSF was able to suddenly pop up and make such great pieces when factories with long histories like NOOB was still producing sub par products?

It Must have been that VSF started off with the newer technology. and IF that is REALLY the case, and RF is indeed a new startup factory from the ground up, RF may have purchased the newest machines that are even newer than VSF's which is why they can boldly claim all that they had claimed on post 1 and 2..

Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
VSF is coming back by the end of year 2021. Sorry I forgot this forum is full of grammar nazies and OCD freaks (including myself).

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I have contacts in GZ. No one knows when VSF come back. Butvthey will - the name itself is pure money. May be after CNY 2022 - but nobody knows, cause no possibility to contact on business communication channels.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I believe that the RF will be very close as advertised in the first two posts. I believe this because over the decades I have noticed that there have been a steady increase of quality of copy watches across the board from high end to low end and to the homage market as well.

Back in the day, homages were crap, low end rep was crap, and high end was only so so. it all shifted and nowadays we have really good Pagani Design homages that beats out the Parnis homages of 5 years ago which beat out the Invictas of 10 years ago.. just like how VSF kicked the butts of many of the high end factories..

I think this may have to do with some kind of increase in availability of capable watch making machines in south eastern china, whereas in the past they must have been using some kind of old machines that didnt do as good of a job. Maybe the old crappy machines finally wore out and these rep factories and parts makers were forced to buy more modern and capable machines..

How else can we explain how VSF was able to suddenly pop up and make such great pieces when factories with long histories like NOOB was still producing sub par products?

It Must have been that VSF started off with the newer technology. and IF that is REALLY the case, and RF is indeed a new startup factory from the ground up, RF may have purchased the newest machines that are even newer than VSF's which is why they can boldly claim all that they had claimed on post 1 and 2..

Fingers Crossed!

i do not think vsf is producing parts them self, i think they source parts like the movement, case, bracelet, and assemble them. they even use clean insert.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I can assure you my eyes are wide open & yet we have very little info whatsoever on this RF watch. Yes, I want it to be a decent release however, there appears to be very little about it anywhere and many doubtful/questioning comments from many. We even have TD's not opening the case back which is questionable given how many case back removal photos exist on their sites.

Again, I want this to be a successful example just like most do.

My post was posting a Rolex looking watch and not a Sherman tank so there is some relevance and not looking like white balls on a black dog. It's a watch site after all isn't it.

Joe Biden? C'mon man, you have Jacinda Ardern so I wouldn't be too smug with your gags. Anyway, isn't a New Zealander just a second rate Aussie who has an unhealthy attachment to sheep in gumboots next to the edge of a cliff. ;)
You can knock the new zealand crap on the head. We live in paradise.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk