• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Looks good. I have a VSF LV, so let’s hope they get to the no date shortly.

Snap. Have a VSF LV on order (approved the QC) just waiting for the 2nd half of my order before shipping both.

But if you guys are eager re these ones, I shall consider that a tentative good sign ;)

Look forward to the in-hand reviews.

Reactions: sukwonee

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I think this has been mentioned in this thread a few pages back, but I heard from Li at JTime this morning who said "One info I can confirm you is that the movement Clean and RF are exactly the same movement." when I was asking about the movements in the RF and Clean 126610s. It is a bit odd that Andrew from Trusty doesn't have open case pictures of the RF whereas Li from JTime does have open case pics for the Clean... and it's Li saying that they're the same, so to me that implies that there's a strong chance that they are the same because the guy with the pics of the open case (Li) is saying that the guy with the closed case (Andrew) has nothing to hide. Also, Li is a TD and it would be egg on his face if he said something like this and it turned out not to be true.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Also, I'm writing an article / post about The State Of The Submariner as of Sept 2021... Here's a link to the draft. The link should allow commenting, but if you'd like to have edit access, just send me a PM and I'll add you as a co-author.

This is the result of my own research into the subject. I'm new to the rep world, and have a habit of going down research rabbit holes, and the article started as a collection of my own notes, but I figured it would be a useful thing for others who wanted to learn about the rep subs without having to read dozens of 100+ page RWI threads.

The specific section I'd love feedback on is the Replica Tells section. What I'm aiming for is a list of things that someone can look for without x10 or x50 magnification to evaluate how close a rep gets to the gen. Here's what I have so far:
  • Solid End Links - SELs should be all the good things as outlined by nikoel here.
  • Quick Adjust Smoothness - Quick adjust should be smooth and satisfying and shouldn't jam while sliding.
  • Bracelet Clasp Gaps - The gaps in the latch under the crown and below the crown should be the same width and shouldn't have sharp edges
  • Dial Text - Kerning shouldn't be horrifying (although gens aren't the best). Letters shouldn't be cut off vertically (especially I's and T's). Text should be properly spaced and positioned.
  • Cyclops Lens Halo - There should be a white "halo" around the cyclops when viewed from above.
  • Cyclops Lens Black Hole - There should be a "black hole" projected through the cyclops lens when viewed from about 45 degrees above the crown side of the watch (is there a better way to describe this?)
  • Cyclops Lens Alignment - The cyclops lens and the date window on the dial need to have their horizontal edges perfectly parallel.
  • Date Wheel Alignment - The date should be displayed nicely in the center of the date window for all the different dates. The 20s seem to be the date numbers which are commonly not centered for some reason.
  • Hand Lengths and Finish - Hands should be the correct length (especially the minute hand) which should be just short of overlapping the minute markers on the dial when viewed directly from above. The hands should also be nicely finished and there should be almost zero radius where a straight edge on a hand meets a round feature (e.g. where the hour hand straight bit intersects the peace sign).
  • Rehaut Text and Alignment - The ROLEX text in the rehaut should have every letter aligned with the center of the minute markers. The serial number text at the 6 o'clock position in the rehaut should have its letters aligned in between the minute markers.
What are other good "naked eye" items to inspect for a sub?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Also, also... for anybody thinking they've missed the boat for the best 126610 rep because VSF has shut down, I present to you this picture (as seen today on reddit). According to the person who posted, their LV is from VS. So while it does have the fancy 1:1 VS3235 replica movement (which may have a horrifying reliability issue), it also has two clear tells for the trained eye: SEL gap and misaligned serial number rehaut engraving.
I'm really excited to see what both RF and Clean model subs are like once deliveries land and reviews are posted.

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Also, also... for anybody thinking they've missed the boat for the best 126610 rep because VSF has shut down, I present to you this picture (as seen today on reddit). According to the person who posted, their LV is from VS. So while it does have the fancy 1:1 VS3235 replica movement (which may have a horrifying reliability issue), it also has two clear tells for the trained eye: SEL gap and misaligned serial number rehaut engraving.
I'm really excited to see what both RF and Clean model subs are like once deliveries land and reviews are posted.

I have two vsfs and the sel gap is so small I can’t see it unless I have a light behind it. On the wrist in a natural setting it’s just not visible. I’ve put gen parts in both of my vs3235 movements which to me shows the potential of building a near-gen movement from the mainplate up. That is pretty impressive. Rehaut is off as you stated and can be seen with a loupe but not in a natural setting.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
On the wrist in a natural setting it’s just not visible. I’ve put gen parts in both of my vs3235 movements which to me shows the potential of building a near-gen movement from the mainplate up. That is pretty impressive. Rehaut is off as you stated and can be seen with a loupe but not in a natural setting.
That's great to hear. I realized after posting that it might have seemed like I was throwing shade on VSF... that wasn't my intention. And I agree, the ability to build up a with gen parts in the movement is a spectacular benefit of the VS3235 movement. Good to know that the rehaut text alignment can't really be seen without a loop.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
your statement about SEL gap is inaccurate.
Which one? Sorry, I've posted a few too many comments in this thread and lost track? Was I wrong about the VSF 126610LV's SEL gap in the picture? Or that nikoel 's post about SELs was a good source?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
That's great to hear. I realized after posting that it might have seemed like I was throwing shade on VSF... that wasn't my intention. And I agree, the ability to build up a with gen parts in the movement is a spectacular benefit of the VS3235 movement. Good to know that the rehaut text alignment can't really be seen without a loop.

Different flaws bother different people in different ways. I went to a lot of trouble and expense to disassemble my vsf bracelets to correct a spot on the SELs where they were nearly flush with the lugs. IRL it hardly looks any different because the flaw was so subtle, but I was determined to fix it! The rehaut doesn’t bother me but I’m sure it bothers others. We just have to decide how much inaccuracy we’re willing to tolerate.

Mathieu123I

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/12
Snap. Have a VSF LV on order (approved the QC) just waiting for the 2nd half of my order before shipping both.

But if you guys are eager re these ones, I shall consider that a tentative good sign ;)

Look forward to the in-hand reviews.

Is the VSF lv now available?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Is the VSF lv now available?

Doubtful tbh, havent heard any different lately, but could be wrong. This is part of a TD double order from mid-May.

Am waiting on the 2nd half of the order (which I changed from a no date to a 5164a) before both are shipped.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
If you have good news share with us :drinks_cheers:, I very much hope :bless: I’m waiting for their OMEGA with trepidation

Government has confiscated everything from them but they are coming back (according to my source this year). Noob will be back too but they only have best Daytona, with VSF rep game is just not the same anymore and in VSF they know it.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
...but they are coming back (according to my source this year).
For the sake of clarity, do you mean VSF is coming back this year (as in before Dec 31st 2021)? Or do you mean, a source told you sometime in 2021 that VSF would be back (at some point in the future)? I'm on team New Yorker nutty comma, but I know others like to play faster and looser with implicit punctuation; thus the question.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer